Super Grow Out Challenge 2005

Tai

I am definitely in. :)

I'm committed to continuing doing the things that have been working for me. I'm also going to try sticking to absolutely no direct heat in 2005 period. I also would love to find another transitioning hair buddy with my hair type.

keylargo

I'm in. I love the idea of focusing on retaining length rather then how much growth you get per month. I will work on being more consistent with my regimen and further reducing direct heat usage.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Everyone who has signed up to participate is listed below. I will update with new participants as needed.

Rushgirl
Dangerouslyshy
Erica78
Poohbear
Zanibardotcom
Delightfulflame
Mochalolita
Mrslee
Divine
Chicomorena
Reformatio
Whipeffectz1
Alee
Lveurslf
Nappyme
Chaya
Chocolat79
Good2uuuu
Daughter
Pink Flower
Val1212
Lynxdiva
Camille429
Kinikini2
Hairlover
Alliyah4eva203
Msincognito
Tai
Keylargo
Bronzehair
Natalie76
Onepraying
CharUK
Dreessold
Corbins
Tigerlily
SandySea
Bocagirl
Valerie
Simplycee
Syoulee1
Redeemed56
Covagirlm
Destinee
Ballet Bun
GinaG
LadyChe
Tene
Desperategirlie34
SplashAtl
Boadicea
LadyR
Chipmunk
SexyC
Softresses
Candibaby
Tess1913
Chichikinks
Laketta
BklynHeart
Cece22
Melodee
Kengne
Maibabie
Mz Complexity
Vikkisecret
Sapphire
Alli77
Skegeesmb

Ms Kenesha

Ladies, I am so excited and it seems like you all are too!!

Let's get growing!!

Last edited:

Natalie76

I'm in! I'll be wearing protective styles for the whole year. I'll also stop being lazy and get myself a Fotki album. Pics are soon to come.

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
I'm definitely in!

I'm still transitioning with braids.

But I will commit to:

Washing my braids more often

Moisturizing my hair with my own spritz

measuring my natural hair every 2 months and checking the condition of my permed ends, if they are split, i'll trim, if not, i'll leave them alone.

x

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
I agree with Allandra, this is a great thread!

Count me in!

I've already set up my Fotki to do this(I'll just change the name)
I've finally found the products that work for my hair.

For 2005:

Eat healthier
NO CUT NO TRIM nothing like that for life!
Minimal direct heat
Touch-up every 13 weeks(3 months)
Pay attention to my hair's health and well-being

~op~

dreemssold

Great thread--count me in, also, DSD! I am going to:

1. Stick to my new vitamin regimen, which I will be starting in the second week of January (the date I will be out of my current vitamin stock).
2. Continue not to use direct heat, aside from occasionally having my roots blown out.
3. Remain on the bun challenge, doing the baggie method at least 5 days a week.
4. Stretch relaxers for 12 weeks, therefore, getting only 4 touchups in 2005.
5. Surge twice a day everyday for at least one week a month.

CORBINS

I am definately going to join this challenge.
I have had the same regime since I had my BC back in Sept.
1. Super Hair Energizers, One Source, Calcuim, Borage, Fish and Flax seed oils.
2. Braids on and off
3. No-poo
4. Add lemon oil and peppermint oil to CW to cleanse scalp.
5. New staple product: African Shea Butter Company's Coconut Cream Oil.

SandySea

I'm in too. I've already committed to wearing braids through the end of May. My goal is 20" by my b-day (July 5). After the braids I will be entering the hospital as a med student, so I want to look more "conservative" until I get a feel for the environment. My trademark up-do's will probably be my protective style. Even though 20" is my goal, I'm not going to stop growing my hair when I get there. But I'll wait to set my next goal.

Good luck gals!

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
DSD count me in too! I'm so close to bra strap yet it seems so far away. My focus in 2005 is to maintain length.

-I'm continuing on the bun and baggie challenges.
-I'm sticking to touching up every 12 weeks using cornrows at week 8 to get me through.
-Since I'm on den1's no measuring challenge I will take pics on the 1st of each month to mark my progress but avoid the measuring tape.
-Continue my vitamin and hair regimins since they have been working well for me.

Im in!!

I am going to
1. Continue surging twice a day, co washing 3x a week and using wgo
2. braids....not sure yet
3. Im thinking about transitioning but if I dont I will only be relaxing my hair every 4 months

B

ballet_bun

I'm in!!! I was ATTEMPTING to work out the kinks in my regimen last night. So it will probably be easy for me to be consistent this year... :yay:

Hmmmm DSD ... does being consistent mean we can't try new products , and we have to tame the PJ within us ... :lol:

BB

G

GinaG

You can count me in too. I will be taking my weave out in a few days so I'll take pics and use that as my starting point. I'm excited to see my own hair again! I'm growing it all out natural. Silly me I relaxed the front of my hair to blend in with a weave but I won't be relaxing it again. I am staying away from chemicals.

I'm armed with good products, but I need to also make sure that i'm nice and healthy!!

LadyChe

I'm IN!

Goals for 2005:
1) Find a way NOT to be busy every hour of the day.
2) Consistency on Vitamin regimen - I may try the liquid versions, I hear they're 30-40% more effective than pills...
3) Protective styling - hmmm, I may have to jump on the Oprah bandwagon and get a cute curly sew in. I am LOVING her hair right now.
4) Consistent products - awww heck. That's NEVER going to happen. How about I just say no new products until 2005? (10 days, LAWD give me strength!!!)

dejaomare

I'm in but I"m only going to be measuring until after April though since i'm on the no measuring challenge like erica ...but I will take a few pics.
I'm going to continue my same regiment that I started a couple of months ago (Nexuss products, surge products, ORS and mango butter and plastic cap @ night). I were a protective style during the day

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
ballet_bun said:
I'm in!!! I was ATTEMPTING to work out the kinks in my regimen last night. So it will probably be easy for me to be consistent this year... :yay:

Hmmmm DSD ... does being consistent mean we can't try new products , and we have to tame the PJ within us ... :lol:

BB
That's fine as long as you stick to your basic regemin. :)

Welcome everyone! I have added you all the the list of participants!!

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Count me in.

Hoping to get to shoulder by the end of 2005 with rollersets and proctective phony buns/tails. I have also started wearing plastic cap at night for some of the night for moisture

SexyC

Count me in to !! I'm a newbie here and this will be my first challenge and I know it will be lots of fun. I'll probabally start the year out with braids and other protective syles until the end of spring.LOL
Happy hair growing!!