Straight Hair Natural's Support Thread

curlyTisME

My scalp has been on fire lately. What should I use that won’t cause buildup or make my roots revert. It feels dirty and inflamed almost.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Yes finally someone interested in these things too! It sounds really good. What brand are you looking into? I'm getting the salvetore premium blue gold
I looked at that one too. It isn't available for sale yet right? We can go half on a bottle if you want :)

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I looked at that one too. It isn't available for sale yet right? We can go half on a bottle if you want :)

No it's on the market it's just crazy expensive. I found it cheapest for like 175 for the liters but I was quoted 99 buying it directly from the company.

It would be great if we split it especially if I can get the direct price. There is no way I'll use it all. I'll keep you posted on that

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I usually use my Babyliss Pro Titanium flat iron, but something told me to use my Remington wet/dry iron today. My hair is bone straight, light, bouncy and I was able to get the roots without burning my scalp (thanks to the curved plates). My $20 Remington shuts down all the other irons. I'm hooked on the wet/dry iron until further notice.

I didn't use it on wet or damp hair though...I blow dried my hair prior to straightening it. Heat protectant: Kerastase Nectar Thermique.

Jace032000

Depends on what your hair needs and why you are using it? If you are doing a color process you add step 1 to your color followed by step 2. Step 3 is the at home maintenance. If you are using because of damaged hair depends on where you are in the repair process. When I first started using it I was trying to help my heat damaged curls return. For 3 months I used steps 1 and 2 bi-weekly. Once I started to see the health of my hair return I used step 3 for maintenance at least monthly. I've found that for regular care as part of my regimen step 2 is my favorite and I use that now instead of step 3. I only use step one now when I color my grays. I would however use it again if my hair was damaged again. For me it was a game changer for my hair. HTH!

Do you notice reversion when you are using no 3?

hothair

So finally srraightened my hair after a long while not sure I've straightenend this year.

I used the straightening comb like this one it got my hair nowhere near bone straight but I was happy to see fulness and my ends were nowhere near as busted as I expected.

I want to straighten periodically maybe 1ce or 2ce a month but reversion is real with my hair so thinking of going back to BKT

I also bleached my hair and added those blue rinse things

http://spt3lWG_ll8z7M as well as using JPlex - similar to olaplex (during the bleaching phase).

Any ladies still bkt? What are good brands?

BeautifulRoots

Lately I've been doing more intense workouts with a personal trainer and I have been wearing this headband https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01I4JN5H8/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and my hair is 2 weeks old and still straight. I put my hair in a high bun with an Invisibobble and keep it on until an hour or so after my workout. My hair still looks great. I keep my hair fresh smelling by using dry shampoo at the roots.

Thanks for the tips! What is the name of the dry shampoo you're using?

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Finally found the strength and energy within my soul to flatiron my hair.

Recently purchased a FHI flatiron since I like the blow dryer (also FHI) so much. It’s the tourmaline/ceramic 1.75”. I like it a lot, it has a very smooth glide and I kept the temp between 350 and 370. My hair has a lot of movement and feels silky smooth. Need to find a light leave in spray that works well with heat. I like the Biotera one from sally bs but it takes much longer to dry my hair when I use it. I think I either use too much or it’s a little too heavy. If my hair seems shorter, it’s because it is :lol: I cut it back in October I think. I have a hair cutting problem, apparently.

A0C1DE6F-4754-409A-8C61-A2EAB6EF9EB3.jpeg
B17B901D-39B1-41A5-B88E-07FFB75110D3.jpeg
45520A0F-36B9-4AE0-8D10-625DD1364398.jpeg
FDAE81C5-EDDD-4528-8E28-668197A66AD7.jpeg

Babysaffy

Finally found the strength and energy within my soul to flatiron my hair.

Recently purchased a FHI flatiron since I like the blow dryer (also FHI) so much. It’s the tourmaline/ceramic 1.75”. I like it a lot, it has a very smooth glide and I kept the temp between 350 and 370. My hair has a lot of movement and feels silky smooth. Need to find a light leave in spray that works well with heat. I like the Biotera one from sally bs but it takes much longer to dry my hair when I use it. I think I either use too much or it’s a little too heavy. If my hair seems shorter, it’s because it is :lol: I cut it back in October I think. I have a hair cutting problem, apparently.

View attachment 420582
View attachment 420584
View attachment 420586
View attachment 420588
It looks luscious!! Well done!

shtow

Been using the round brush lately to blow dry before flat ironing. Get the hair much straighter but goodness it takes for.ev.er.

Oh yeah, I also recently made it to the year mark of transitioning. *sings* never would have maddddddeeee it. Never would have made it without my babyliss.

Bountiful7788

I like to wear my hair straight as well. Leaving it natural takes up too much time. When it gets longer I do plan on leaving it in its natural state though.

Evolving78

I’m parking in here! I decided this is the direction I’m going. I’m thinking of getting the Design Essentials STS Express treatment. If I get it, it will be when my new growth starts kicking my butt.
Right now, I’m working on building my hair up and getting moisture back into it.

douglala

How do you keep your hair smelling great as the weeks go on??

I’ve been natural 7 years but finally giving in to the fact that straight hair just frames my face better.

Luckily I can easily get my hair relaxer straight and it doesn’t revert for a solid 3 weeks.

Problem is after the first week my hair doesn’t smell bad but it doesn’t have that nice freshly washed scent that I like. What are you guys doing to keep your hair smelling great. Especially during close snuggles with the SO/DH etc.

Especially since we are limited to non water based products??

Evolving78

Been using the round brush lately to blow dry before flat ironing. Get the hair much straighter but goodness it takes for.ev.er.

Oh yeah, I also recently made it to the year mark of transitioning. *sings* never would have maddddddeeee it. Never would have made it without my babyliss.
What is your texture like and your washing routine? I have fine 4a medium-high density hair with straight relaxed ends. I’m trying to figure out a routine that won’t cause much breakage in the long run.

shtow

What is your texture like and your washing routine? I have fine 4a medium-high density hair with straight relaxed ends. I’m trying to figure out a routine that won’t cause much breakage in the long run.

Idk my texture exactly lol I asked my sister who is into natural hair and she says 4 a/b with some 3c thrown in there. My hair is very thick. I’m attahing a pic of my hair when I was 8 months post. It was washed and conditioned and I think I had applied sabino moisture block.

Here’s my routine:
1. Shampoo with selsun blue moisturizing formula using a shampoo brush (I have seborrheic dermatitis).
2. Condition with KeraCare thermal care prepoo for 10-15 minutes with a shower cap in shower.
3. Apply either one n only Argan Oil treatment, sabino moisture block, or Fantasia heat protecting spray. The Argan Oil is my favorite and most moisturizing. The spray is the lightest. Comb through with a wide toothed comb.
4. Blow dry using either comb attachment or round brush. The round brush gives a straighter blow dry.
5. Flat iron using the babyliss digital on 410. I either brush or comb chase.

From steps 2-5 I do everything in 4 sections and divide those sections into smaller ones as needed. My hair stays straight for weeks. HTH!

Attachments

• 2A6D4D84-2B0B-42D7-8AFB-3323C00846AE.jpeg
    2A6D4D84-2B0B-42D7-8AFB-3323C00846AE.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 99

shtow

@shtow
Thank you and wow your hair! And it looks like everything is intact!
Thank you! I haven’t suffered any breakage (at least no more than I did when I was relaxing) and no heat damage. I straightened my sisters hair and she didn’t have any heat damage either, but she did years ago when she went to the salon.