Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2024

What problem are you looking to resolve so you CAN have Luscious, Healthy Ends in 2024?

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Here's a video about fenugreek spray from Now I am Nappy who is a LHCF member. She also has a hair product line!

post # 405 from LHCF Fenugreek thread video

Making Fenugreek Paste with Powder

Making Fenugreek Paste with Seeds video

@GGsKin
@newgrowth15
@IDareT'sHair
@snoop

Are in that thread!

GGskin Great post

Chicoro

My ends are healthy, but I at the cost of length. I get trims regularly and they often turn into cuts to maintain my shape.
They feel amazing, but I think the price I pay for them is too high.
Have you decided on your next goal? And, have you decided on how you will proceed? Self trims to gain length? Continue with stylist who shapes your hair? Go to stylist who does good trims and keeps your length?

GettingKinky

Have you decided on your next goal? And, have you decided on how you will proceed? Self trims to gain length? Continue with stylist who shapes your hair? Go to stylist who does good trims and keeps your length?
I haven’t decided. My current stylist can do good trims to retain length.

But the last time I saw her I complained that the back of my hair was way longer than the rest and said I wanted to gradually cut it to so that it would look good (blend with the rest).
She seemed like she understood and she said she would trim the back while it was still curly and then do a blow out trim on the rest, but she ended up cutting 5-6” from the back. :-0

I was traumatized at first, but my wash n go looks sooooo much better now so I got over it. But this is why the shortest parts of my hair are 10 inches and the rest of my hair is 13-15 inches.

So now I don’t know what I will do. I do want 30” hair, but I’m not sure how to get there and wear a wash n go that looks good along the way. Or if I can even get there wearing wash n gos

Last edited:

Chicoro

I haven’t decided. My current stylist can do good trims to retain length.

But the last time I saw her I complained that the back of my hair was way longer than the rest and said I wanted to gradually cut it to so that it would look good (blend with the rest).
She seemed like she understood and she said she would trim the back while it was still curly and then do a blow out trim on the rest, but she ended up cutting 5-6” from the back. :-0

I was traumatized at first, but my wash n go looks sooooo much better now so I got over it. But this is why the shortest parts of my hair are 10 inches and the rest of my hair is 13-15 inches.

So now I don’t know what I will do. I do want 30” hair, but I’m not sure how to get there and wear a wash n go that looks good along the way. Or if I can even get there wearing wash n gos
You are analyzing the situation and mulling over your options and where you've been and where you'd like to go. The boys in the basement, your subconscious, will bubble up an answer for you! Keep thinking things over. And, take baby steps!

GGsKin

Thank you ladies :2inlove: @Chicoro and @MzSwift. I'd be posting more about my hair if it was loose right now, but I've had it in extensions since last August, so I'm letting it do its thing after a decent cut due to incessant splits (I believe my hair was dehydrated) and heat damage. My hair seems to be doing well, and my ends look good. I've been redoing individual braids, as needed, making sure my hair is well lubricated. All this talk of fenugreek has me wanting to sprout some seeds myself. I plan to get round to it at some point.

Last edited:

Chicoro

Pssssssssssssttttt, do some of these processes and the focus on the ends look familiar? Ummmm hmmmm. She broke out with a bonnet. I know whose videos she's been watching, :giggle:

Why am I posting?

A reminder to value the processes that YOU develop and the knowledge you gain and share. Perhaps I am biased, but I have and I will continue to believe that African American women ushered in love, care and deep knowledge of cultivating afro-textured hair. It was an acknowledgement heard around the world.

Don't let the world EVER fool you into believing that you are not seen and that you are invisible. The world can't HELP but see you. Always toot your own horn, even if people are wearing ear plugs!

Chicoro

This is EXACTLY the reason why 2 Strand twists do not work on my hair. They never stay twisted and I have to redo and re do and redo and it just defeats the purpose of protective low manipulation styling for MY har. Braids work better for on my hair.twists.jpeg

MzSwift

Awww, thank you for the compliment. I’ll have to look up a passion twist as I don’t know what that is!

They're really pretty twists done with curly hair, so the twists aren't as rigid/tight.

