~~~Relaxed Bunning Thread~~~

SuchaLady

What do you all do to make your buns look interesting from the front? I love the way my buns look from the back, but whenever I see a picture of myself wearing a bun, I look so plain. I could do a super high bun, but that doesn't seem right for work.

I just talked about this in random thoughts. Low buns aren't my best style :look:

MzOptimistic

Yall, inspired me to dry bun and I'm loving it. Seeing all these lovely relaxed heads; I said just do it :yep: I was scared at first because I've always baggied my ends but I've mastered how to keep my ends/hair moisturized and I swear I'm loving this bunning. Not to mention, I look more professional at work with a dry bun versus the baggied pony tail I was rocking. The Bun in my Siggy is done with a banana clip. Thanks for giving me that reassurance that I needed to just do it. Buns Rock:yep:!!!!

Last edited:

4mia

Yall, inspired me to dry bun and I'm loving it. Seeing all these lovely relaxed heads; I said just do it :yep: I was scared at first because I've always baggied my ends but I've mastered how to keep my ends/hair moisturized and I swear I'm loving this bunning. Not to mention, I look more professional at work with a dry bun versus the baggied pony tail I was rocking. The Bun in my Siggy is done with a banana clip. Thanks for giving me that reassurance that I needed to just do it. Buns Rock:yep:!!!!

What is your ends moist secret?

GettingKinky

I haven't worn a flat ironed bun in a long time. It's very sleek but not nearly as full and juicy as my air dried buns.

Attachments

• image-1641523567.jpg
    image-1641523567.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 59

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Lovely just lovely. I'm gonna need some step by step photos mam, you don't come into threads like this posting all this fabulousness and not share the deets.

divachyk, you are being summoned.

Hi PureSilver, I told dh I need to keep the camera on at all times when I style my hair because I seriously can't do styles the same way twice. I get close, but never the same. Most days I twirl my hair in a lose bun and rather than securing it with good days hair pins, I add hair forks. The hair forks distort and stretch the bun to a point where it resembles an updo rather than a bun. I'll be sure to film it this weekend. Now watch me can't get it right for nothing when the camera is rolling!

gemruby41

My usual bun.

sunnieb

Borrowed this bun idea from lulu97. I love how easy this was. I'll keep working with it.

Attachments

• 2013-12-23 18.49.34.jpg
    2013-12-23 18.49.34.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 62

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Rozlewis

All of my buns are normally done by creating a high ponytail, separating the hair into 3 sections (one standing straight up and the other 2 sections to the left and right sides), fold the 2 side sections towards the back and pin together, then fold the last section that was standing straight up down and over the side pieces and bobby pin. Hope no one is cross eyed from confusion!

Last edited: