Masturbation and the Single Christian

Ladies,

thinking about the abstinence challenge, I want to know if masturbation is a sin, I can't seem to find any reference to it in the Bible. Being abstinent to me since I'm just beginning is HARD, sometimes I get sexual urges etc. but I'm trying to stay strong. Am I suppose to go cold turkey and say no to all things sexual or is pleasuring oneself ok?
Abstinent beginner wants to know
thanks

LondonDiva

I think it's gonna be a big fat no to that one too as you have to counjure up sexual scenarios in your mind in order to get to the big O.

Kikootie

Lets think about this. There is a feeling that comes from sex. You get aroused and all of that. With masturbation, you lend you thoughts, eyes, and ears to things that cause you to have those same feelings that you would if you were getting ready to or have sex. It would be those things that God does not approve of because you are no longer thinking of those things that are pure, of good report, etc that God commands us to think on in his word. Masturbation is like a short-cut to sex or takes the place of sex just so a person can quench those feelings and experience the outcome of sex. Instant gratification is the word. Is God involved in this? No. If you examine yourself when you want to masturbate or have sex, your mind probably is not even thinking about God. You gotta cast those thoughts and imaginations down.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
LondonDiva said:
I think it's gonna be a big fat no to that one too as you have to counjure up sexual scenarios in your mind in order to get to the big O.
ITA LondonDiva. :up:

Since I've given my life completly over to God, I no longer have the urge or the need to. :ohwell: Resist the urge with God on your side and all things are possible through Christ. :angel: And say to yourself "Does this activity glorify God?"

Psalms 94:11 - the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

We are to keep His temple Holy at ALL times.

To me, IMHO,Not only masturbation, but anal sex & oral sex does nothing to glorify God either!! :nono:

Last edited:

sugaplum

Star Shooter
LondonDiva said:
What we can't even do oral when we are married. :shocked:

This was just my opinon, LondonDiva. It's up to the person weither they feel comfortable in doing that or not. I'm just saying, in my opinon, married or not, it just doesn't glorify God and I don't see how it would.:ohwell:

1 Corinthians 3:16 - Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1 Corinthians 6:19 - Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own;

Just a question for everyone (not to change the subject) doesn't anal sex, oral sex, masturbation, etc. fall under sexual immorality??

Last edited:

sprungonhairboards

sugaplum said:
This was just my opinon, LondonDiva. It's up to the person weither they feel comfortable in doing that or not. I'm just saying, in my opinon, married or not, it just doesn't glorify God and I don't see how it would.:ohwell:

Just a question for everyone (not to change the subject) doesn't anal sex, oral sex, masturbation, etc. fall under sexual immorality??

How? So what else is immoral in your book? Women on top? toys? Do you believe people should even touch each other during sex? I'm just sayin :ohwell:

Please anyone, show me scripture that supports HOW we are supposed to have sex.

Honeyhips

Lovely
I thought the marraige bed was undefiled. :eek:
sugaplum said:

1 Corinthians 3:16 - Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1 Corinthians 6:19 - Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own;

sugaplum

Star Shooter
sprungonhairboards said:
How? So what else is immoral in your book? Women on top? toys? Do you believe people should even touch each other during sex? I'm just sayin :ohwell:

Please anyone, show me scripture that supports HOW we are supposed to have sex.

No, I don't have a scripture for this.:ohwell: Before I read the Bible, I always pray and ask God to open up my heart, my mind and my eyes to understanding His Word and to reveal things to me.

Toys...?? Man-made devices that provide sexual stimulation.... Hmmmmmm. :look: I see a lot wrong with this.

I didn't want what I said to turn into a debate over what my Holy Spirit revealed to me.

good2uuuu

Paul states that the marriage bed is undefiled (I'll have to find the text later, unless someone beats me to it). If you are married and you both agree on what so do sexually and you are not harming each other, then it's all good. God created us with these bodies and feelings and urges that are designed to enhance and bring joy to our marriage experiences. If He did not want us to fully enjoy marriage, then I don't believe He would have created us this way. There are too many people of various faiths and upbringings who teach us to be ashamed of our bodies and sex. It's sad because in the end so many are robbed of God's true purpose and fulfilllment. That said, I don't get the anal sex thing, but that's just me.

good2uuuu

Kikootie said:
Lets think about this. There is a feeling that comes from sex. You get aroused and all of that. With masturbation, you lend you thoughts, eyes, and ears to things that cause you to have those same feelings that you would if you were getting ready to or have sex. It would be those things that God does not approve of because you are no longer thinking of those things that are pure, of good report, etc that God commands us to think on in his word. Masturbation is like a short-cut to sex or takes the place of sex just so a person can quench those feelings and experience the outcome of sex. Instant gratification is the word. Is God involved in this? No. If you examine yourself when you want to masturbate or have sex, your mind probably is not even thinking about God. You gotta cast those thoughts and imaginations down.

ITA! I couldn't have said it better myself.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
good2uuuu said:
Paul states that the marriage bed is undefiled (I'll have to find the text later, unless someone beats me to it). If you are married and you both agree on what so do sexually and you are not harming each other, then it's all good. God created us with these bodies and feelings and urges that are designed to enhance and bring joy to our marriage experiences. If He did not want us to fully enjoy marriage, then I don't believe He would have created us this way. There are too many people of various faiths and upbringings who teach us to be ashamed of our bodies and sex. It's sad because in the end so many are robbed of God's true purpose and fulfilllment. That said, I don't get the anal sex thing, but that's just me.

Ok. So it's like no holds-barred when we are in the bed if we both agree? :lol: Just wondering if this is what you're saying? I'm learning a lot from this Christianty Forum.

Last edited:

bludacious

Not knocking anyone's opinion but this is why we should read the bible for ourselves. People can tell you that the bible says this....., the bible says that....!!! People can tell you anything. But if we read the bible for ourselves, we can interpret the meaning for ourselves and we will know what the bible states! I feel in my opinion, that the bible has been misinterpreted by many! Again, this is not pointed toward anyone. This is just MY OPINION!

bludacious

good2uuuu said:

Hebrews 13:4 (King James Version)

4Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

good2uuuu

bludacious said:
Not knocking anyone's opinion but this is why we should read the bible for ourselves. People can tell you that the bible says this....., the bible says that....!!! People can tell you anything. But if we read the bible for ourselves, we can interpret the meaning for ourselves and we will know what the bible states! I feel in my opinion, that the bible has been misinterpreted by many! Again, this is not pointed toward anyone. This is just MY OPINION!

This is so true. This is why it is so important to prayfully study the Word and ask God for guidance and to show you the way.

landakaye

I'm ITA with bludacious. Read and find out for yourself.

bludacious said:

LondonDiva

JuJuBoo said:
AMEN TO THAT! Shoot, it NEEDS to be undefiled after waiting THIS long, SHEESH!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
Girl you ain't never lied. It'll be 3 years for me in January but I'm gonna be patient cause come post Honeymoon this diva is gonna be calling into work sick A LOT.

sprungonhairboards

Man no wonder so many Christians are so uptight. Many of them probably have prudish unfulfilling jacked up sex lives! Poor husbands/wives can't leave, can't cheat, whew! :ohwell:

Opinions and preferences are one thing but bringing God into it and making it wrong, please have some back up~

LondonDiva

sprungonhairboards said:
Poor husbands/wives can't leave, can't cheat, whew! :ohwell:

Um :look: they aren't supposed to, hence having the choice of NOT having to get married. If they wanna screw around do it on someone else time, and not some poor unsuspecting spouse who took their vows seriously before the Lord and all their friends and family.

sprungonhairboards

LondonDiva said:
Um :look: they aren't supposed to, hence having the choice of NOT having to get married. If they wanna screw around do it on someone else time, and not some poor unsuspecting spouse who took their vows seriously before the Lord and all their friends and family.