1711553281821.png 1711553335512.png

Ladies love them bc they're not as uniformed as rope twists. There's a variety that's even less uniformed. I think they're called "butterfly locs" or something. Your twists favor those too. So pretty!

1711553513600.png 1711553567500.png 1711553582292.png

Chicoro

They're really pretty twists done with curly hair, so the twists aren't as rigid/tight.

View attachment 495201 View attachment 495203

Ladies love them bc they're not as uniformed as rope twists. There's a variety that's even less uniformed. I think they're called "butterfly locs" or something. Your twists favor those too. So pretty!

View attachment 495205 View attachment 495207 View attachment 495209
Thank for the photos and the compliment! Ain't that somethin'. I'm sitting here complaining about what my hair does naturally, and folks out her buying and paying to get what I got for free. Let me go and count my hair blessings.

snoop

I took my twists down this week and they came down even easier than I'd anticipated. I think that it was because I'd micro-trimmed the week before and so there were no knots or dry whispy ends wrapped onto themselves.

Admittedly, the past few mini twist takedowns were also easy because keeping my ends super lubricated helps a lot! Even if I only do it on the very first day of my install, it seems to make a difference.

Chicoro

I posted what happened here so I can stop derailing this thread. Carry on ladies

Post in thread 'Daughters of narcissistic mothers'
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/daughters-of-narcissistic-mothers.740831/post-25938491
You ain't derailing this thread! Have you seen some of MY posts????!!!

Whatever comes up from this thread or is triggered by something in this thread can go here, too. But thank you for thinking of us and providing the link to the more detailed post.

Whatever any of us has to say, brought up or brought out by this thread comes up for a reason. And, it is always welcomed in this thread.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
@Chicoro That first part cracked me up, because it's something I would say. I agree with you though. My brain is always segue-ing lol (fun fact, I thought it was spelled "segway" not "segue". Language lol)

But I think I need a trim now. I think when I take this latest style down, I definitely need to trim, if not cut. I'll wait until I get my hair straightened to be sure.

Chicoro

@Chicoro That first part cracked me up, because it's something I would say. I agree with you though. My brain is always segue-ing lol (fun fact, I thought it was spelled "segway" not "segue". Language lol)

But I think I need a trim now. I think when I take this latest style down, I definitely need to trim, if not cut. I'll wait until I get my hair straightened to be sure.
Please don't get scissor happy. You can and should do what is best for you, of course and I will support you! I will support you but not them scissors.

caribeandiva

Human being
You ain't derailing this thread! Have you seen some of MY posts????!!!

Whatever comes up from this thread or is triggered by something in this thread can go here, too. But thank you for thinking of us and providing the link to the more detailed post.

Whatever any of us has to say, brought up or brought out by this thread comes up for a reason. And, it is always welcomed in this thread.
Thank you! :cry4:

Chicoro

This YouTube Short came across my feed. I LOVED the health of her ends. Then, the video image showed her natural hair.

THEN...

1711875636434.png
my Spidey Senses started tingling.

Video where I saw her use Shea butter:

I KNEW IT! I knew she was a Shea head. She used Shea butter after she straightened her hair.

How I Blow Out My Natural 4C Hair | Will The Revair Work On 4C Hair?​

Sapphire Delight

newgrowth15

This YouTube Short came across my feed. I LOVED the health of her ends. Then, the video image showed her natural hair.

THEN...

View attachment 495303
my Spidey Senses started tingling.

Video where I saw her use Shea butter:

I KNEW IT! I knew she was a Shea head. She used Shea butter after she straightened her hair.

How I Blow Out My Natural 4C Hair | Will The Revair Work On 4C Hair?​

Sapphire Delight
@Chicoro don't forget she also used fenugreek oil. We are on the right track.

Chicoro

@Chicoro don't forget she also used fenugreek oil. We are on the right track.
You are right! I saw that, too. I did forget that. That was the impetus for me wanting to post her in this thread, then I got completely off-track.

Yes, yes!!!! She does use her own fenugreek oil. And yes, @newgrowth15 we ARE on track! :walking::walking::walking::walking::walking::walking::walking::walking:

See her Step #3 :

fenugreek.png

Last edited: