May 2016: Hits & Misses

Anaisin

Hit: MopTop Cowash Cleansing Conditioner

I knew I should've bought all 6 on clearance yesterday, today there were only 3 left and I still only got 1. Smh

Eta: Just went back to Target this morning and got the other 2 and some hair ties. I have a freaking rubber band in my hair today because all my hair bands were just breaking back to back this week

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
HITS

Claudie's Hair Revitalizer Customer Service

She has always provided great customer service over the years. This is just another example. I sent an email stating I received the wrong product and attached a picture. Within 30 minutes she responded and said I had the right product but it was the wrong label. She determined this based upon the color of the product and the size of the bottle. She sent me out another product so now I will have two :yep:.

Uncle Lee's Bamboo Tea (Exotic Fruit Flavor)
I like it. It's light and very easy to drink. I'm able to get two huge cups using one tea bag. I drink one in the morning and one at night. Years back I drank the bamboo tea that you could purchase from Relaxed Hair Health's website. I liked that too but this one is a bit lighter & airer if that makes sense. I am sweetening it this time around, I wasn't before.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I knew I should've bought all 6 on clearance yesterday, today there were only 3 left and I still only got 1. Smh
Eta: Just went back to Target this morning and got the other 2
and some hair ties. I have a freaking rubber band in my hair today because all my hair bands were just breaking back to back this week

@Anaisin
I'm sooooooooo glad you did!:up:

Someone gifted me the DC'er a while back and I loved it, but never repurchased.:love:

I prolly woulda' scooped all of those up too.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Somebody out there does @Saludable84 ...I know they do! :lachen::lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Tell them to go in the corner!

You know what, I'll go to the corner, because lately I've been having self control. But only because A) SM working for me lately, B) my hauls have been outta hand and C) can't keep beating DH home to hide packages when they are being delivered on Saturdays. So, I've had self control on her line, but no self control in general. And being that I'm waiting for her Memorial Day sale (not sure if she announced it but I have the 99% certainty she will) I'm not buying anything from her so I can binge then :look:

NaturallyATLPCH

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Tell them to go in the corner!

You know what, I'll go to the corner, because lately I've been having self control. But only because A) SM working for me lately, B) my hauls have been outta hand and C) can't keep beating DH home to hide packages when they are being delivered on Saturdays. So, I've had self control on her line, but no self control in general. And being that I'm waiting for her Memorial Day sale (not sure if she announced it but I have the 99% certainty she will) I'm not buying anything from her so I can binge then :look:

Oh yes, she is having a Memorial Day sale, you know those deets were out a couple of days ago.
She's been the only online retailer I've purchased from, now the PJism is spilling to on the ground stuff.
Imma go on a no buy in June. :lachen::look:.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Oh yes, she is having a Memorial Day sale, you know those deets were out a couple of days ago.
She's been the only online retailer I've purchased from, now the PJism is spilling to on the ground stuff.
Imma go on a no buy in June. :lachen::look:.

Of course, because then the July 4th sale will roll out and have you back to stalking the new scents. Whatever. I'm going to build a mock cart now. After this conversation, it's the right thing to do.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Initial Hit
Sarenzo Coconut Milk Moisturizer - received a sample with a recent package and while the directions say it's for skin or hair I've been using it on my skin and it's been wonderful! It leaves my skin soft and it's not super greasy. Texture is pretty thick so a little goes a long way. I'll be trying a dab of it on my hair when my next order arrives.

Beamodel

Big Miss
Spraying aloe Vera juice on my hair
- Caused dryness. I think I will only use aloe when I feel my hair is too oily because it seems to suck all the oil out of my hair

Holy Grail Continued Hit
APB leave in spray (marshmallow clouds)
- Saved my dry thirty strands from the dryness that the aloe Vera caused

CopperRose

Miss: Having to BC my hair back to APL :(

Hit: Cutting off a lot of damage and starting fresh. Without straightening I would've never seen the damaged/weak points in my hair since in its natural state my hair hides it so well. I was pretty bummed since I was so close to waistlength (again!) but I was not hitting it and it was probably due to breakage despite trimming. Hopefully I can make it this time.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Hit: Daily cowashing and wet bunning. My curls are popping, I'm only shedding 3-4, yes 3-4 hairs a day. My hair is shiny and my scalp feels great.

Hit: SM raw shea butter extra moisture detangler on soaking wet hair. Super easy detangling, moisturized hair, no crunch from the gel after my hair dried. Just lovely, soft, moist curl poppage. I need 5-6 more bottles. Summer holy grail status.

Anaisin

Hit: Rinsing with cool water

I did it with Moptop and just now with Pantene cowash. Idk if it "works" the way people claim it does but it definitely feels amazing

Okay so I'm an official "cool water rinser" Feels so good.

Hit: SSI Avocado Conditioner. I literally went through the entire bottle thinking it's okay/it does nothing until I used it as a pre poo.

NaturallyATLPCH

Miss: Having to BC my hair back to APL :(

Hit: Cutting off a lot of damage and starting fresh. Without straightening I would've never seen the damaged/weak points in my hair since in its natural state my hair hides it so well. I was pretty bummed since I was so close to waistlength (again!) but I was not hitting it and it was probably due to breakage despite trimming. Hopefully I can make it this time.
But at least you will be at a healthy APL! You'll get back to where you were and beyond.
I'm just trying to make it to APL period lol...

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
BIG MISS:

I threw out a jar of Aunt Jackie's Flaxseed Curling Gel because no matter how I used it, I either ended up with hard crunchy hair or flakes. That is a definite :nono:.

HIT:

I also used up a tube of Redken Time Reset Youth Revitalizer Mask. I liked that one and now I'm on to another tube:yep:.

I went to the BSS to see if they sold Miss Jessie's because I was looking for baby buttercream. The lady in the store laughed and said "No, but we sell Aunt Jackies". I asked her what was that and she laughed. I told her I was serious, never heard of this. She laughed and took me to the products. I asked if they were any good and she laughed. I asked how it compares to MJ's and she laughed. I know she wasn't trying to be rude but based on my line of questions, she already knew I wasn't there for it. Your review basically sealed the deal for me. I don't know whose aunt this is, but I don't trust her :(

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit
KC Curling Custard. When I applied after using KCKT, my curls were popping. I hate the way curling custards feel going on but I'll live. The next day, I questioned if this was good enough for twisting as my hair looked dull. I'm not sure but my hair was still wet. I was extremely disappointed. Then, yesterday, when I was putting my hair up, I took the time to realize how soft my hair was. And there are no flakes considering my hair is in a bun. My hair is still soft. That fact that my hair feels so soft is enough for me to continue using it. My curls are also defined and not limping as the week continues.

SM JBCO Deep Conditioner. It went on well and I was able to finger detangle. My hair was soft and it rinsed well. It could use more peppermint though. I need for my scalp to feel like a second nose.

Continued Hit
Camille Rose Cleansing Rinse. It's a really good no poo. It leaves decent slip, decent enough that I don't feel like I have to rip through my hair to apply conditioner.