Look what she did to my baby's hair.....cry, mad, angry!! I NEED HELP!!!

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
oh. my. goodness. so how bad did you hurt her? :look: your baby's hair was so pretty before you left! ugh. i hate when folks use relaxers on a baby's hair thinking its some kind of solution, and it ends up bein the problem. it ate her hair up!

chameiltress

I WOULD HAVE DUG A HOLE IN HER FACE!!! OMG! im soooo sorry is there any way u can keep her hair in braids and another fam meber all together make sure it stays that way or out her in somone else care and again im sooo sorry your cousin needs to be taken out back and beatin with a whip!

cutenss

You daughter is beautiful in all the pictures. After you get through :spank: your cousin, then get your daughter some braids. She should not have to do battle at home, when you just left it. And thank you for that. I know you will make it OK. After you get through :catfight: your cousin!

sheba1

I understand this is an old post but it still happened. I can hardly believe it!

I had a very strong reaction to these photos... and I was curious how a guy might react. I know we're all women and we are all, obviously, into hair. So I asked my bf how he would feel and showed him the before and after pics. He's livid!!! Even a man that shakes his head every time I DC with my soft bonnet dryer and couldn't care less can see that this was just plain wrong on so many levels. I know her hair has probably recovered by this time and there are blessings in all things... but my cuz would have caught a beat down. Point blank period.

shae101s

Usually I say people should avoid violent reactions, but really your cousin is just plain dirty and wrong for this. I'm upset!! You left care instructions and all the materials, all she had to do was follow them, and she couldn't do that?? And what's worse, she decides to do the one thing you asked not to do! oh heck nah!!

Plus to me it seems she was waiting for a chance to make your beautiful little girls hair go down the drain...because why is her daughters hair still well managed??? hmmmmmmmmmmm??????

Anyways, I'm truly sorry this happened, but I say either put her in braids and actually even though she is eight, tell her what to spray in her hair at times (trust me you are never too young to learn to do your own hair--I started at 7 lol). And possibly find someone..a church member, a mother from her school (idk), I don't know, someone willing to help..it's just sad her own grandma and aunt's couldn't even care less.. sigh..

Everything Zen

Lawd she even got Allandra angry. Now you KNOW she was wrong.

Ol unfit *****. You should give her an extra strength tbc relaxer mixed with rio and copa and let it sit on for an hour.

Don't forget to add some Bantu! :swearing:

OP- do you think you can set up a webcam with skype or something so you can see DD daily? I don't know if you answered this but it sounds like your daughter never mentioned what was done to her hair. THAT has got to change. Tell her everything that she needs to know- like when a conditioner "smells funny or burns", how much heat someone is putting on her hair, all sprays, gels, etc. I'd make her turn into the secret police with you.

MissNina

Libra Girl
WOW. . .I can't believe this happened to your daughter. I know this an old post too, and I didn't read the whole thread, how is her hair now? I'm pretty sure you were able to get it back on track, God-willing!

Casarela

WHOA! I was in shock when I saw the first pic I thought you were refering to the end results until I scrolled down :( . Im so sorry to hear and see what yoru cousin did.

IMHO, I think you should definetly do some hardcore treatments to you daughters hair and then get her hair cornrowed into 10 section maximum. Find someone who will follow your instructions and to cornrow her hair every month or so.

IN ADDITION , TEACH THE MOST THAT YOU CAN TO YOUR LITTLE GURL SUCH AS HOW TO DETANGLE W/ WIDE TOOTH COMB, COWASH, SPRITZ HER BRAIDS, DC AND PREP HER HAIR BEFORE SHE GETS IT BRAIDED AND TO ALWAYS DETANGLE AFTER THEY UNBRAID HER HAIR, JUST TO AVOID ANY FUTURE DAMAGE

BISOU AND A BIG HUG!

rsmith

What made her think she could put a perm in your daughter's hair. That was a dumb decision. I would be fire mad.

cookie1

My mouth is dropped because there was no need to destroy that baby's healthy hair. I would go back to the regime you had before bc it was working. I would find someone else to oversee my child's hair care because someone lost their mind.

MsChelle

Impresaria.......what I want to know is, did you whoop her *ss behind what she did to your baby? I don't condone violence but OMG.........I see why you cried. That beautiful little girl didn't deserve that ABUSE to her hair. I am in shock over here!!! My heart actually sped up when I saw the before and after pics. I am so sorry that happened to her hair. I know with your loving attention it will grow back beautifully. You NO DOUBT educated your cousin at this point.......

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I'm a few days late, but first of all please tell me that your cousin is still alive. If not, I know ways to make this thread (evidence) disappear. :sekret:

Secondly, your daughter is gorgeous. :yep:

Lastly, I know that with your hair care knowledge you will get her hair back on track in no time, and bless your heart for having to be away from that beautiful baby for an extended period. :kiss:

keepithealthy

Don't forget to add some Bantu! :swearing:

OP- do you think you can set up a webcam with skype or something so you can see DD daily? I don't know if you answered this but it sounds like your daughter never mentioned what was done to her hair. THAT has got to change. Tell her everything that she needs to know- like when a conditioner "smells funny or burns", how much heat someone is putting on her hair, all sprays, gels, etc. I'd make her turn into the secret police with you.

That sounds like a good idea!!!

likewtr4chklit

They don't make words that I can type here without getting banned that would accurately express my anger. I actually have tears in my eyes for you and your little girl. Not even just because of the perm but also the blatant disregard and neglect that had to take place in order for that to happen.

Sade

Oh my goodness lady first of all it is good to see you were back home for a little bit. And Take care of you on your way back. I will probably see you over there soon.

Oh my God!! My eyes welled up in tears when I saw Naiomi's hair! What the hell is wrong with your cousin? I will put her in braids and natural styles for a while. Also, you may want to find a good stylist that cares about hair that someone can take her to maybe every other week to braid or care of her hair while you are gone. I know honey this is hard but I don't know what else will work. If you find a stylist make sure you give her strict instructions see if she can take pictures if progress for you. Also, you might wanna have the stylist cut the permed hair off as Naiomi's hair grows. Finally, you are gonna have to sit little Naiomi down and help her understand not letting people do stuff to her hair. I know she is young but try as much as you can to help her understand.

I will be back with more suggestions.

*Michelle*

She is a beautiful little girl!

I am so sorry this has happened to you, I'm mad for you and her...ugh!! This happened to my dd at 12 when she went to visit her dad's crazy arse grandmother for the summer. I am happy to report we cut and grew till it was all out. Now she has a beautiful head of healthy just below her shoulder, hair. Good luck and hugs.

Many this is soooo disparaging....

Oh and take care while overseas.

RockCreak

I'm in tears right now. I can't even imagine how you're feeling right now. I'm soooo sorry. How is your daughter feeling? I hope she's ok. She's almost at that age where she starting to pay more attention to her looks (if she hasn't started already).

This is just a senseless tragedy.

Do you live in MD in the DMV area. I'm a licensed stylist and with the help of my sista's at LHCF, I'm positive that we can nurse her hair back to health. At no charge!!!!

Your cousin should be ashamed of herself!!! I'm quite sure her dd hair isn't looking like that. OOOOOHHH! I would definitely be catchin a beef for that one. Is that some form of abuse....hair neglect! If it's not, then it should be.

Where's your cousing right now? I'll like to give her a piece of my mind!

I'm sorry but I'm heated right now!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Just seeing this thread. My heart hurt after seeing the "after" pics.

Any updates?

orchidgirl

:wallbash: I can't believe you cousin had the nerve to perm her hair while you we gone. I am so sorry. My only suggestion would be to trim hair as close to one length as possible and do a protective style for a little while.:perplexed. I hope she offered an apology...:angry2: