Relaxed Hair Thread

Evolving78

My hair was so itchy at one point, I took pictures to see if I had bumps or a patch of hair missing.

There wasn't anything wrong :lachen:

It's just ready to be relaxed. I can't believe how much new growth I have. I'm holding my hair down to see, that's why it looks weird lol
What shampoo are you using?

Evolving78

l will start using glycerin based sprays on my roots (crown), edges, and nape.
It's spring time, so there is a lot of humidity around. Once the summer kicks in around here, that's it until fall.

Last edited:

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
I'm back....
I've rejoined the relax side as of Friday.

After being natural for 2.5 years, relaxed hair is more suitable for my lifestyle.

I'm relaxed now as well. I actually did it Friday afternoon as well.

Although I enjoyed being natural and LOVED LOVED my curls! WNGs everyday left my hair in tangles. Various stretching methods were good. But Lord help me if I didn't detangled my hair at least every 3 days.

But overall all, my second time, being natural was great.

Being relaxed is more style, for right now, I can wake up shake the rollers from my hair and GO!!

VimiJn

Let the truth set you free!
I'm back....
I've rejoined the relax side as of Friday.

After being natural for 2.5 years, relaxed hair is more suitable for my lifestyle.
I'm relaxed now as well. I actually did it Friday afternoon as well.

Although I enjoyed being natural and LOVED LOVED my curls! WNGs everyday left my hair in tangles. Various stretching methods were good. But Lord help me if I didn't detangled my hair at least every 3 days.

But overall all, my second time, being natural was great.

Being relaxed is more style, for right now, I can wake up shake the rollers from my hair and GO!!
Welcome! Did you ladies self relax?
Feel free to share pics if you'd like :)

Guinan

Re-Branding
Question Ladies.

I really want to relax my hair this month, but I have color on my natural hair. I last colored my hair two months ago; color red. I also cut the majority of the blonde highlights. Do you think it will be ok to relax my hair? I planned on using Linage Texturizer. My hair dresser suggested I wait a yr to relax, but if I couldn't, she suggested that I get a keratin treatment. The keratin treatment is 300, so that's out of the question. I figured if my hair can sustain a keratin treatment then it can sustain a relaxer.

Also, I have never down a self-relaxer on virgin hair. But I have done self-relaxers. Should I go to the salon or do it myself?

@shortdub78 , did you relax on colored natural hair? I thought I remember reading that you did; if so, any damage?

Evolving78

Question Ladies.

I really want to relax my hair this month, but I have color on my natural hair. I last colored my hair two months ago; color red. I also cut the majority of the blonde highlights. Do you think it will be ok to relax my hair? I planned on using Linage Texturizer. My hair dresser suggested I wait a yr to relax, but if I couldn't, she suggested that I get a keratin treatment. The keratin treatment is 300, so that's out of the question. I figured if my hair can sustain a keratin treatment then it can sustain a relaxer.

Also, I have never down a self-relaxer on virgin hair. But I have done self-relaxers. Should I go to the salon or do it myself?

@shortdub78 , did you relax on colored natural hair? I thought I remember reading that you did; if so, any damage?
Yes I did relax on colored natural hair. I had no ill effects from it. My hair was bleached as well. A keratin treatment is expensive and you have to wait for that to grow out too. I used No lye to do a virgin relaxer. I knew it would get my hair straighter than using a lye relaxer. The thing with a virgin is you have to start on the mid shaft of your hair strands, your ends, then your roots. Your roots will process faster. You can smooth the entire strand to get the results you want. You don't want a lot of product build up on your hair too. And base the heck out of your scalp.

Personally, I have no problem doing anything on my own when it comes to my hair, unless I'm getting a hair cut. In the last 10 years, I have been to a stylist 7 times. I have been to the barber several times.

Get you some French Perm Stablizer plus

Guinan

Re-Branding
I went back to my old posts on my former relaxer routine. I plan on purchasing my relaxer tomorrow. I will be using Linage texturizer; lye. I also need to stop by sally's to get aphogee 2min conditioner. I'm also going to buy the linage neutralizing conditioner and the mizani neutralizing shampoo.

The game plan:
I am going to wash, DC and blow dry my hair today. Tomorrow I will flat iron. I did a protein treatment two weeks ago. I will relax the following week.

Relaxer routine:
-Relax
-thoroughly rinse
-Aphogee 2min conditioner
-Linage neutralizing conditioner
-Mizani neutralizing shampoo

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!! I will post pics in the reveal when I am done.