SHOULDER LENGTH 2011 CHALLENGE!

^^^ I feel ya hun my nape was shaved so its always shorter than the rest of my hair. Talk about uphill struggle!

As for the hair fall out I used to have a patch at the nape left handside that would break off for no reason, its stopped falling out and is growing back...I think it was stress related(my final exams), but please do update us :)

P.S Its not chunky its thicknezzz! :D Your hair looks great healthy,shiny and well looked after! SL is around the corner!

Thanks! I don't know if mine is stress or not... it seems to happen at least once a year, i think.

^^^ I feel ya hun my nape was shaved so its always shorter than the rest of my hair. Talk about uphill struggle!

As for the hair fall out I used to have a patch at the nape left handside that would break off for no reason, its stopped falling out and is growing back...I think it was stress related(my final exams), but please do update us :)

P.S Its not chunky its thicknezzz! :D Your hair looks great healthy,shiny and well looked after! SL is around the corner!

Hi Ladies!!! It's been a while so I'm checking in! I have been cowashing every other day and keeping it stretched at night in braids.. I probably won't straighten until the end of June and there had better be some hair on my shoulders! lol

when I look at the pics of my current length(attached) I'm not sure that I'm going to make it, I am still working on trying to move past the fact that if my nape hadn't fallen out I would be there (I know you all are tired of hearing say the same thing over and over again!! ) I went to the doctor and I'm as healthy as an imperfect person can be! lol no deficiencies ... i know it's kind of crazy but that news was bitter sweet because it still leaves me with the question of why my nape falls out from time to time.. My next stop is the dermatologist. I'll keep you ladies posted in case there's someone out there suffering like me.

Is it just me or does my head look a little "chunky" from the back!!:lachen:

Missjae09 Your hair looks really good and healthy. A dermatologist would be a good idea for your nape.

I want to see a derm too for my acne (and a funny toenail. eww I know). I will prob ask them about my little trouble spot too thats right above my nape. It has not fallen out since I stopped relaxing thank goodness. But its still thinner and grows slower. And the scalp back there will get irritated from time to time esp when I go to the salon.It does better w/the natural based products I use when not wearing my hair straight. But I like the salon products for straight hair styles.

Omg I got called out! Lol I'm not quite there yet but I'm almost there I think. I'm in twists and using my growth aids. I also have about an inch of new growth in this picture so I hope I'll be there when I relax on the 9th. But if I make it I'm not claiming until it's past it.

61763cce-ab33-1ddc.jpg

Attachments

• Natural hair journey 030.JPG
    Natural hair journey 030.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 30
  • Natural hair journey 171.JPG
    Natural hair journey 171.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Natural hair journey 173.JPG
    Natural hair journey 173.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Natural hair journey 178.JPG
    Natural hair journey 178.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 22

I wish! I did an unexpected blow dry in late February/Early March. It failed miserably :nono: & I was not there yet. So until the reveal I will be rocking this half-wig

I dunno about 'miserably'... You look pretty close to SL to me, plus u weren't fully straightened and that was 2-3 months ago.

But anyway... you hair looks nice & thick and super healthy... and ur 1/2 wig is cute too!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ladies, please let me know if I missed adding any new joiners or graduates to the list.

Is it too late to join this challenge?? I'd like to have some people to keep me focused lol.

I've been using sew-in for a protective style and I am currently neck length. I cut my hair in a short hairstyle so my nape was tapered and very short. I am taking biotin and a multivitamin every day.

I am hoping by me wearing a weave, I will see more length due to shedding and retaining length seem to be my biggest problem. I don't have a current picture but I will add one when I take out my weave. :yep:

I dunno about 'miserably'... You look pretty close to SL to me, plus u weren't fully straightened and that was 2-3 months ago.

But anyway... you hair looks nice & thick and super healthy... and ur 1/2 wig is cute too!

Lol I guess what I meant to say is that I thought I could blow dry it & wouldn't need to flat iron. :blush: I hope I can make it to shoulder length by end of this challenge. If not then I'll have to wait till the end of the year. Oh & my hair is NOT thick! :nono: I wish it was, these pics are so deceiving, I have to carefully separate braidouts so my scalp doesnt show, but I think henna has helped alot. Thanks for the compliment though, I need all the encouragement I can get, it sucks being so close but not quite there :sad:

Horribly blurry picture but I'm getting closer to SL!!!

b8fab956-8e51-5fdf.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Cosign. Definitely not a fail at all.

Is it too late to join this challenge?? I'd like to have some people to keep me focused lol.

I've been using sew-in for a protective style and I am currently neck length. I cut my hair in a short hairstyle so my nape was tapered and very short. I am taking biotin and a multivitamin every day.

I am hoping by me wearing a weave, I will see more length due to shedding and retaining length seem to be my biggest problem. I don't have a current picture but I will add one when I take out my weave. :yep:

Nope not too late. Welcome!

@NikkiQ, When do you plan to straighten for your length check? I think you will definitely be SL.

When I straightened my hair was 2 to 2.5 inches longer then it was when I stretched it out.

I won't be straightening again until the end of the year. I hate putting heat on my hair :nono:

Hi, just want to update. I'm SURE I'll hit my goal of SL by December. My new siggy shows a current length check from using sulfur. For the first time since BC, I actually felt my hair on my neck in the shower! I guess I'm NL now! SL has no choice now but to come on! I normally grow 0.5" monthly. With sulfur I got 1.25" in one month!
I'm going to try to not do another LC until December...maybe.

