SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hey my ladies!! I had a tonsillectomy done on Friday morning so I'm not able to lean over the side of the tub like I need to. So on Saturday, I co-washed with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration then used some Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner while standing in the shower. I haven't used Motions Moisture Plus in a loooong minute & now I don't like it. My hair was manageable but it wasn't moisturized like my Elast QP DPR has it so I'll be pushing that one to the back of the cabinet. I have been M&Sng with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter & ECVO everyday for about a week now & doing my scalp with Mega Care Tea Tree oil. Since I won't be working out for a few weeks I'll have my hair wrapped under my wig versus cornrows.

Awe heres to a speedy recovery!

faithVA

Hey my ladies!! I had a tonsillectomy done on Friday morning so I'm not able to lean over the side of the tub like I need to. So on Saturday, I co-washed with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration then used some Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner while standing in the shower. I haven't used Motions Moisture Plus in a loooong minute & now I don't like it. My hair was manageable but it wasn't moisturized like my Elast QP DPR has it so I'll be pushing that one to the back of the cabinet. I have been M&Sng with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter & ECVO everyday for about a week now & doing my scalp with Mega Care Tea Tree oil. Since I won't be working out for a few weeks I'll have my hair wrapped under my wig versus cornrows.

:bighug: Wishing you a quick and easy recovery.

faithVA

Not doing anything different. Just put in my finger coils. Have at least 9 more weeks before I'm allowing myself to switch styles. But may force myself to keep them through May.

MsKikiStar

I think I'm still in a "relaxed head" mind frame when it comes to taking care of my hair. It finally occurred to me today that I cannot detangle with a comb. Ever. My knockoff Denman brush was a dream :love:. Now I'm in the process of braiding my hair back up.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

Whats a good moisturizer? I need one for shampoo. Im using mane n tail and I dont think its moisturing my hair enough. Started taking msm two days ago. Hoping it will be doing good for my nappy hair

Babygrowth

^^ a lot of ppl seem to love the elasta qp olive and mango butter moisturizer. You can also try coconut mango moistuizer from hairitage hydrations on etsy. She has other awesome all natural stuff you may fall in love with!

Last edited:

hnntrr

^^ a lot of ppl seem to love the elasta qp olive and mango butter moisturizer. You can also try coconut mango moistuizer from hairitage hydrations on etsy. She has other awesome all natural stuff you may fall in love with!

the elasta qp olive and mango butter is AMAZING. AMAZING. Aaaaamazing. my hair really loves that and coconut oil, and those were on a whim/tip from someone else.

One more month in these Nubian twist and I'm going to wear my hair out on a while... Maybe feaux buns.... I need to baby my hair! I want to actually get passed shoulder length this year

hnntrr

its growwwingggggggg my hair touches the top part of my shoulder ehehehe. yas.
I forgot momentarily that my cowash days are tues/thurs...which means i have to wash my hair tonight and I didn't prepare any tea (whoops). So I will just cowash tonight and overnight steep for sunday. I am pretty sure i did a tea rinse tuesday. I guess I could just make some tea real quick but it turned out so much better steeping over night. Ugh. Plus I duno how to wear my hair tomorrow since it will still be under 30 and I wore my hair curly monday/tuesday and all the moisture got sucked out of my hair. Thinking i might just wrap it and bun until sunday till it gets warmer. I duno what to do!!! I really wanna bantu tonight.

Tomorrow im doing a protein treatment and was wondering if I should prepoo which only contain coconut oil as my prepoo. Someone give me an example plz. Im making my own protein

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Tomorrow im doing a protein treatment and was wondering if I should prepoo which only contain coconut oil as my prepoo. Someone give me an example plz. Im making my own protein

You could prepoo with CO and make sure you do a DC (moisturizing) after your PT. What are you putting in your PT mix?

You could prepoo with CO and make sure you do a DC (moisturizing) after your PT. What are you putting in your PT mix?

Im using egg, mayo, and honey. A drop of olive oil. Ill be dc with queen Helen conditioner. When I prepoo do I rinse then do my pt. When I dc do I rinse the protein out then dc. I been a pt before but believe I did it all wrong

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Im using egg, mayo, and honey. A drop of olive oil. Ill be dc with queen Helen conditioner. When I prepoo do I rinse then do my pt. When I dc do I rinse the protein out then dc. I been a pt before but believe I did it all wrong

You rinse out all the oil and then do your PT. Yes rinse out the PT then do a nice DC. Lmk how it goes. Sometimes I dc for a couple hours or all day or over night when I can stand sleeping on that darn plastic cap.

One last question. When I rinse out do I use shampoo or just water. Ill be prepoo tonight after work. Leave it overnight then in the morning do my protein, leave it for an hr, and my dc going to have to be for a couple hours because im going to get peotic justice braids after my hair is done drying. Ill do my best to keep it in for two months then do a perm

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
One last question. When I rinse out do I use shampoo or just water. Ill be prepoo tonight after work. Leave it overnight then in the morning do my protein, leave it for an hr, and my dc going to have to be for a couple hours because im going to get peotic justice braids after my hair is done drying. Ill do my best to keep it in for two months then do a perm

you can just rinse with water if you dont mind the oil or use a cheapie con and cowash it out. If you use shampoo use one thats not stripping to your hair. And u r very welcome!

itismehmmkay

Just did a retouch in needed areas, DC, n now I'm in rollers sitting with my son waiting for him to nap. I'll prob flatiron tonight or wait til morning. Oh n I'll still do my bun but saw some styles I wanna try. I'll come back n upload them.

Been up since 7am. Rinse my pre poo. Did my protein treatment, leave it on for an one and thirty minutes. Apply dc since 10, walked to the beach. Boy I tell you, it was hot under the three shower caps. Just rince out my dc. Now letting it airdry. Hoping I do my poetic justice braids today

lovely_locks

I just washed my hair and put in my fave oil in my hair: tee tree and Jamaican castor oil. I love how thick this oil is! :) I am just air drying my hair. It is nice to have a whole day off. I get to pamper my hair

AvaSpeaks

Washed hair today and deep conditioned. Then retwisted hair back up and hair looks shiny :lol:

Had a severe setback in the late Summer/Fall 2012 so here's hoping to get my hair back to the length it is in my pic by Fall 2013!