May 2013...What Did YOU Buy this Week??? (Hair Care Edition)

EnExitStageLeft

My Steamer is here and fully assembled. SO did it for me on his lunch break. I ask to leave work a bit early today at work to watch, I'm so excited. I can't wait to use it:).

@IDareT'sHair my Afroveda just shipped. :look: I'll keep ordering from Sage from here on out :yep:.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@EnExitStageLeft

My Afroveda also shipped today.

I have x2 of the KBN SheaAloe Conditioners. And x2 CocoAloe DC'ers.

I want x2 more before the Free Ship ends on the 31st and maybe a 4oz Watermelon Butter?:lick:

Someone said it smells like a cross between Cantaloupe & Watermelon which sounds perfect for Summa'.:grin:

I have an 8oz of the Mango which smells amazing and not in an 'overly' Mango sort of way.

ronie

Original moxie hair bling and no foam shampoo and straight sleek control all sample sizes. Just needed to buy something before my bday. No more buying.......for now

I love that moxie hair bling. But i have a feeling that all the wax in my pomades were the culprit of my unexplained breakage. I stopped using them to try out the SD mocha bling butter, and i have been M&S with little to no breakage. It could be the silk protein in the SD mocha leave in, and the almond buttercream i have been using lately. I also give some credit to claudies normalizing conditioner. I am not complaining, but i am still investigating which of my product is the breakage begone worker. Until then i'm staying away from all my pomades or moisturizer with wax.

The reason i think wax might be the culprit is that i stopped using the qhemet amla pomade (first ingredient being a plant wax) on my 2 year old dd, and her breakage completely stopped too. She's been in small twists for 2 weeks, and i washed her hair loose last night, and i retwisted: absolutely no breakage, and barely any shedding. I can't believe i am saying this myself, as i used to side eye people who claim no breakage:lachen:. I changed nothing else in her regimen (wash, dc every 2 weeks, moisturize/seal and small twists; spritz twist everyday with oyin handmade juices and berries and seal; silk pillow case to sleep). I will start introducing the pomades again, and will report back.

ronie

ronie

Wax is a hit and miss for me. Smoothes and seals like no other on the first day, but after that its crunch munch city with continuous use *SIGH :(.

It's funny cause my hair was never crunchy. My hair was actually pretty soft. That's why I couldn't explain the breakage. I will reintroduce it later on cause I do love both qhemet amla nourishing pomade and the original moxie hair bling, but I ain't trying to set my hair back. I got goals to meet.

sexypebbly

Thank you for that info ronie. Ill definitely keep my eye on my hair when I use it. I haven't used a pomade/wax before so ill be payin close attention. I got goals to meet too lol :)

kupenda

Soultanicals should be here today. Silk Dreams printed the ship notice. I see yummy soft hair in my future...

And maybe another order from both lol. That Afrodite Shine spray is CALLING me! must.be.strong.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
My two former staples:lick::
Wave by Design 2-in-1 Dry Finishing Lotion
Wave by Design Dry Finishing Mist

Castor Oil
100% shea butter (was given this, didn't buy it :drunk:)

Will stock up on more S-Curl in June :lick:

Last edited:

myronnie

Soultanicals:

Knot Sauce

Mango Dip Detangling Slip (I use this as a refresher moisturizer)

Chagrin Valley:

Full size bar of Seabuckthorn and Tea Tree Facial Soap

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Hotcombs.net:
1 x HS6450 Tail Comb
1 x Hercules Sägemann Shark Clips
1 x HS5580 Styler Comb

20% Off w/Coupon Code MYHAIRISWORTHIT

CocoGlow

From the 20% Spring into Summer Sale at HotCombs.net I purchased:

(1) Hercules Sagemann HS703WW Styling Comb

I currently have the Magic Mini Star Rake Comb & Rat Tail Comb ... all are seamless & very sturdy

I wanted the Magic Mini Star Rake CURVE Comb (to use as a pik for my fro) but it was sold out :sad: ... they don't have frequent sales so the next one may not occur until around Black Friday

curlyhersheygirl

Miss Jessie's
2 Jelly soft curls (20% off with Jsc20off )

Hotcombs
1 magic lady star
1 magic super star jumbo rake curve

Soultanicals
1 16oz knot sauce
1 8oz mane thick

Jadi

NaturelleGrow
Honey hair balm
Hair cream
Cham&Burdock and Mango&Coconut conditioner

Hotcombs
HS13620 Detangling Styler Comb
Magic Star Jumbo Rake

Hennahut(earlier this week)
Dark brown and burgundy

May get some things from hairveda and sage later.

PureSilver

I bought

1 pack 11/8'' Mesh rollers
1 bottle CON moisturizing Shampoo
1 Medium Tub Motions CPR
Anti Wrinkle Skin Cream Collagen
2 Bottles Natrol 10000mcg Biotin (it works!)

I wanted to get me 2 extra bttles of WGHO but i will save that purchase for a latter date. Wont admit that i'm a PJ

LaToya28

BelNouvo Coco Castor Nectar and Coco Castor Pudding
Coiffed Cafe Blacka da Berry Body Glaze 12oz for only $5!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Curlmart Free Shipping = FREE
x1 Camille Rose Ajani Pomade (or whatever it's called)
x1 Extra Dark JBCO
x1 MyHoneyChild Honey Hair Mask

gorgeoushair

LaToya28

Jerk fiyah is a cool lme, bdb is a mixed berry scent and Nite Hawk
Mandarin, black pepper, cyprus, ebony wood, leather, amber , and musk-soft masculine