Single Christian Women's Support - THE REMIX!

Sarophina

Tell me about it. I love the baby aisles. Only I avoid those sections when I'm with my mom cuz I have learned that grandbaby hunger>>>> baby hunger :lol:.
The other night my mom had a dream, she saw me as Kate Middleton holding my baby. I was like huh? Then she texted me this picture :look:

View attachment 242501

:lol:

Lol, ITA that grandbaby hunger>>>>baby hunger. It's hard to remain content with my mom always asking me why she doesn't have any grandkids yet, lol.

bellatiamarie

I can't believe I am just seeing this thread and venturing into the CF forum now. I've missed out!

Maracujá I read your posts by Gary Thomas which lead me to read his blog which then lead me to download Sacred Search to my Kindle app and start reading it! I even shared the blog with my BFF and she liked it so much that she shared it with her boyfriend. :lol:

It's a a little intimidating at first because it's so very different from the idealogy of the mainstream mindset of finding a husband BUT it's so powerful and freeing. The more I read, the less I feel like a lonely husbandless victim lol and the more I am learing about who I really am in Christ and how that properly defines the place marriage will have in my life eventually.

I like that he says, it's not only about who you want to marry, but WHY? I think this book is going to help me retain my old mindsets of finding a husband.

Thank you :)

I purchased the book also and I'm about half way through. It's a really good read and definitely opening my eyes to a lot. I purchased it a while back after someone on the board suggested it but I just started reading it about two weeks ago.

It's definitely not a book that you can just read through... You have to answer the study questions after each chapter and really think critically about what is being presented. I'll have to check out his blog.

luthiengirlie

Just CHecking in,

This is interesting because someone I used to.. well... have sexual relations with before I well.. got it together.. revealed alot to me. I'm not healed in areas.. especially when it comes to....... well the horizontal mambo.. I know not everyone is a virgin but if ther eis healing that needs to be done.. it needs to be done.. so i will work on that

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
I can't believe I am just seeing this thread and venturing into the CF forum now. I've missed out!

Maracujá I read your posts by Gary Thomas which lead me to read his blog which then lead me to download Sacred Search to my Kindle app and start reading it! I even shared the blog with my BFF and she liked it so much that she shared it with her boyfriend. :lol:

It's a a little intimidating at first because it's so very different from the idealogy of the mainstream mindset of finding a husband BUT it's so powerful and freeing. The more I read, the less I feel like a lonely husbandless victim lol and the more I am learing about who I really am in Christ and how that properly defines the place marriage will have in my life eventually.

I like that he says, it's not only about who you want to marry, but WHY? I think this book is going to help me retain my old mindsets of finding a husband.

Thank you :)

Lenee925: You're welcome! Hope you're subscribed to his blog posts aswell, I really like the way he explains our actions. Sometimes you feel it in your spirit that you are doing the right thing despite the fact it's not what society deems 'good' but it's always nice to have someone confirm it through Scripture.

Kinkyhairlady

Ladies this journey is a tough one. Past few days I've been feeling so lonely and annoyed that I'm letting things get to me. I just recently found out a guy I was seeing last year is seriously seeing someone now and may be getting married soon. This hurts so bad but it's not because I wanted him back but I just felt like I keep missing this train. All these men I meet end up marrying someone else. Is it me that's the issue? Are these woman being treated better than I was? Why can't God send the right one for me now? I know I have to be patient and I am but the lonely feeling has been to much lately. I tend to contact people I shouldn't when I feel like that and I'm tired of it. Everyone says get out more but I go out just not to clubs and stuff. It's not like men don't see me but it's the ones who are full of bs that approach. Smh

LoveisYou

Ladies this journey is a tough one. Past few days I've been feeling so lonely and annoyed that I'm letting things get to me. I just recently found out a guy I was seeing last year is seriously seeing someone now and may be getting married soon. This hurts so bad but it's not because I wanted him back but I just felt like I keep missing this train. All these men I meet end up marrying someone else. Is it me that's the issue? Are these woman being treated better than I was? Why can't God send the right one for me now? I know I have to be patient and I am but the lonely feeling has been to much lately. I tend to contact people I shouldn't when I feel like that and I'm tired of it. Everyone says get out more but I go out just not to clubs and stuff. It's not like men don't see me but it's the ones who are full of bs that approach. Smh

I know it's tough...but you never know what God is protecting you from. Keep on praying His will for your life.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
We often talk about love finding us but how is everyone doing in the meanwhile in other aspects of your life as a singlista? The last couple of months have been so rough fore me financially and career wise...:ohwell:

Haddasah

We often talk about love finding us but how is everyone doing in the meanwhile in other aspects of your life as a singlista? The last couple of months have been so rough fore me financially and career wise...:ohwell:

Sorry about the career, I had a rough time too, God will see you through.

I was just thinking of posting something similar to this, I am trying to get over this guy emotionally because I feel like he is pulling away and so I'm trying to do the same, pull away emotionally and physically. Not sure if that's the best but...

I don't want to be down though I have been since he starting acting different and I don't want to retreat to food (wish I'm prone to do). So I am working on my health and remolding my house and growing closer to God(getting back to my journal and strictly confiding in God only) and also putting more of me into my ministry...I don't really have friends that live close so I'm going to make more of an effort to visit and to make one good friend here

Divine.

To be honest I don't have time for love with all this stuff going on in my life :nono: I'm too busy trying to get my finances in order. Life is really rough. I'm still trying to figure out what direction God wants me to walk in. I started my blog but I haven't been able to post as much because of the amount of stress I'm under. Praying that God will make a way sooner than later.

3akay3

I'm a natural lurker but had to share. My desire for marriage has been my biggest test. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's difficult beyond words. I came across this blog recently and it so eloquently articulates my thoughts, feelings, and everything else about being single while waiting on my husband. It's helping me so much and I hope it does the same for someone else.

http://www.loveandgracemedia.com

Recent blog entry:
Jesus is the Balm

We could spend the series discussing dating tips and beauty, but the healing of sorrow and discontentment begins with God.

Overcoming sorrow has everything to do with God and our relation to Him.

Beauty and relationship advice are good topics to discuss and will be discussed in future articles. But when tears are staining our pillow at night, we need to focus on a remedy that will heal us at the root.

Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then has the health of the daughter of my people not been restored? (Jeremiah 8:22 ESV)

Why do we look for divine cures in temporal things? Why do we treat our pain with ointments that cover up but never heal? Many continue to struggle and make poor decisions because of carrying needless pain. There is a Physician that we can turn to and until we realize that all of our help comes from the Lord, we will miss the mark of true joy.

Marriage is awesome and I pray that all who desire it, find it. But boyfriends and husbands are not the balm in Gilead. As much of a blessing as they can be to us, they are not the final answer for the healing of our sorrow.

To be a better manager of our emotions we must decrease so that God may increase. In Him is hope. In Him is joy. In Him is power.

Chasing after popularity, romance, and tender kisses will not heal sorrow that has taken root in our soul. Jesus is the balm that heals every kind of brokenness…every kind of sorrow.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

LoveisYou

Going out and dates and getting to know different people is supposed to be fun
Well I'm tired....

I'm just ready to meet the one

DreamLife

Back in the thread...single again and surprisingly optimistic about what God has in store.

Last edited:

Reminiscing

Happy Valentine's Day!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

God placed this scripture on my heart this morning. He said to me that I promise that if you believe in me, you should not perish and that includes today, this day of love that you must endure as a single woman. Ladies, I encourage you as you go out today witnessing the wonderful celebration of love between couples, remember that our time to celebrate is coming soon. In the meantime, God will not allow us to perish from the jealousy, the doubt, the longing, the loneliness that today may cause us to feel as single women. God loves us and we believe in Him, therefore he says we will not perish, not yesterday, not tomorrow and certainly NOT today!

Lots of love to you ladies!

Divine.

One of the things I am learning is that it's okay to have a desire to be married. I don't have to pretend that I'm always happy to be single. I am really hard on myself if I show any ounce of disappointment about not meeting the one yet. But it's natural for me to feel this way. As long I continue being obedient to God, the desires of my heart will follow suit.

Phoenix14

I'm feeling lonely for the first time....ever? Like no friends to call, no man, just me. And God? I guess. It's weird. I've never felt so alone and I know I NEED to read my bible, that I NEED to spend more time in prayer but I still can't bring myself to do it. Help.

Divine.

I'm feeling lonely for the first time....ever? Like no friends to call, no man, just me. And God? I guess. It's weird. I've never felt so alone and I know I NEED to read my bible, that I NEED to spend more time in prayer but I still can't bring myself to do it. Help.

Maybe you just need to make prayer and studying more fun. That's what I had to do. I'm not sure what bible you have, but I highly recommend buying a life application bible. While reading I follow along with an audio bible. This makes reading my bible more interactive for me.

It's funny, when I choose not to read my bible I make excuses for it (too tired, too busy). But when I start reading it again I always ask myself why I stopped reading it in the first place! I always receive some confirmation from God while reading.

Phoenix14

Maybe you just need to make prayer and studying more fun. That's what I had to do. I'm not sure what bible you have, but I highly recommend buying a life application bible. While reading I follow along with an audio bible. This makes reading my bible more interactive for me.

It's funny, when I choose not to read my bible I make excuses for it (too tired, too busy). But when I start reading it again I always ask myself why I stopped reading it in the first place! I always receive some confirmation from God while reading.

Thanks! I honestly haven't purchased a bible in ages. I just use the app on my phone. I have an old NIV and KJV from when I was younger.

Wait! I just looked at my bookcase and there is an almost untouched Life application NIV edition there. Thanks!!

Divine.

Thanks! I honestly haven't purchased a bible in ages. I just use the app on my phone. I have an old NIV and KJV from when I was younger. Wait! I just looked at my bookcase and there is an almost untouched Life application NIV edition there. Thanks!!

I have the same bible! I really enjoy it because it breaks everything down. It also livens up bible reading. I use the audio function on the bible app to read along as well.

sweetvi

One of the things I am learning is that it's okay to have a desire to be married. I don't have to pretend that I'm always happy to be single. I am really hard on myself if I show any ounce of disappointment about not meeting the one yet. But it's natural for me to feel this way. As long I continue being obedient to God, the desires of my heart will follow suit.

Amen. .....

Divine.

For any ladies over 30, or anyone for that matter, you should purchase the book Remember the Roses by Lynette Lewis. Her testimony is so powerful I could not put the book down. Lynette was 40 when she married her first husband.

Like many of us, she was active in ministry, read God's Word, helped others, etc. But she still came up short with her relationship status. All of the friends around her got married and had children while she waited for her own husband to arrive.

The book discusses in detail her story and the things she learned along the way. I'm not finished yet, but it helped me get out of a funk recently.

Divine.

divine , your mention of Lynette led me to her blog and this post http://www.lynettelewis.com/big-family-newsmiracle/ that adds to the beautiful story God wrote for her.

This is amazing! God is so good! He never forgets those who have been faithful to him. Even when we feel like we're forgotten at times, God is behind the scenes creating an abundant life for us.

If you needed anymore reason to purchase the book, this is it :lol:

foxee

This is amazing! God is so good! He never forgets those who have been faithful to him. Even when we feel like we're forgotten at times, God is behind the scenes creating an abundant life for us.

If you needed anymore reason to purchase the book, this is it :lol:

I'm sold! I just purchased a copy on Amazon.