March 2016: Hits & Misses

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
HITS:
My first attempts at:
DIY leave-in mix of Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, and distilled water
DIY gel mix of flax seed gel, KCCC, and black strap molasses. Need to add marshmallow root for slip next time though
...coils for days.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
HITS:
My first attempts at:
DIY leave-in mix of Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, and distilled water
DIY gel mix of flax seed gel, KCCC, and black strap molasses. Need to add marshmallow root for slip next time though
...coils for days.

Why the molasses?

nothidden

I use molasses on top of my deep conditioners. I'm curious to how it works with the gel.

It tenderizes meat??? That's good to know.
LOL...tenderizes meat...

I just add it to my gel because it's moisturizing. And since KCCC contains a humectant (agave nectar) which can draw moisture from the hair if the air is dry, I add molasses as a safeguard. Mind you, I have no idea whether this works, but I feel better doing so.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits in no particular order:
Cathy Howse Ultra Black Hair Deep Conditioner
Oyin Handmade (Hair Dew, Whipped Pudding, BSP)
Conair's Double Row Wavy Detangling Comb
Qhemet Biologic's Coco Tree Detangling Ghee
Jakeala's Sweet Honey Hair Thang (Rhassoul Hair Mask)
Hairveda (R/O) Conditioners (Amala Crème Rinse, Moist 24/7, MoistPRO/Red Tea
Siamese Twists Hair Crème

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Miss: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Marufa Oil masque. Didn't live up to the hype. It was just ok. I normally stan for SM products (except that curling soufflé sticky, goopy, greasy nonsense). This one didn't deliver any moisture or do anything special for my hair. I started using this last month or maybe January, finished the jar today (mixed it with a few things just to use it up) and I won't be repurchasing.

MsSanz92

Hit: Dr. Miracles Double Deep Moisturizing Masque.

I have natural 4b/c hair and, it made my hair feel really soft, silky, and elastic. It's also cone and paraben free!

I wanted to try this out soon glad it worked for you! I'm using their 2 in 1 Dandruff shampoo now and I like it a lot, since I'm having some issues with dandruff

CodeRed

Initial hit: Biotera Ultra Moisturizing Conditioner

I only bought a packet but my hair has a lot of body, more shine and it's soft. I didn't like it when I applied it in the shower because it felt like I was coating my hair but it was better when I rinsed, and when I dried I really liked it. Will see how it does after a day or two.

Kinky4Agirl

yhst-88462588038071_2404_2640882283.gif Ya'll this is definitely a hit that I just rediscovered yesterday. This took me waaaay back. All I need is a pick and I'm good to go. It's an oldie but goodie. My hair is soft and manageable. The first two ingredients are water and glycerin so it's good for moisture. Sometimes we get so consumed with new products that we forget about the products that worked on our hair back in the day. I am a new natural and my short coils need all the softness they can get. I'll change my avatar when I get some length. Believe me ladies, this product still works wonders!

nothidden

View attachment 353167 Ya'll this is definitely a hit that I just rediscovered yesterday. This took me waaaay back. All I need is a pick and I'm good to go. It's an oldie but goodie. My hair is soft and manageable. The first two ingredients are water and glycerin so it's good for moisture. Sometimes we get so consumed with new products that we forget about the products that worked on our hair back in the day. I am a new natural and my short coils need all the softness they can get. I'll change my avatar when I get some length. Believe me ladies, this product still works wonders!
I remember this!!

Rastafarai

Hit: Anita Grant's shipment. I got my package in 3 days.

Hit: Anita Grant's Japanese Camellia Kissi Oil. This stuff is the truth. Best oil I've tried, hands down! I think that's because of its high oleic fatty acid content. It has the highest oleic acid of all the natural oils. It instantaneously softened my hair WITHOUT leaving a greasy residue. It literally melted into my strands and I can feel and see the moisture and shine it added to my hair. It may be steep in price but its so worth it for me! .

Hit: Anita Grant's Monoi de Tahiti. Love the smell and its very moisturizing. I also like the versatility it offers in being used as a skin moisturizer.

Hit: Natty Naturals Natty Moist. I found this to be a great sealant on my ends to help maintain my twists and braids when I protective style. It prevents my ends from unraveling or resulting in frizz. It has a nice hold, is moisturizing and absorbs quickly.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I wanted to use this a few times before I deemed it a hit. Shea Moisture finally got it right in the shampoo department with this Jamaican black castor oil shampoo. I mean

169006-Bruno-Mars-hot-damn-gif-Imgur-SGc9.gif

This shampoo lathers like nobody's business, leaves my hair extremely moisturized yet clean and get this.....I was able to detangle. Wait lemme rewind that in slow motion....D-E-T-A-N-G-L-E. :dead::dighole:

CodeRed

Initial hit: Ion Color Defense Intense Moisture Conditioner

My hair is shinier and feels nice and soft. I forgot my Biosilk serum and my hair still feels nice.

Accidental hit: U R Curly Soya Shampoo

I thought I bought the conditioner but got the shampoo instead... if I didn't use silicones I'd probably use this shampoo regularly. It actually helped detangle my hair after my regular shampoo and my hair was smooth while wet. It's sulfate free though so I'm going to bow out. Good to remember for the future though.

winona

Continued Hits in no particular order:
Oyin Handmade (Hair Dew, Whipped Pudding, BSP)
Conair's Double Row Wavy Detangling Comb
Qhemet Biologic's Coco Tree Detangling Ghee
Jakeala's Sweet Honey Hair Thang (Rhassoul Hair Mask)
Hairveda (R/O) Conditioners (Amala Crème Rinse, Moist 24/7, MoistPRO/Red Tea
Siamese Twists Hair Crème

You have been raving about this conditioner for so long. I am set on my products but I'm gonna try it:O.