2011 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

lisajames96

Made it through session 1. On to session 2! I will do better on my moisturizing and putting my hair up at night. If I do a compare pic I will load it in my siggy.

lsc2956

Update!
Where I started and after 2nd weave take down at the end of March. Progress!!:grin:

Attachments

• startpic.jpg
    startpic.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG0254.jpg
    IMAG0254.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 22

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Doing good, I have some henna on my head as I type and sitting under my conditioning cap letting it marinate. After taking this out I will be doing a DCand putting in my curlformers. I may come back with a picture later.....

aa9746

I'm in the process of detangling. I'm tempted to use direct heat but so far I'm still resisting the urge.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I am DCing at the moment after I wash out, I am going to try doing a ponytail roller set using about 5 ponytails and 2 rollers on each. I hope it works out well.....

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
^^^I didnt like the way it came out, I will try again and try to perfect over the summer so I can wear more rollersets nxt semester.
It wasnt bad it was just not as cute as I see the eladies do it on YT. Maybe I should have did a wrap afterwards.....:look:

winona

Still no broken rules since my 2-3inch cut in the back. I have been banana clip bunning bc I am extra lazy and can't seem to shake it

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
DCing at the moment with Giovanni SAS and 50:50 with a tbs of Safflower Oil.....will sit under the heating cap for like 45mins and cool off for 15 mins

P.S. I swear it be like ghost town in here, where is evryone?

MsEveMarie

Still hanging in there, not sure about my progress tho. I seem to be getting an inch a month of growth but I'm not sure about retention :( I really should have been taking pictures smh just been so busy... Guess I'll start today may 1 lol 4 months late but better late than never...I actually forgot about the rule and was going to update in June when I straighten and dust oh well. I'm a little discouraged but not down!

ZkittyKurls

So far so good. Ive been having my hair in twists the majority of the time. Right now im contemplating a weave install for the next two months, but i dunno yet. i will post if i do decide to get it or not. :)

gvin89

Well, I'm still hanging. Just took out a set of box braids...I will take a short 2 week break and get another set installed.

Pass used...I decided to BC today (5/3)! I have a low manipulation style though - roller set.

Last edited:

ZkittyKurls

Updates! Here are some pics of my hair now, its a frizzy twistout, pretty much.

Also, I will be doing a sew-in this week, hopefully by wed. I will post pics of it if it happens lol.

Attachments

• 2011-05-08 14.35.53.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 2011-05-08 14.36.23.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 2011-05-08 14.38.45.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 4
I need to commit to something for my hair growth, so here goes.

I am going to commit to __2__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _NO SHOPPING FOR TWO WEEKS______________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

1. What is your purpose for joining this challenge?---Length and health
2. What is your current hair length? ----SL/NL
3. Are you Natural or Relaxed?--RELAXED
4. What are your hair goals for 2011?--Achieving length and maintaining hair health (apl,bsl, mbl)<this year I hope!!:yep:
5. What is your hair reggie?--I'm going to wash twice a week, wet ponytail or wet bun or air dry, might be cornrows for a while, wash with Elasta QP SOY OYL and condition with Silk Elements conditioner, will deep condition with UBH deep moisturizer or NTM deep conditioner. Leave in-Creme of Nature Leave in cream. Growth aid, OCT, or mega tek with a mixture of camellia oil and vitamin E. Vitamins Hairfinity(soon), Hair, Skin and Nails vits, Vitamin D, MSM, Biotin. No heat or flat iron or hair dye(no hair dye period) Relaxed, trying to find a new relaxer, my hair doesn't process like it is supposed to.:grin:

I will start July 1st until Dec 31st, my goal is go basically stick to the bootcamp challenge and grow my hair out. pray for me. The pic below is my starting point.

Attachments

• so pretty.jpg
    so pretty.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

ZkittyKurls

so i decided to do my install, and the pics are in my photo album... i used kinky straight weave from hairesthetics!! I plan on keeping this in for at least 7-8 weeks. :)

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
DCing my hair with a mixture of some leftover DC that I had in the frig, Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner, Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Conditioner, ION Reconstructor Treatment, and a squirt of EVOO and Safflower Oil.

aa9746

This will be my last bootcamp....no one is ever here LOL.

Don't leave! I'm still here I basically don't have anything new to add. Still braided up under my wigs and no rules broken. I keep my hair braided up for a long time. I'll have a lot of detangling to do but I'm not too worried since I've done this before. Hoping for a lot of retention by Dec. This is my 3rd bootcamp and it works so I'm here though I don't post daily. hhj hhg

aa9746

11 more school days till summer vacation! Can't wait to to wear my own hair out. Will probably do twists for ps.

silenttullip

Session Three & Four for me
I am going to commit to __2__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no additions to my fitness equip. I don't want any breakage my goal is to retain every inch.

1. What is your purpose for joining this challenge? To gain discipline while acquiring length and retention.
2. What is your current hair length? touching apl in the back
3. Are you Natural or Relaxed? natural
4. What are your hair goals for 2011? ( full apl) I hope to minimize ssks and breakage and dust frequently as I should, and keep my scalp clean and free of build up
5. REGGIE
hot oil treatment evoo or wheat germ or dc 1x wk
low poo or poo bar
ACV Rinse
My rendition of Chicoro's Leave In Mix 3x wk
(lavender water, evoo 1-2caps, vo5 free me freesia half)
evoo or whipped shea butter to seal
Cowash if I have dryness Vo5 Kiwi Lime or Deva Nopoo

DesignerCurls

I am still here and haven't broken any rules. I'm still doing twist for PSing (twist/braid out on weekends if I feel like it). I think I will keep it up until I get to MBL. Then I will wear it straight for maybe a week or two and then back to twist until WL. I'm excited because I'm finally BSL! Yaaay LHCF Bootcamp! :yay:

lsc2956

Progress! I comitted through May. Took down my third weave mid May and wore wigs for the last half of the month. The last pic was taken about a week ago after blow out.

Attachments

• startpic.jpg
    startpic.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0254.jpg
    IMAG0254.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 11