Oct 23, 24 and 25....What are your hair plans?

SherylsTresses

I must really be getting old b/c time seems to pass sooooo quickly!!! :ohwell:

I will be 12 weeks post and I'm transitioning natural. So this weekend I will be:

Protein Regimen:
  • Moisturizing/dandruff prepoo overnight scalp only, rinse well
  • Garlic conditioner for 15 minutes, then rinse with V05 strawberries and cream to rid of smell--shout out to FE6968 for garlic conditioner recipe--substitute for Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner
  • Apply Joico K-Pak protein conditioner to towel dried hair for about 15 minutes, rinse well
  • DC with heat for 45 mins using Mizani Moisturefuse and oils & honey
  • Let it cool, add more conditioner and detangle in shower
  • Use Roux Porosity Control as a final rinse--shout out to IDareT'sHair for such an informative thread
  • Spray with Chi Keratin Mist, apply KeraCare leave-in, and spray with distilled water as needed
  • Scarf method and airdry
  • Wear hair in an open, curly ponytail
  • Moisturize as needed with Nexxus Humectin, NTM silk touch or Moisture Milks seal w/ EVOO or EVCO spray bottles
  • Baggy if ends get out of control

OR

I might go to the salon for a shampoo, DC, flat iron and my ends trimmed. It's been 3 mos.

What are your hair plans?

Last edited:

ladytee2

I had planned to attempt rollersetting Friday after work. My kids are going to a sleep over. My mom calls saying lets hang out. Im like yeah ok. I love her and all but a friday night no kids no hubby. I was gone chill some me time. I hope I will get my hair done Saturday but who knows about the rollerset. My kids will be home and Im working with a busted dryer.

SherylsTresses

I had planned to attempt rollersetting Friday after work. My kids are going to a sleep over. My mom calls saying lets hang out. Im like yeah ok. I love her and all but a friday night no kids no hubby. I was gone chill some me time. I hope I will get my hair done Saturday but who knows about the rollerset. My kids will be home and Im working with a busted dryer.

Hi Ladytee2. :hiya: I do understand the chilling with me time. I just wish I had a mother to hang out with. :rolleyes:

Pompous Blue

HENNA Treatment on Sunday
Wash hair and air dry on Saturday night.
(thaw out henna mixture Saturday night)

Sunday apply coconut oil to hair and scalp
Add 2 tsp indigo to Henna mixture.
Apply henna and let sit for 2 to 3 hours under conditioning cap.
Rinse and co-wash with Ojon ultra hydrating conditioner
Wash hair with shescentit.com’s Jojoba Hemp Conditioning Shampoo
Rinse and apply stirnillah conditioner. 30 minutes with heat; 1.5 hrs without heat (with cap on).
Final rinse with Hairveda’s ph balancing rinse (herbal ACV rinse). Just got this; am anxious to try it and see if I can duplicate it to make my own (since it has such a short shelf life).
Rinse and apply Shescentit.com’s Coco Creme Leave-In Conditioner (Love, love, love this and Afroveda’s Coconut Moisture Milk Hair Conditioner. I am relaxed bone strait and these leave-ins are so moisturizing and light. They do not weigh your hair down and work well with roller sets.)
Apply hair-setting lotion (lotta-body) and rollerset and air dry.

dlewis

I'm relaxing, cutting and deep conditioning my hair. I might flat iron it and wear it down next week.

lilsparkle825

Doing a protein treatment and a serious moisturizing DC...it's been too long since I sat under my own dryer (I had two back-to-back DBs so it's been straight for a month). I might saunter over to JCPenney and see what they have left from the sale...I'm dying to try some Joico K-Pak stuff. Oh, and I have to pick up another bottle of Roux PC since I can't find the little one I had. I'll be wearing my hair curly until my hair for my sew-in comes in the mail, so I will probably start out with a flexi-rod set.

LongTimeComing

I will be washing and rollersetting on Sunday. I need to do some protein too. I just dusted my ends last night so hopefully now they will not frizz so much.

Toy

On Saturday I will be Conditioning wash/Deep conditioning with Ors Replenshing conditioner/Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner Under a heat cap for about 45mins

Moisturizing with,S-curl,Proline Softner Moisturizer,Kbb Creamy Cocoa Mango Butter

Seal with Jojoba oil

Airdry

beans4reezy

Busy weekend - 2 birthday parties and a bake sale
Hopefully, I will be able to:

cowash with WEN fig
DC with Mane and Tail w/Rosemary EO added
Rebraid cornrows
moisturize with Oyin's Juices and Berries and Seal with Black Castor oil

WaistLengthDreams

12 weeks post, so I'll be doing a protein treatment using Aphogee 2 step followed by their moisturizing Conditioner. NTM Silk Touch is my leave-in and Nexxus Heat Protexx for heat protection. Then I'll be rollersetting my hair.

