Straight Hair Natural's Support Thread

LdyKamz

@Adiatasha Sounds like a great salon experience. And the price sounds pretty good too. Maybe I'll try them in a couple of months. Ever since I saw that video posted of him doing that girls wash n go I wash my hair like that when I'm curly. I thought I was using a lot of product but from the video I still wasn't using enough. He had great tips.

Adiatasha

@Adiatasha Sounds like a great salon experience. And the price sounds pretty good too. Maybe I'll try them in a couple of months. Ever since I saw that video posted of him doing that girls wash n go I wash my hair like that when I'm curly. I thought I was using a lot of product but from the video I still wasn't using enough. He had great tips.

They explain everything that they are doing and every step of the way. I learned soooo much. Very informative I will go back in 3 months for a trim

MzRhonda

My blowout is 10 days old and pretty straight except for the roots. I went to the gym Wednesday and I'm going again today. As long as I wear a bun or high pony my hair won't revert.

I'm thinking about washing my hair next week and blowdrying it with my comb attachment. It'll be my first time using it so hopefully it's easy.

I can't blow dry with anything other than a comb attachment.

LdyKamz

I'm going to stay curly for a little while and will finally start visiting a stylist for regular trims. That's the only time I think I'll be straightening for a while. So once every few months.

LdyKamz

Over the curly hair!

Back to my blowouts. I will be purging my hair arsenal this weekend. No need to hoard CRAP!
I'm about to be just like and start my blowouts/straightening every 2 weeks with this new stylist. I'll be curly every other week and then back to the salon for my blow out. I think once I get myself together hair wise I might be able to push the straight hair to 2 weeks.

MsSanz92

Just washed my hair since my Dominican blowout. My hair did revert, however I do have some heat damage. I won't say it was a result of the Dominican blowout, because I did have heat damage prior to getting my hair blown out due to my own doing, and when I got my hair blown out I went to the salon with my hair flat ironed, and I didn't see how my hair looked when it was wet before it was done. Some of the heat damage I have is in the front from my leave out for my sew ins, but to be honest, I'm not sad or stressed. I did do a protein treatment with the 2 minute Reconstructor by Aphogee, and now I'm deep conditioning with Every Strand Shea and Coconut Oil Deep Moisture Hair Masque. So far my hair does feel much softer and easier to detangle, so I guess my hair is becoming heat trained? It could also just be because my hair is healthy and thriving. I don't mind because I'm taking a break from heat because I'm getting a sew in tomorrow, but I'll be honest I probably will get another Dominican blowout in a couple of months because I loved the results.

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Done with the fro for a hot minute. Tried the ORS Straightening System today. It was quick, easy and I have close to relaxer results. I blow dried hot but ironed on the lowest recommended setting. Right now I have in flexi rods to get some body cuz its just laying flatn

Maybe for maintenance until the next application, I will twist while wet then sit under the dryer. Might dust off th curl formers too.

Curious to see next wash if my curl pattern is looser but tightens up until next application in 6 weeks

LdyKamz

I'm going to stay curly for a little while and will finally start visiting a stylist for regular trims. That's the only time I think I'll be straightening for a while. So once every few months.
I'm about to be just like and start my blowouts/straightening every 2 weeks with this new stylist. I'll be curly every other week and then back to the salon for my blow out. I think once I get myself together hair wise I might be able to push the straight hair to 2 weeks.
You see, I keep flip flopping on what I should do. Straight every 2 weeks or straight every few months. I don't know what to do. I like both ideas! I can't decide. Only thing I have decided on is the stylist. I'm just not sure how often to go to her and how I should wear my hair. What is wrong with me?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
So its the first wash day after the ors straightening treatment. Wanna see if this stuff is still in my hair. Halfway through the week I put a moisturizer and gel and it reverted more than 50%. Least I know theres no heat damage!

Ill be using mixed chicks serum. It generally keeps me reversion free for over a week. Thats plenty of time til next wash day.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
So for the past two weeks my hair has been GREASY. The first week I thought it was the sulfate free shampoo not getting all the grease out. But week 2 I used a clarifying shampoo.

I realized it's my beloved Salerm leave in so I'm back to not using anything besides heat protectant when I straighten. Oh well more money in my pockets

LdyKamz

Straightened my hair over the weekend because I though I would trim. I didn't need to so I'm not straightening until the end of the month when I will definitely dust at the very least. And with my straight hair I notice my crown area is in dire need of some tlc. Need to work on that.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I have a poof. :look:

:lol:

I put in curl formers trying not to use direct direct heat. Its still clean so I will use a serum and do a cool flat iron tonight.

It will take a while and a few flubs fto get the hang of this new straightening Reggie so I will be patient.

PS. I did not care. Wore my poof to work anyway :lol:

ajargon02

Done with the fro for a hot minute. Tried the ORS Straightening System today. It was quick, easy and I have close to relaxer results. I blow dried hot but ironed on the lowest recommended setting. Right now I have in flexi rods to get some body cuz its just laying flatn

Maybe for maintenance until the next application, I will twist while wet then sit under the dryer. Might dust off th curl formers too.

Curious to see next wash if my curl pattern is looser but tightens up until next application in 6 weeks

Chime on yt had this done and she got damage and she's wl. I am afraid to even go near it.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Chime on yt had this done and she got damage and she's wl. I am afraid to even go near it.
You got a link? Im sincerely curious to see. So far my hair is fine. I ironed at 320. I had full shrinkage back after that wash. I was worried it didnt take but was good to go after a 300o flat iron.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My blow dryer is here! I'm either going to wash my hair this evening or in the morning. I'm afraid to use the fine tooth comb or brush attachments, but I can use the wide tooth comb attachment with no problems.

Britt

My blow dryer is here! I'm either going to wash my hair this evening or in the morning. I'm afraid to use the fine tooth comb or brush attachments, but I can use the wide tooth comb attachment with no problems.

I use that Conair blow dryer with the wider tooth comb. Gets my hair blow dried pretty quickly.