November 2013 Hits & Missess

sexypebbly

I seriously need to use mine.

U should. It's nice and not so hard to do and I'm style challenged lol. I got mine on amazon. Like u I couldn't spend 70 bucks on that. The knock offs look like the real thing to me.

ETA:I also think its a great style for your tranistioning hair :)

Last edited:

CodeRed

Potential miss: Neem oil

I think this is what's making my hair stiffer than I like it. It's not really dry, it's strong, but the conditioners aren't taking as well as they did before I started using this on my scalp. and not a whole lot ends up on my hair either so that must be some strong stuff. I even diluted it with Apricot Kernel oil (which I know works well on my hair), then diluted it more with Grapeseed oil (which also works well on my hair), and it still leaves my hair feeling slightly stiff. When the bottle is gone I don't think I'm going to re-up... what I'll do from now on is 1 oz of neem to 5 oz of another oil. Plus it smells like someone put their dirty butt on my head. Stiff hair that smells like dirty booty. Not cool at all.

Potential hit: Nutress Stop Break Leave In

It actually helped detangle my hair a lot better than I thought it would and it smells nice. It's also a lot cheaper than the current leave in I use, I can get it on the ground and my hair is just as soft. I'll use it a few more times to see how it does on new growth before I'll say it's a keeper.

Last edited:

Beamodel

Serious Continued HIT
HH Pink Grapefruit
It leaves my hair seriously soft. It detangles and moisturizes so well.

Continued HIT
Fenugreek Tea rinse
Sealing length with Sunflower oil

New HIT
Moisturizing my new growth with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
Shea Moisture Purification Hair Mask
As I Am Cleansing Pudding
Nexxus Emergencee
Marie Dean's Baobab Hair Oil
Chas Melecio Banana Detangler
Darcy's Botanicals Eucalyptus & Mint Scalp Butter

cutenss

HIT: Komaza Coconut Hair Lotion. I love that stuff. I love it on freshly washed hair, and on flat ironed hair. It does not leave my fine natural strands greasy at all. No residue on my hands, after touching my hair and it smells :yummy: I just bought the 8 oz. bottle tonight. I could not wait for the BF sales. But I will be buying some then too.

A Continous HIT: WEN (any flavor)

biancaelyse

Mega Hit:

Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner

I picked this up on sale at Sally's. I've used the one for curly hair and like it. This moisture rich formula really really has a lot of slip and detangles well. I had really dirty hair full of sweat and it cowashed my hair clean, leaving only 3-4 hairs in the comb.

I need to get some more bottles of this and I hoe they haven't changed formulas.

Tresemme makes the best co-wash conditioners and you cannot beat the price!!

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
My hair has been acting HAM so I decided to make The Ultimate Moisturizer until I can afford to buy my products from Texas Natural Supply.

I bought 8oz bottle of Allafia Unscented Body Lotion, 4oz tube of Allafia Beautiful Curls Hair Fortyifying Lotion for Waves and Curls at Whole Foods (it was on sale and is lighter for my superfine 4a hair) and 4oz of California Baby Unscented Lotion.

I mixed all of them together with some glycerin ( I leave in a humid city with good dew points even in Winter). I sprayed with AVG and distilled water first, used my concoction then sealed with organic palm oil.

Verdict? Porosity issues are under control (thanks, AVG!) and my hair is moisturized, conditioned and getting complements left and right!

But I can't wait to re-up on my TNS stuff...this will do very well until then!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Mega Hit: Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner I picked this up on sale at Sally's. I've used the one for curly hair and like it. This moisture rich formula really really has a lot of slip and detangles well. I had really dirty hair full of sweat and it cowashed my hair clean, leaving only 3-4 hairs in the comb. I need to get some more bottles of this and I hoe they haven't changed formulas. Tresemme makes the best co-wash conditioners and you cannot beat the price!!

biancaelyse, do you like it better than nourishing moisture?

Healthb4Length

Hit---Keracare edge taming gel-keeps my edges smooth and in place. Hicks is still the best though, but its hard to come by lately:nono:

Hit---Protective styles-love my updos, buns etc esp when dealing with humidity.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits:
Natural Almond and Avocado Detangling Leave-In Conditioner, nice slip and detangles great on dry hair

Kandy Kurls Moisturizing leave in conditioner, moisturizes good on my dry hair, the shea butter absorbs and hasnt left a grayish film, good ingredients.

TeeBee

>hits<
*GIOVANNI 2CHIC conditioners..Keratin & Argan (Ultra Sleek), Avocado & Olive (Ultra Moist)*

image-231941923.jpg

Hands down. THE best conditioners I have used to date. Perfect for cowashing, leaving in, rinse out, deep conditioning, moisturizing my dry hair, AND slicking down edges (with the help of a satin scarf). Plus they come in 24 oz bottles WITH a pump?! It's a wrap. I'd be a fool to use anything else from now on.

KinkyGenius

>hits<
*GIOVANNI 2CHIC conditioners..Keratin & Argan (Ultra Sleek), Avocado & Olive (Ultra Moist)*

View attachment 234263

Hands down. THE best conditioners I have used to date. Perfect for cowashing, leaving in, rinse out, deep conditioning, moisturizing my dry hair, AND slicking down edges (with the help of a satin scarf). Plus they come in 24 oz bottles WITH a pump?! It's a wrap. I'd be a fool to use anything else from now on.

TeeBee
I've never seen these before. Did you get these on the ground or online?

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
>hits<

View attachment 234263

Girl.

Who you tellin'?! I buy the big bottle, too!

I use the Avocado in my DC mix and it is SUPER moisturizing and detangling! I would love to use it in all the ways you use it but the smell won't let me!

DH and I are sensitive to scents so everything I sleep in must be unscented or very little scent. Otherwise, this would be my leave-in, too!

And I'll have to try it for my edges!

TeeBee

Girl.

Who you tellin'?! I buy the big bottle, too!

I use the Avocado in my DC mix and it is SUPER moisturizing and detangling! I would love to use it in all the ways you use it but the smell won't let me!

DH and I are sensitive to scents so everything I sleep in must be unscented or very little scent. Otherwise, this would be my leave-in, too!

And I'll have to try it for my edges!

:lol: I just discovered it came in this size, I was too geeked! You should try the Brazilian Keratin one. See, I'm the type that loves perfumey scents and while I love the Brazilian Keratin, the scent is sooo light (smells like coconut, but it's hard to tell). But that Avocado?? WOO! looooove it. Overall, Both are fantastic!

lamaria211

>hits<

They sell these at my Wal-Mart im gonna buy them this weekend!

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
:lol: I just discovered it came in this size, I was too geeked! You should try the Brazilian Keratin one. See, I'm the type that loves perfumey scents and while I love the Brazilian Keratin, the scent is sooo light (smells like coconut, but it's hard to tell). But that Avocado?? WOO! looooove it. Overall, Both are fantastic!

TeeBee

Do you mix them for your DCs? If so, what are your results?

lamaria211

Hit- Kerastase Masque Force Architecte reconstructor
Hit-Silk elements naturals deep nourishing condish
Hit- Dcing with EVOCO
Revisited Hits:
Wen 613
Cantu shea butter