??? huh
That's not what I meant, I'm in no way condoning cheating, and that 1 sentence you picked out was in reference to an entire topic but .. ok :look:

bludacious

LondonDiva said:

You on point LondonDiva. I totally agree. Second of all, if my man is marrying me just for sex, then he shouldn't even marry me! Those vows I take before God doesn't say "through sickness and health and good sex, too!" Don't get me wrong MAKING LOVE is apart of a marriage but a marriage is not based on it!

sugaplum

Star Shooter
sprungonhairboards said:
Man no wonder so many Christians are so uptight. Many of them probably have prudish unfulfilling jacked up sex lives! Poor husbands/wives can't leave, can't cheat, whew! :ohwell:

Opinions and preferences are one thing but bringing God into it and making it wrong, please have some back up~

According to the last post I made:

"Before I read the Bible, I always pray and ask God to open up my heart, my mind and my eyes to understanding His Word and to reveal things to me."

I wasn't trying to bring God into anything and make it wrong at all??? :look: I don't know where this came from.

I'm saying, after I've read the scriptures and get a full understanding becuase my Holy Spirit reveals things to me, and this all the "back-up" I need. :yep:

Last edited:

sprungonhairboards

sugaplum said:
[/i][/b][/u]

According to the last post I made:

"Before I read the Bible, I always pray and ask God to open up my heart, my mind and my eyes to understanding His Word and to reveal things to me."

I wasn't trying to bring God into anything and make it wrong at all??? :look: I don't know where this came from.

:

Actually I wasn't necessarily directing that towards you in particular and definately not in relation to that post, that's why I didn't qoute you :) But since you responded, you did bring God into it in your post prior to that one stating that certain sex acts do not glorify God. You quoted scriptures (that didnt support that theory) but nonetheless you quoted them. But it's all good. Sorry if you feel I'm being argumentative with you that's not my intentions :D

Sorry to take the thread off topic

sugaplum

Star Shooter
sprungonhairboards said:
Actually I wasn't necessarily directing that towards you in particular and definately not in relation to that post, that's why I didn't qoute you :) But since you responded, you did bring God into it in your post prior to that one stating that certain sex acts do not glorify God. You quoted scriptures (that didnt support that theory) but nonetheless you quoted them. But it's all good. Sorry if you feel I'm being argumentative with you that's not my intentions :D

Sorry to take the thread off topic

:kiss: I'm just learning is all. I take a lot of thought into what all the ladies say here. Including yours. ;)

Honeyhips

Lovely
It isn't a debate, if you have some type of understanding or revelation that would help me, I want to hear it. God could have given it to you to help soemoen else.
sugaplum said:
No, I don't have a scripture for this.:ohwell: Before I read the Bible, I always pray and ask God to open up my heart, my mind and my eyes to understanding His Word and to reveal things to me.

Toys...?? Man-made devices that provide sexual stimulation.... Hmmmmmm. :look: I see a lot wrong with this.

I didn't want what I said to turn into a debate over what my Holy Spirit revealed to me.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Honeyhips said:
It isn't a debate, if you have some type of understanding or revelation that would help me, I want to hear it. God could have given it to you to help soemoen else.

God bless you HH. :kiss: I would love to share what I've learned. It's just, well....what I've noticed on this forum, is it's hard to really express my feelings about the Bible, what I've learned, and what my Holy Spirit has revealed to me bececuse this thread becomes so argumentative at times. :cry3: What's a trip is I don't see any of this going on in any of the other forums (when I would expect it too). :look: I don't know maybe it's just me. :ohwell:

Since I started and joined the "Celibacy" thread, my Holy Spirit is soooo much stronger now. And everyday I'm growing stronger in the Word. You ladies know what I mean. :) I do Bible study faithfully for 5 hours out of the day, becuase I know God is trying to show me something and get me ready for something...just don't know what it is yet. But I will ask Him to reveal it to me. :)