I know the text is small on my siggy, but it shows the first top pic taken 5/1 (first day I used sulfur), the pic next to it shows 5/20, the 2 bottom pics are yesterday 5/31.

(Since I got these results using sulfur, and I'm in that challenge also, I'll update there too.)

I took down a plait and was playing with it at my nape and I swear its like not that far from APL already, I was like wtf? But the hair right above it is barely at my shoulders. Ugh! Why can't all of my hair grow as fast as my nape??? Its interesting watching it grow. I used to just cut it all the time when I was wearing my hair down and straight to keep from having a mullet, but now that I'm wearing my hair up all the time I just let it grow until my next professional trim.

I took down a plait and was playing with it at my nape and I swear its like not that far from APL already, I was like wtf? But the hair right above it is barely at my shoulders. Ugh! Why can't all of my hair grow as fast as my nape??? Its interesting watching it grow. I used to just cut it all the time when I was wearing my hair down and straight to keep from having a mullet, but now that I'm wearing my hair up all the time I just let it grow until my next professional trim.

Ummm...pictures would be greatly appreciated lol

Ummm...pictures would be greatly appreciated lol

Lol, I thought about it, got hungry/sleepy, then the moment passed. :lachen: I don't even have any batteries for my camera and probably don't even know where it is since I'm still not all the way unpacked yet.

I'm still in awe that I could possibly be APL by the end of this year. And getting impatient. Only about 6 more months. So close, but yet so far:lol:

Lol, I thought about it, got hungry/sleepy, then the moment passed. :lachen: I don't even have any batteries for my camera and probably don't even know where it is since I'm still not all the way unpacked yet.

I'm still in awe that I could possibly be APL by the end of this year. And getting impatient. Only about 6 more months. So close, but yet so far:lol:

It always happens when you aren't really paying attention. I can't wait to see your hair at the end of the year!!

It always happens when you aren't really paying attention. I can't wait to see your hair at the end of the year!!

I think we will all be in awe of our hair come year end. Everyone is doing so well!

I do get sick of protective styling all the time. But then when I wear it out, it gets annoying or I'm afraid its going to get damaged and I can't wait to put it back up. :lol:

I think we will all be in awe of our hair come year end. Everyone is doing so well!

I do get sick of protective styling all the time. But then when I wear it out, it gets annoying or I'm afraid its going to get damaged and I can't wait to put it back up. :lol:

OMG I'm the same way! So over half wigs and full caps, but it makes things so much easier when you're trying to retain as much length as possible. I can't wait to just rock a bun! Lol

Hi ladies...I realize I only check in semi-monthly or so but I was watching an old KimmayTube video (don't judge me) and she was saying the style in the vid that they protective style she was doing could be done on chin length hair and I was like, "hmm...how long is my stupid hair?" and yes, I did say "stupid" (lol) so I measured it, it seems so short all the time (and granted it still is) but it's about 5" now, so that's excited, anyway, here's a pic:

IMAG0420.jpg

I'm on par to make SL (or something like it lol) in September, my 1-year Nappiversary, I need to figure out ways to stretch my freakin' hair so it stops looking like I BC'd yesterday, lol. Congrats to all the grads and HHJ ladies

Hi ladies...I realize I only check in semi-monthly or so but I was watching an old KimmayTube video (don't judge me) and she was saying the style in the vid that they protective style she was doing could be done on chin length hair and I was like, "hmm...how long is my stupid hair?" and yes, I did say "stupid" (lol) so I measured it, it seems so short all the time (and granted it still is) but it's about 5" now, so that's excited, anyway, here's a pic:

Your twist are sooooo cute. :lick:

Let me know when you figure out how to stretch it. I could use some help.

Congratultions on your progress.

I am officially protective styling for the month of June. My long term goal is to protective style until my hair is past SL. I'm going to take it month by month but I am equipped with my gel and headbands and hair accessories for ponytails and buns throughout the month. If I get tired of that I still have my half wigs that i bought and never opened last yr. Lets get it!! I've been bunning for the past 2 wks and its pretty easy plus I make it look messy so its not so put together and leave out pieces of hair and such.

I need this to happen. Probably the only way it will happen is if I stop hanging out on this forum. :ohwell: Kinky twists will have to do.

That's how I was before I chopped. Now that I'm natural and just hide my hair all the time, I don't really pay attention to it too much anymore. I do a pull test every now and then, but I don't like dwelling on it. It'll grow whether I obsess over it or not :yep:

faithVA I am trying a braidout today, I have an event to go to later and I will take pictures and post them to see if that stretches them out, I cowashed then used Kimmay's leave-in (for the first time ever!) with Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier (b/c I feel it's kind of oilier, so I guessed I call myself sealing) and I braided 11 braids and I am letting it dry as we speak, so hopefully, some length will show when all is said and done. Crossing my fingers

That's EXACTLY how I'm feeling this week :wallbash: I was in mini twists the whole month of May and it's been out all this week and now I'm so SICK of it. I blew it out last Saturday, wore it huge for a few days then co-washed and twisted yesterday for a chunky twist out (that I used way too much gel for :nono:) and now I'm thinking of co-washing again tonight and banding it so it can be big again but then I don't know WHAT to do with it...I'm not sure I'm up to twisting all of it again.

Back