Relaxed Hair Thread

MzSwift

I've gone back to using MT on my scalp. I had two bottles sitting under the cabinet. I remember it, along with using ayurveda powders, had my hair appearing thicker. Now that I'm using it, I need to think about what type of protein tx I'm going to use before and after texlaxing. I think I'll stick with Joico K-pak after neutralizing and see what happens.

Evolving78

Sugar, honey, baaaby :laugh:
I don't mean to, but life gets out of hand sometimes :lachen: These roots are getting out of control though, so I'm gonna do my best to relax Saturday or get some type of protective style in. It's cold nah.
I understand! I look a hot mess! I gotta wash my hair and my daughter’s hair.. I have been giving myself an oil treatment two days in a row.. I was suppose to wash this stuff out Tuesday! Lol I need to create a thread called, You Look Like Hell, Get It Together thread! lol

Royalq

http://[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/ie475l.jpg[/IMG]
Pic or it didn’t happen! Lol
So you got dem pics? :)

My bad yall for taking so long.

I have a short video too but my ipad wont let me be great

Evolving78

I’m gonna flat iron my hair tonight. I wanna access my hair.

Update
I flat ironed and did a search&destroy and dusted my ends. My hair looks pretty good and on track. With my serial trimming sessions, my hemline isn’t longer, but it’s fuller and I can see growth. I’m going back in my bun and will straighten my hair my next relaxer whenever that is.

Last edited:

MzSwift

So glad I went back to relaxers. I don't regret going natural, I learn sooo much info. But now my hair is thriving. Easy wash days, easy detangling, with the right combo of protein and moisture my hair stays supple for days. My relaxed hair is so much less picky than my natural hair.
Anyhoodle, I flatiron my hair for the first time in about 7 years. People were in awe. I never really considered my hair long because in its natural state and air dried state it doesn't seem like much. But I blow dried and flat ironed with Biosilk and my hair came a little past bra strap length. I was so long and flowy . Biosilk is a keeper, I've never had my hair so pin straight with such airy body. Everywhere I went people were staring at me. It wasn't just the length but the health of it too. But thanks to my horror natural hair salon experience back in April I'm still suffering from a load of split ends that won't let me be great. Stupid me didn't take any pics though but my friend took a picture. I'll see if she can send it to me.

I think your hair is not just past BSL, that looks like MBL to me, sis! :gorgeous:

MzSwift

Gurl dont get me excited lol! Im like a inch past the bottom of my bra which is really close to the crook of my waist. My torso is super short so its kind of the same. But im waiting for full undeniable MBL or Waist length.

That's exactly why I use BSB as a marker instead of BSL. We all wear our bras in different locations on our backs and even on the same person, each bra will fall somewhere different. But your shoulder blades stay where they are. Lol. Your hair appears to be at the halfway point on your back to me, and that's MBL. Definitely not far from WL!! :)

LushLox

http://[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/ie475l.jpg[/IMG]

My bad yall for taking so long.

I have a short video too but my ipad wont let me be great

Absolutely beautiful! :love:

That's exactly why I use BSB as a marker instead of BSL. We all wear our bras in different locations on our backs and even on the same person, each bra will fall somewhere different. But your shoulder blades stay where they are. Lol. Your hair appears to be at the halfway point on your back to me, and that's MBL. Definitely not far from WL!! :)

Agreed, claim it girl! :yep:

Evolving78

I use BSB too. I would be MBL if I go by my bra.

Royalq

How goes it chicas. I was going to touch up this weekend but I don't feel like it. I have to be super motivated and focused otherwise there's no point. :ohwell:
Im itching to touch up too. For some reason my edges are always the first to nap up on me followed by my nape. I think i have a little under an inch of new growth. Im trying to get to my December break before i touch up.

Washed my hair today and DCed. I didnt flat iron again. It seems i was only able to keep my flat ironed hair fresh for about a week before the moisturizing got the best of it. But it wasnt really worth it because due to my school requiring that I bun my hair and im in school 5 days out the week for morning to late afternoon I could really let my hair down like it wanted to. So next time I flat iron will be in December for an event. I might only flat iron for events. But the extra manageability was really nice though.