Steaming Challenge 2012 - Part 1

FindingMe

Steamed mini-twists last night with a mix of JBCO, almond oil and jojoba oil....:love: it!!! Ends are super moisturized and hair is very soft...not oily or greasy...Loved it!!!

Last edited:

25Nona

Checking in did my steam treatment tonight. I used Shea moisture mask mixed with Giovanni SAS, EVOO, EVCO and honey. Loved this combo and it will be something I stick with for a while.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Steaming in AO HSR for a second time today. I think I've had this DC in for about 2 hours; but only steamed for an hour or so.

nubiennze

I'm intrigued, but if I make a hair investment right now, it'll be for the lclbeauty dryer. I imagine I don't qualify for the challenge if I'm bootleg "steaming" with caps, wet towels, and the occasional steam room visit, lol.

I'll be cheering you ladies on from the sidelines and will check back in when and if I decide to purchase a steamer.

Last edited:

FindingMe

Steamed mini-twists last night with a mix of JBCO, almond oil and jojoba oil....:love: it!!! Ends are super moisturized and hair is very soft...not oily or greasy...Loved it!!!

I have added a little JBCO once since I steamed Sunday and my hair is *STILL* soft, smooth and moisturized. After I steamed with the oils, I washed with Shea Moisture poo and added more JBCO and that was it. SOOOO simple, yet so effective for me... I think I am going to steam with a mixture of oils from now on and maybe save the protein treatments for the heat cap every other week

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Steamed yesterday with aloe vera juice and Enso Marshmallow & Moss serum mix. Followed by a steam with Shi Naturals Henna Gloss.

Nichelle_jb

Today was wash day and after shampooing with my Chargin Valley Honey, Beer and Egg Shampoo Bar, I finished up by Steaming with Bee Mine Deep Conditioner for about 40 minutes. I added a little Argan Oil on top because I always Steam with oils.

Nichelle_jb

Cherokee-n-Black

Had an awesome steam session in the steam room at the Y. Was sitting right above steam spigot so my hair was getting the full monty! I used up the last of my Heaven in Hair DC. It's not a great DC, but my hair felt and feels awesome. This time I DID come home and sit under the dryer. My curls are popping, shiny, and moisturized. I'll be really interested to see if my hair holds up any better. I currently have to co-wash about every two days (and day two is a little funky) because my hair loses moisture so quickly and any attempt to refresh sends me to Fro-town! As usual, I digress.

Sat in the steam room for 20 minutes. Steaming really melts that conditioner into my hair. When I put it in today, it was just sitting on top of my hair. After the steam it had sunk all the way in. Oh, and great thing about steamroom steaming--almost no drip! The whole experience did, however, really make me want an at-home steamer.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Steamed for 1/2 hr with CJ Curl Rehab with a dab of castor oil on the ends of my hair. The electricity was off for a coupla hrs this morning....I thought I wasn't going to be able to steam. *shivers at the thought* It came back just in time for my moisturising DC. However I had already passed the "steaming with oils' step. :(

FindingMe

Removed my mini-twists, applied JBCO + Jamaican Black Castor Oil Protein Hair Conditioner and steamed for 30m. Then co-washed with Bee Mine condish. Added a little more JBCO to seal and twisted. Hair is nice and super moisturized.

TracyNicole

I just got my steamer. I am going to steam tonight with JBCO. My plan is to jump into doing this 2x weekly but I am not sure what products my hair will like yet. I am really looking forward to finding my groove with this.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I have a table top steamer that I haven't used in over a year. I NEED to be in this challenge. But, I keep using the baby as an excuse to have an "express" wash day if I have one at all. :look:

Y'all have fun--this is a great challenge!

HanaKuroi

I just steamed. I didn't put anything on my hair. I reactivated the oyin hair dew and Jbco that was on my hair from the other day. My hair was feeling kind of strange. Now it feels good. It has been below zero for the entire month of January. I need to steam every other day until it warms up a bit.

TIL if you don't have time to add dc or oils before you steam, steam anyway. My hair feels nice.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
My part came in the mail.
I will be steaming this weekend.

I'm thinking overnight DC then steam for 20-25 minutes

Honi

There is no board.
Steamed with Silicon mix proteina de perla. Now this stuff did not perform well when I sat under a dryer. Hair was stiff and i didn't like it but babyeeee...whole notha story under that steamer. Soft hair that lasted for days on end after sealing with Crisco.

caltron

I usually steam once a week, and this week my hair needs it really bad. I got a protein treatment from a salon. My hair felt really good after the treatment, but now it's starting to feel hard!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Steamed for 30 minutes with Qhemet AHTB, then topped it with Pura Chocolate Smoothie and steamed for another 30 minutes. :lick:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
tiffers How was steaming with the ATHB? Im still trying to find a use for it; my hair did not like it for my regular twists.

Currently steaming with Giovanni Smooth as Silk - Deeper Moisture. :lick:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Steamed with HV's Cocasta and will steam with HV's Sitrinillah. All Hairveda tonight. Hairveda is the OG for me.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I DC'd overnight w/ AO HSR last night..

and here is my review.. I LOVE it.

I did not end up steaming this morning (based on how fabulous my hair felt), but I am thinking about steaming w/ my henna when I get home for about 20 minutes. Then leave the henna in overnight (as my step 1--Planning on doing my FIRST EVER indigo application tomorrow morning).

I have steamed w/ henna before, and if I remember correctly -- it was fine.

Last edited: