Relaxed Hair Thread

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by sweetpeadst, Jan 31, 2011.

1. LushLox

LushLox Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Does anyone still wrap their hair?

This Aveda video amused me I have to say. So YT folks are wrapping their hair now? I say "now," the video is quite old admittedly.

Probably the most convoluted wrap process I have ever seen. :lol:

2. MzSwift

MzSwift Texlaxed, Fine

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    @LushLox
    Lol! I watched this video the other day where the lady wrapped her hair after relaxing and there were so many white ladies in the comment section giving her props on her wrapping skills and how they need to practice. I know with sites like LHC, many are trying healthier no heat options to style their hair. But I never thought I’d see them jump into wrapping. Lol

Wenbev and LushLox like this.
  3. Royalq

Royalq Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    So I touched up yesterday at 15 weeks. Under processed my left side again! I think cause I'm right handed i just cant do the left side as well as I do my right side. Oh well. Did Ion Burgundy brown rinse which came out nice, gave me a nice black cherry color. So I blow dried and flat iron and my hair looks so much thicker! I used to hate straightening my hair cause it looks so fine. IDK if it the black rinse or what but my hair looks fuller. I was almost waist length but I went to hair cuttery and got a trim.
    The ladies at hair cuttery were so in love with my hair lol. They were fasinated and kept asking if i get it professionally done. Im like nope, all home grown. They were also surprised I relax correctly and dont pull it all the way through my hair. They kept running their fingers through it and playing with it. My hair does look nice and flowy. The lady trimmed it nicely and gave me advise about heat protectants.

I plan to add some clip ins to my hair to make it look thicker though..

4. MzSwift

MzSwift Texlaxed, Fine

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Yay! Congratulations! And that color sounds nice. Flowy thickness sounds like #hairgoals to meee!

Now, where are da pitchas! :dork:

GGsKin, Wenbev, Royalq and 1 other person like this.
  5. Royalq

Royalq Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    i wish i knew how to post pics here. Its such a process. Was so much easier with photobucket:cry3:

MzSwift likes this.
  6. SpiceUpMyHair

SpiceUpMyHair Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I tried it before. Currently my end have Japanese Straight Perm. My roots have lye perm. I transitioned out of the JSP bc I didn’t notice a difference between regular relaxers and JSP. I did retain length but my hair is fine, I didn’t have much thickness.Doing the JSP on your own is such a learning curve and I was paying way too much money and not getting the results I want. Please note I only used the JSP I didn’t do the second part of straightening part bc I didn’t want my hair pin straight.I was watching YouTubes and girls with similar hair was retaining length and thickness and spending wayyyyy less money. I wanted to take control of my hair so I switched and my hair is nice and thicker and I am retaining length.

GGsKin, MzSwift and abioni like this.
  7. abioni

abioni Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the feedback. My main reason for wanting to try it is so I can color my hair without breakage but from my research it doesn't do well with coloring either.

Wenbev and SpiceUpMyHair like this.
  8. SpiceUpMyHair

SpiceUpMyHair Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    No it doesn’t. JSP is very drying on the hair, more so than lye relaxers

9. Wenbev

Wenbev Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I Still wrap my hair for straight looks

LushLox and MzSwift like this.
  10. Wenbev

Wenbev Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I color and highlight my hair with a relaxer. I wait at least three weeks after relaxing before getting color.
    And I do not diy color, did that meself in the past and that’s when I had breakage. My colorist makes sure she uses a gentler product than she would for her single process clients.
    You will have dryness initially, but that can be corrected with product and using heat properly.

GraceandJoy and MzSwift like this.
  11. sunnieb

sunnieb Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    @LushLox I haven't wrapped my hair since the 90s! :lol:

I don't know why I stopped. Wrapping was the perfect way to sleep to keep my ends smooth.

And no, it wasn't that much of a process to do.

12. Chrismiss

Chrismiss Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    You guys don't wrap your hair at night? Am I stuck in the 90's?? Lol

Wenbev and MzSwift like this.
  13. MzSwift

MzSwift Texlaxed, Fine

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    It’s getting baaad, y’all. Lazy hair is back. Lol.
    So a week after I relaxed I put in my mini braid twists. I’m even too lazy to braid all the way to the ends, I just twist. Lol. And even that is too much to keep up with so I installed Lazy Girl crochets using my mini braids as a base! I may regret this when I take it down but gosh it feels good to not worry about my hair suffering from being ignored. It’s just too much going on.

BTW, I looove the Lazy Girl Method. Started at 11, finished at 12:30. And that’s with me being a novice and stopping to take pictures. I’m probably gonna be in crochets all year with some rests in between.

I don’t like the style yet but I plan to keep working at the curls until I do. I think it’ll look better once I separate the curls.

ETA:

I’ve separated the curls a little. It’s still just okay looking but at least my hair is protected.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019 at 10:14 PM
    GGsKin, LushLox, GraceandJoy and 2 others like this.
  14. michelle81

michelle81 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I haven't in probably a decade. I think I stopped because I read somewhere on here years ago about it causing too much tension or something. I got out of the habit and now I'm just too lazy to do it. I protective style in a bun usually these days so the wrapping isn't as beneficial to me anymore.

15. LushLox

LushLox Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    I stopped because of the possible weakening of the hairline at the temples. Yes you can change the direction and I did, but it's a lot of combing and manipulation which was more of an issue for me.

MzSwift, GGsKin, Wenbev and 1 other person like this.