May 2016: Hits & Misses

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
OK, no soup for you.:laugh:
In my defense...well my excuse for being nosy...I used to do taxes so I'm always curious about what deductions folks missed. One year I was at my cousin's house being all nosy and she was about to cuss me out until I told her that she could take more deductions and get an extra $1500+ back. I made the corrections and she took me to Red Lobster and got me an extra extra extra nice bday gift that year. I'm nosy for the good of the people lol.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Hits
MHC Type 4 Cream- I really like it as a sealant.
NG Light Mouisturising Spritz- Great as a refresher.

Miss
This entire transitioning process- From the long detangling sessions to the line of demacation breakage in some areas... Has me hating my hair at times. *Exhales slowly* :angry2:
BN Coco Castor Nectar Leave in- I used to love this but it's not doing anything for my hair now, it just feels dry afterwards.

AgeinATL

Hits
MHC Type 4 Cream- I really like it as a sealant.
NG Light Mouisturising Spritz- Great as a refresher.

Miss
This entire transitioning process- From the long detangling sessions to the line of demacation breakage in some areas... Has me hating my hair at times. *Exhales slowly* :angry2:
BN Coco Castor Nectar Leave in- I used to love this but it's not doing anything for my hair now, it just feels dry afterwards.

I know how you feel girl. I felt the same way. I hated my hair and I felt ugly when I had bad hair days. I suggest some type of protective style to help get you through this phase. Have you tried wigs?

AgeinATL

Miss:
Camille Rose Moroccan Pear Conditioning Custard. I HATE the smell of this product. It smells just like a relaxer. I initially bought it to use as a rinse out to help with detangling and add some moisture. It does neither. It is way too thick to help with detangling. You have to really water it down to get some slip. I left it in for about 20 minutes and rinsed. Absolutely NO moisture and no softness. I gave it to my sister. I have NEVER hated a Camille Rose product but this one is terrible.

Not taking a hint from @rileypak and picking up several bottles of the Shescentit Sugar Peach conditioner. While I haven't tried it yet, the reviews from @Saludable84 and @flyygirlll2 make me wish that I had picked up more bottles. I just hope that she makes it a permanent item in her line.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@AgeinATL Yeah, this is the worst I've ever felt about my hair. I know the feeling will eventually pass but still. I have tried wigs but that wasn't really working for me so I ditched it. The SSI Sugar Peach Conditioner is good. I might try it as a leave in/rinse out next time.

@Saludable84 I'm hoping to be there by next year. This September will make it 24 months post. I don't really do that much to my hair either besides wash day too. Low manipulation and protective styling have worked well for me.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
New Hits
Cream and Coco Pink Ginger and Anise Botanically Infused Scalp Honey, lovely scent, soothing to scalp and hair closest to scalp feels supple
Cream and Coco Ginger Peach Cider Botanically infused kombucha cider tea, for face, keeping my skin looking RIGHT~!
Nurcreations Egyptian Face cream, moist ,soft skin

Continued Hits
APB Leave in conditioner and Yerba Concentrate. , GREAT at keeping the hair moist and soft

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@shawnyblazes I've only been using the Yerba Concentrate on my edges. Hmmmm....I didn't think to use it as a mouisturizing spritz on my hair. Do you find the YC to be more mouisturizing on the hair than the APB leave in?
No, it is not more moisturizing than the APB Leave in, but together they are great. If I had to choose, Id go with the APB but the Yerba has great nourishing ingredients for my protective styled hair. I cant use spritzs/sprays on hair thats loose. Does not a thing but when the hair is contained together ,its most effective and reaches all the strands.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@shawnyblazes Thanks! So you're using both on your hair at the same time? I'm trying to find another use for the YC. I wear my hair is 2 strand twists pinned in a bun a majority of the time. I've been spritzing my hair lately since its been getting warmer.
Yes, I spritz the Yerba first and massage it in, then the APB. That seems to give me the sheen to my hair and boost of moisture that the Yerba doesnt alone. Using the Yerba alone I dont get the sheen because it has a lot of essential oils and no carriers so I feel like I'm sealing it to so speak with the APB

Rastafarai

Hit: Siamese Twists Cupuacu Carrot Moisture Butter

I admit I JUST opened up the box but I am loving the consistency of this product thus far. Its a water-based moisturizer that's a bit on the thicker side but its light enough to easily dissolve into the hair. It smells great too - nice and light floral scent (sweet pea scent). I can't quite describe it. Will definitely be repurchasing! I've attached a picture to show the consistency.

Ingredients: Deionized water, safflower, cocoa, cupuacu, carrot extract, sachi inchi oil, aloe vera, silk protein, emulsifying wax, germall plus

0519161758.jpg

Last edited:

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
HIT: Pre-pooing with Nutiva Super Food Shortening!
Leaves my hair soft and with very little breakage, even when using a clarifying poo! And I love that I can find it in stores!

THE JURY IS STILL OUT: Hairveda Amala Cream Wash and Elucence Conditioner
Amala's Pros:
I like the smell and it doesn't strip my hair AT. ALL. But neither does co-washing...also, I don't feel like I need to pre-poo when using this because it would leave my hair too oily.
Amala's Cons: My hair and scalp did not feel clean, which is the purpose of washing my hair.
Verdict: I will continue to use it and see how it performs but if it doesn't change from "Meh" to "Hit" I will not repurchase.

Eluecence Pros:
Nice, light fragrance that is PERFECT for using as a moisturizer before bedtime!
Elucence Cons: Not moisturizing enough. In fact, it is only SLIGHTLY more moisturizing than using nothing at all.
Verdict: Will use up the bottle and see how it continues to perform since I purchased a liter of this mug and some reviews says it performs better with time. But I'm already looking at a few bulk vendors for a replacement...