September 2017: Hits & Misses

AgeinATL

I'll keep buying the small because:
1) I love the smell and
2) I don't use it up quick enough for a liter size, although I have contemplated it over the years. It took me forever to use the 16 ounce.
I am glad to say my hair retains moisture for me to only have to moisturize once a week. Sometimes I might midweek just for the heck of it but most times I don't need to.

I LOVE the smell too! I was so shocked to see how many people hate it. Like you said, hair dew keeps my hair moisturized all week, I love that stuff. It takes me over 6 months to use a liter but now that I have started using it in my sons' hair, I go through it a bit faster.

Alma Petra

But guys, the 16 oz bottle does definitely have that awful smell (aplogies to those who like it). I haven't use an 8 oz bottle before. Are you telling me that the smell is even worse/stronger in that one? :eek:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I think you may be on to something. I usually order a liter but missed the last sale. I ended up just getting a couple of 8ozs from Sally to tide me over. The smell is MUCH more powerful and the lotion is a tad bit thicker in the 8oz bottle. It doesn't bother me because I LOVE the smell but I could definitely tell the difference in fragrance strength and even consistency between the two sizes.
I noticed the 16oz wasn't as fragrant but I've never found the smell overpowering in the 8oz either. Or even strong. Or even noticeable. Ionno. If you can stomach the smells of some of these SM Masques, especially the High Porosity one, OHD should be a welcomed treat.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:
Gel as a final sealer versus grease or pomade for twist outs only. It is the combination of curl definition and frizz-defying definition :laugh: that makes it a hit. My hair looks nice and drops, but it's my hair not being everywhere that makes me happy. I don't mind you knowing I have long hair; it the "a lot" of hair things that keeps it in a bun because I hate conversation :look:

AgeinATL

I noticed the 16oz wasn't as fragrant but I've never found the smell overpowering in the 8oz either. Or even strong. Or even noticeable. Ionno. If you can stomach the smells of some of these SM Masques, especially the High Porosity one, OHD should be a welcomed treat.

My gawd. The smell of that masque had my head hurting and I am typically not one that is sensitive to smells like that. The smell would linger even after you rinsed and NOTHING would cover the smell. So if this is how the ladies who hate the smell of OHD feel about that fragrance, I completely understand.

NaturallyATLPCH

My gawd. The smell of that masque had my head hurting and I am typically not one that is sensitive to smells like that. The smell would linger even after you rinsed and NOTHING would cover the smell. So if this is how the ladies who hate the smell of OHD feel about that fragrance, I completely understand.
I actually liked the smell of the High Po mask :lachen:.

Tefnut

Which Indian powders do you use for scalp exfoliation and what do you mix them with?

New hit:

Scalp exfoliation. This is my second week using indian powders as a hair wash and I aslo use tem to give my scalp a little scrub. Im really enjoying this. Why did I not do this before? I guess I thought ACV was enough. I know it makes a difference because before I would apply a tingly EO like peppermint and it would be "aight" now its like :burn: :burn: :burn:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Paging @AgeinATL

Hit and Miss: Oil Rinsing
So I like it because those tangles come right out. It's just the oil under deep conditioner thing. The conditioner is enough to kinda rinse off the oil and so my hair detangler well, but does feel "conditioned". Even after sealing, it still has a hardness to it. It is going to be something I do when I really need to detangle with a comb but will skip for finger detanlging.

curlyhersheygirl

Paging @AgeinATL

So I like it because those tangles come right out. It's just the oil under deep conditioner thing. The conditioner is enough to kinda rinse off the oil and so my hair detangler well, but does feel "conditioned". Even after sealing, it still has a hardness to it. It is going to be something I do when I really need to detangle with a comb but will skip for finger detanlging.
@Saludable84
When I oil rinse I apply the oil on top of the R/O conditioner and I have never experienced what you posted.

beautyaddict1913

Paging @AgeinATL

Do you rinse the oil before the D.C.?