DarkHair

I have an interview Friday morning so I plan to wear a half-wig
Friday night I have a meetup to attend, so I'll flat iron my roots
Saturday morning I have a family breakfast to attend so hopefully my roots hold up
Saturday night I'm attending a concert and I plan to do a twistout with beeswax.

Lovie

Perform light dusting trim where needed.
Steam treatment on dry hair for 30-60 min w/ AO Rosa Mosquetta.
Wait 15 min while hair cuticles close - give face a mud mask treatment.
Shower. Rinse & Co-wash with Trader Joe's Nourish, finishing condition rinse w/ AO HSR.
Wet bun w/ Aloe Vera gel.
Keep it moving.
Repeat.

BizzyWife

I'm 4 1/2 months post and thinking seriously about getting a touch-up in the next 2 weeks. I have a bun on right know and I'm going to get my half wig tonight because by afternoon my little naps start poppin out.

msa

I'm planning to lighten a piece of my hair with honey & cinnamon (so that it will be easier to track my growth)...afterwards I'll cowash...then braid my hair as usual.

Allandra

Saturday, October 24 - I'll be at my 2 year transitioning anniversary.

:yay:

:woot:

I'm going to shampoo and deep condition my hair. After that, I'm going to snip off the remaining relaxed ends. I've had my hair straight for almost 2 weeks now, so I'll probably wear it in a curly ponytail.

foxee

Cowash with Aussie Moist
Air dry
Moisturize with coconut oil
Cornrow hair
Wear my favorite half wig

polished07

Goin on my 3rd week w/ my sewing, gonna cowash/dc weave and leave out, moisturise, seal and rollerset friday nite got a bday party sat. hopefully it lasts for a lil minute, Im trying to keep this in till Thanksgiving well see!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I am going to Austin to visit my sister and all of the UT Longhorn madness that her and her friends come with :spinning:

I will have my wig all weekend. I still plan on baggying at night and moisturizing in the morning.

Keeping it pretty simple.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I just got my heating cap that was recommended by Terri :yep:(thanks girl), so tomorrow night I’ll be deep conditioning with heat for the first time with Alter Ego w/ garlic. Since my hair is in braids, I’ll just keep moisturizing and sealing until the end of November. So Saturday and Sunday, I’m doing absolutely nothing.

Lovie

I just got my heating cap that was recommended by Terri :yep:(thanks girl), so tomorrow night I’ll be deep conditioning with heat for the first time with Alter Ego w/ garlic. Since my hair is in braids, I’ll just keep moisturizing and sealing until the end of November. So Saturday and Sunday, I’m doing absolutely nothing.

Alter Ego w/ Garlic, that's a yummy conditioner. I hope the product works out well for you.

deusa80

I think I'm gonna do the aphogee 2 step(if I have any left, if not I'm gonna use silicon mix)... All of a suddern I'm experiencing some crazy shedding and breakage:perplexed
After that I'm gonna DC..not sure with what yet, but I finally got some coconut oil, so I think I'm going to add that in.

Diva_Esq

I'm going to shampoo and deep condition my hair. After that, I'm going to snip off the remaining relaxed ends. I've had my hair straight for almost 2 weeks now, so I'll probably wear it in a curly ponytail.

Congrats & Happy Transition Anniversary! :yep:

My plans:
Friday- prepoo overnight with YTC on dry hair Friday night after we go see Lisa Lampanelli live! :yay:

Saturday morning- Wash, light protein tx with Affirm 5 in 1 but not with heat, deep con under dryer with heat for 30 mins with TYC Mud Mask Deep Con (CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THIS PRODUCT! :yay:), dry & flat iron or attempt my first roller set (undecided), wrap & sleep with silk scarf and maintain for a few days if flat ironed, pin curl & satin bonnet if roller set

Sunday- My son has an outdoor football game, so praying it won't rain so my flatty or roller set doesn't get ruined

Have a great weekend, all! :)

Last edited:

chebaby

today, tomorrow and saturday i will be wearing a wash and go. i will try to get second day hair but we will see.
saturday night i will put my hair in individual twists using jane carters twist and lock. i will first pre poo with vatika frosting, detangle with yest to carrots conditioner and then a protein treat not sure with what. if i decide to clean my hair it will be with wen.

Lovie

:yay: :woot::yay: :woot::yay: :woot::yay: :woot::yay: :woot::yay: :woot:

CONGRATS AGAIN!
This is worthy of a banana dance. :yep:

:yay: :woot::yay: :woot::yay: :woot::yay: :woot::yay: :woot::yay: :woot:

djkforeal

Well, I plan on giving my hair a well needed wash and Aphogee 2 min reconstructer. Then I will attempt to cornrow my own hair and try to put on my synthetic front lace wig that I just received in the mail today:covereyes
I am at work so I have not actually seen the products, but I know they are there cause I tracked the packages.:grin: