SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

faithVA

[USER=301412 said:
carnivalapple[/USER];17861105]Can I join?

I was supposed to be headed to APL but omg, I just cutting my hair. I would blame on the parts that I bleached to hell but those strands are actually thriving. I can barely stand to look at my hair but I'm pretty I cut it back to this length, at least in some parts.

Come on in carnivalapple. We would be glad to have you. :yep:

Thank you.

What length are you now? Ugh, don't ask. I was so frustrated that I just cut randomly

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? All natural, bleached (purple)

What retention methods do you plan on using? Wig, I guess. Last year, I just kept my hair in braids and it thrived but I don't look good in braids soooo, definitely a wig.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? Bought mega-tek. Perhaps I'm desperate T_T other than that, no.

Right now I have Redken All soft heavy cream in my hair. Has anyone used this before?

faithVA

Thank you.

What length are you now? Ugh, don't ask. I was so frustrated that I just cut randomly

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? All natural, bleached (purple)

What retention methods do you plan on using? Wig, I guess. Last year, I just kept my hair in braids and it thrived but I don't look good in braids soooo, definitely a wig.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? Bought mega-tek. Perhaps I'm desperate T_T other than that, no.

Right now I have Redken All soft heavy cream in my hair. Has anyone used this before?

Did you do a protein treatment after you bleached?

No I haven't used the Redken. Do you like it?

Babygrowth

I need help guys. What should I do before a perm? a perm and what should I.do after

Since you have braids I say a week before you relax take them down, clarify and do a protein treatment followed by a moisture DC. BE VERY GENTLE. The night before or day of prepart and base your scalp. I always do a mid protein step but I may try mixing some moisture in because my hair was a little dry last time. The week after shampoo/clarify (if you use no lye) wash and if your hair needs it do a reconstructor and then another moisture DC otherwise continue with your normal routine.

duanita33

I'm in thanks

Current length :neck length
Natural
Cowash,MN mix,castor oil finger combing in shower
Biotin 5000mcg

Start pick taken 2/9/13

Attachments

• image-1290037022.jpg
    image-1290037022.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 28

Babygrowth

My regimen today:

Clarify-Elucence acidifying shampoo
Shampoo- Elasta creme conditioning shampoo
Protein- Shescentit Okra Reconstructor
Coffee rinse
DC- Silk dreams Vanilla silk
Tea/avj rinse
Leave in- HH mango colada
Oil- SSI carrot and pumpkin defrizzer
Cream- Soultanicals Marula Muru

Hair feels juicy! Will cornrow tmrw morning...

Luckyladyj

Hi Ladies I think I am grazing SL if not grazing then def SL I got my hair done yesterdqy and I wasnt too happy with the wash.I felt rushed in the salon.I think I have been spoiled ever since finding out about this board.I def think I am giving up the stylist and becoming a do it yourselfer.I feel I do a better job and take more time with my hair.I just want to thank everyone for sharing your tips with meI am definately reaping the benefits.

Seamonster

hnntrr woo hoo Sounds like you are about to graduate!

My bang just reached full chin length. I didn't realize how big my head was, neck length is just around the corner! If I stay on the course I can finally have my beloved shoulder length hair crown. Feeling my chin length self. Thick hair, here I come.

naija24

Is it too late to join??

What length are you now?
I just big chopped about 3 weeks ago. My last relaxer was December 5, 2012. I have a little under an inch of hair.

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?

I am 100% natural and I hope to never relax or cut my hair ever again!!

What retention methods do you plan on using?
I hope to do microbraids under the end of this challenge. I just got microbraids yesterday so I hope to get maybe 5/6 inches by the end of the year! Someone please tell me that's doable.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special?
Not really. I just want to leave my hair alone after two years of heat damage at Dominican salons.

My natural hair as of the week of February 11, 2013.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/j3_0r7ydbYCfmnSVsE3klfpk5dR7ZzHzCwTLl4pHWFs?feat=directlink

Me with Microbraids:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/dT_k2hFgGy1o49lWtH1qd_pk5dR7ZzHzCwTLl4pHWFs?feat=directlink

faithVA

[USER said:
naija24;17882823[/USER]]Is it too late to join??

What length are you now?
I just big chopped about 3 weeks ago. My last relaxer was December 5, 2012. I have a little under an inch of hair.

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?

I am 100% natural and I hope to never relax or cut my hair ever again!!

What retention methods do you plan on using?
I hope to do microbraids under the end of this challenge. I just got microbraids yesterday so I hope to get maybe 5/6 inches by the end of the year! Someone please tell me that's doable.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special?
Not really. I just want to leave my hair alone after two years of heat damage at Dominican salons.

My natural hair as of the week of February 11, 2013.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/j3_0r7ydbYCfmnSVsE3klfpk5dR7ZzHzCwTLl4pHWFs?feat=directlink

Me with Microbraids:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/dT_k2hFgGy1o49lWtH1qd_pk5dR7ZzHzCwTLl4pHWFs?feat=directlink

Welcome. Glad to have you.

naija24

Welcome. Glad to have you.

yay! is it possible/realistic to expect 5/6 inches of growth in a year? My boyfriend HATED my BC but he's being as supportive as he can be. I hope that by our 1 year anniversary (October), I'll have SL hair if not close to.

Is this possible??

Last edited:

faithVA

yay! is it possible/realistic to expect 5/6 inches of growth in a year? My boyfriend HATED my BC but he's being as supportive as he can be. I hope that by our 1 year anniversary (October), I'll have SL hair if not close to.

Is this possible??

Yes it is possible. It will depend on your growth rate and how well you are able to retain, whether it is realistic for you. But go for it anyway. You may have a fantastic growth and retention rate. :yep:

naija24

Yes it is possible. It will depend on your growth rate and how well you are able to retain, whether it is realistic for you. But go for it anyway. You may have a fantastic growth and retention rate. :yep:

Define "fantastic"...

naija24

I think this challenge (my first) will be easier to do if I gave myself markers!

I hope to follow this timeline for the rest of the year, and do length checks every 3 months or so when I take out my braids.

EL (April 2013)
Neck Length (July 2013)
Just reaching SL (October 2013)
Fully SL (December 2013)

I don't care for super long hair. I'm wearing braids now and omg it's so hot on my back. I'm so over it. I think SL is the longest I'd like to be. Or not! We'll see where I am by December if I want to keep going!! XD

I see some ladies around here with Hip Length hair and I don't know how they do it.

faithVA

^^Women with really long hair tend to wear their hair up more than they wear it down. Even when I wore extensions, I wore the up most of the time.

I think setting markers are a good idea. It will give you and idea of how fast your hair grows and what you want to set for the future.

naija24

I think that's funny. I feel like most people want super long hair to have it down and out all the time, I never thought that having long hair will almost require you to do the opposite.

Babygrowth

I think this challenge (my first) will be easier to do if I gave myself markers!

I hope to follow this timeline for the rest of the year, and do length checks every 3 months or so when I take out my braids.

EL (April 2013)
Neck Length (July 2013)
Just reaching SL (October 2013)
Fully SL (December 2013)

I don't care for super long hair. I'm wearing braids now and omg it's so hot on my back. I'm so over it. I think SL is the longest I'd like to be. Or not! We'll see where I am by December if I want to keep going!! XD

I see some ladies around here with Hip Length hair and I don't know how they do it.

Great idea hon! I said the same thing. My goal length is apl but I may try for mbl but nothing longer than that! Lol!

Jobwright

I think I hit shoulder length! I flat ironed my hair Saturday and it was hanging nicely. Forgot to take a pic, sorry. But I will definitely post one on April 1st! I have been religiously cowashing at mid week and dcing on the weekend, every week. Wearing pin ups, buns, Bantu knots, braid outs, anything to keep my hair and ends tucked away and/or off my clothes. I just started using Argon oil, which is actually a mix of Argon, jojoba, sweet almond, sunflower, vitamin e, and black seed oil. Makes my hair sooooooo soft. I am excited to see everyone's results on our next picture check in! Happy hair growing ladies!

faithVA

I think I will take measurements from my crown to my nape and to my front edges, and then to NL. It will give me a realistic idea of where I am. Will do this, on the weekend.

lollikd

^^^^ this is exactly what I did this morning at 4a when I couldn't sleep :lol:
Had to figure out realistically if I could reach (healthy) sl before june & apl by this year's end.

Aggie

I won't be doing a length check until after my trim at the end of next month. I should be at least touching SL by then - I hope so anyway. My longest length has been touching BSL but I had since gone natural, then since gone texlaxed, which I still am today. I like the mixture of both worlds - it's so much fun for me.

After seeing my hair at BSL, I like it but I like just below shoulder blade (BSB) better which is about 3 inches shorter than BSL and 3 inches longer than APL on me.

BonBon

I can't see my hair all being blunt shoulder length at the end of the year. Obviously my edges, nape and the middle of my hair will be. however the top section isn't even ear length yet:lol: We shall see.

Does a layered shoulder length bob count :lol:

Babygrowth

I can't see my hair all being blunt shoulder length at the end of the year. Obviously my edges, nape and the middle of my hair will be. however the top section isn't even ear length yet:lol: We shall see.

Does a layered shoulder length bob count :lol:

Sure does! Lol! Because that's probably where my hair will be too!