SHOULDER LENGTH 2011 CHALLENGE!

I'm allllmost at SL.. I'm going to give it till the end of June to see true progress. I've been wearing it in a sew in and taking hte hair vitamins as well as sticking to my regimine with the amended style.. PTC.

This is getting exciting. As each month goes by, more and more people are in queue to reach SL. Any one planning a length check for the end of May?

Thank you! Fyne

Does anyone keep a hair journal? I got a cool app on my phone "Secret Diary" where I save all my progress pics, keep record of my ever changing/evolving regi, note when I try something new and the results, etc. I like that it's pw protected (my korean coworker likes to go thru my phone-- that's another story-- and I'd prob look crazy with all the photos of my hair lol).. and it's always handy!

Always nice to look back when I'm feeling like I'm not making *enough* progress for all the work I put into it...

Just thought I'd share...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

This is getting exciting. As each month goes by, more and more people are in queue to reach SL. Any one planning a length check for the end of May?

No length check for me until MAYBE July. I'll be hiding all of June under a sew in that I'm getting installed on Tuesday. I can't wait!!

Thank you! @Fyne

Does anyone keep a hair journal? I got a cool app on my phone "Secret Diary" where I save all my progress pics, keep record of my ever changing/evolving regi, note when I try something new and the results, etc. I like that it's pw protected (my korean coworker likes to go thru my phone-- that's another story-- and I'd prob look crazy with all the photos of my hair lol).. and it's always handy!

Always nice to look back when I'm feeling like I'm not making *enough* progress for all the work I put into it...

Last year I had one but I don't keep it up on a regular. I am taking more pictures now that I have figured out how to use my phone. I am using the lhcf blog for tracking my progess and thoughts now. It's the closest thing I have to a journal at the moment.

No length check for me until MAYBE July. I'll be hiding all of June under a sew in that I'm getting installed on Tuesday. I can't wait!!

After I use a few more of these products up I need to tuck my hair away too. I haven't had a sew in since 1998 :lol: Maybe I will work my way up to it.

It's been while since I made an apppearance in here. I'm soo excited, my hair date is coming soon. Last year I cut my hair to less than an inch on May 29th and I think I've made significant growh (or at least for me). I wish I could show pictures cause I think I'm super close to shoulder length but I'm also in hide your hair challenge. So, I won't be able to show you ladies my results until then. Until then good luck to everyone else closing in on there date.

I'm checking Memorial Day weekend! I'm planning on taking my twists out a couple days early, dying my hair burgundy with some henna, and doing a blow out :grin:

Getting longer!

ad87e183-ef01-dbed.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Thank you! @Fyne

ZeeontheGrow I do the same thing. My journal is a combo of pics on my cell and camera that I save to my laptop. Then I have a Word document that I started entitled "Healthy Hair Journey." I document my regimens, changes in regimen, products I've added, recipes for hair oil, ect and additional research and links to all things hair that I find beneficial, including when I find someone with a similar texture to mine or one that is on my same schedule of last relaxer, BC, etc.
It's very, very helpful for me to have all this documented. I'm so glad I learned on the hair boards in the beginning to DOCUMENT!

I wanna protective style for the summer but I never make it past a month..=/

There isn't anything wrong with a month. I think a month is good. Some people can keep protective styles in for longer and some people need to do a little break in between. So if you can do a month do so. Take it out for a bit and then do it again. I think you will be happy with those results as well.

^^^I agree. I usually keep my sew-ins in for 4-6 weeks. I used to keep them in for 3 months at a time, but I end up missing my hair too much these days to leave them in for that long.

No this weekend was full of work, work and more work. Didn't get a chance to even wash my hair until today. Getting the sew in done Tuesday for my trip to FL this weekend. I prepped it today by babying the crap out of it lol.

Hey ladies! I haven't forgotten about ya'll. Got a lot going on, I just moved and started a new job. I am still going to be calling out folks for May. And looking forward to seeing more graduates!

Joining in. New to LHCF. Giving transitioning a second try. So far, so good. :)

What is your current length?
neck length.

What is your goal date to make SL? December 2011

Relaxed/natural/texlaxed/transitioning?
transitioning.

How do you plan on getting to SL? (ie. Protective styling, no heat, stretching relaxers, growth aids, etc)
A lot of protective styling. Wearing Micros til the end of summer. Been using less heat and also did a few sew-ins up to this point. I also take a multivitamin daily. When not in braids I co-wash every 2 days. DC bi-weekly.

Whats your long term length goal?
APL

No this weekend was full of work, work and more work. Didn't get a chance to even wash my hair until today. Getting the sew in done Tuesday for my trip to FL this weekend. I prepped it today by babying the crap out of it lol.

NikkiQ
I'm in this Florida HEAT! I don't know if I'd be able to handle a sew in. It is super hot and humid, and I'm not even in South Florida! Ooh, just sweltering -- 98 degrees today!

I live in Louisiana. I can handle the heat anywhere lol :lol:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Last edited:
i bought such cute headbands at the icing yesterday! I would have bought more but...on a budget! I love them though..all of them are wrap arounds because my other ones hurt the back of my head so bad.

i bought such cute headbands at the icing yesterday! I would have bought more but...on a budget! I love them though..all of them are wrap arounds because my other ones hurt the back of my head so bad.

I'll have to check icing out... Need some new headbands for when I'm rockin braidouts

me too!! hopefully, I will be able to get to icing's this weekend. I plan on purchasing 2 half wigs and a drawstring ponytail for summer wear.

Originally Posted by gottabme247
By Ebsalita:What's your next goal?

Thank you!! I'm sorry, I haven't been on LCHF in a few weeks,
My next goal is APL..5 more inches. I'm going to give myself an eta of Jan'12. During the summer I'm going to co wash weekly. I'm 5 wks post and won't get next t-up till the end of July or aug.

@gottabme247 Five more inches? How tall are you?

I'm only 5'3:yep:

been bunning for a week =) lol. I'm getting my hair washed tomorrow b/c im going to orlando for the wknd. I will wear my hair down fri..and back to bunning on sat. Hopefully this will let me reach SL by end of june or july. I'm so so close now! Probably an in. to an in and half.

Hey ladies,

Checking in...

Protective styling 7 days a week.. Hopefully make shoulder length by end of summer.. We shall see ........

Hey ladies,

Checking in...

Protective styling 7 days a week.. Hopefully make shoulder length by end of summer.. We shall see ........

We are cheering for all of you targeting the end of the summer. You can do it -- grow grow -- grow :yep:

Hi Ladies!!! It's been a while so I'm checking in! I have been cowashing every other day and keeping it stretched at night in braids.. I probably won't straighten until the end of June and there had better be some hair on my shoulders! lol

when I look at the pics of my current length(attached) I'm not sure that I'm going to make it, I am still working on trying to move past the fact that if my nape hadn't fallen out I would be there (I know you all are tired of hearing say the same thing over and over again!! ) I went to the doctor and I'm as healthy as an imperfect person can be! lol no deficiencies ... i know it's kind of crazy but that news was bitter sweet because it still leaves me with the question of why my nape falls out from time to time.. My next stop is the dermatologist. I'll keep you ladies posted in case there's someone out there suffering like me.

Is it just me or does my head look a little "chunky" from the back!!:lachen:

Attachments

• IMG_1373.jpg
    IMG_1373.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1374.jpg
    IMG_1374.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1375.jpg
    IMG_1375.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: