Super Grow Out Challenge 2005

candibaby

I'm in! I want to continue to gain at least .5/.75" a month. I hope to gain 7 inches in the next year. I should be getting a digital camera for Christmas, so I'll have before pictures soon!

I will be sticking to my current vitamin regimen, adding maybe only EPO. I will be surging and wearing protective styles more often. I'm going to continue sticking to the same regimen I have now.

tess1913

Count me in. I am sooooo ready for this challenge. I need to kickstart my growth. I am trying to recoop from a bad haircut.

SilverSurfer

Please count me in. In 2005 I want thicker healthier hair and hope to add at least 5 more inches to my hair which will be a total of 6 to 8 inches, hopefully enough for a Bad Afro Puff.
I will commnit to:
**NO BRAIDS with extension hair in 2005.
**No cuts or trims unless ABSOLUTELY neccessary. Absolutely NO Heat
**Wash/Co Wash every week (Suave Humectress)
**Clarify and deep condition once a month (ACV, Mayo with Olive Oil)
**Wear hair in natural styles (twists, braids, twistouts, braids outs, comb/finger coils or afro).
**Mostly use these products (Surge, Rosemary EO, SheaButter, WGO, Castor or Olive Oil)
**Do the baggie method twice a week and hair massages 3 to 4 times a week

Last edited:

BklynHeart

oooh, I'm in! I will try to cut down on the coffee, drink decafe if necessary, drink more water, and eat more fruit.

melodee

Thanks DSD, I will gladly join the challenge. Since beginning the Winter Water Challenge, I've decided that this should be incorporated into my 2005 regimen.

I'm glad you mentioned that we won't focus on trying to get an inch per month. Because, honestly, for alot of us it won't happen. Sometimes, I get a little discouraged because i see some of you beauties with super growing follicles like Carlie, Kenesha, and on and on. My little follicles are like engines that could. They may not be the speediest things on the planet, but they keep on chugging along. Over the past year I made about 6 inches in growth. That's normal, but the key is retaining that stuff. So yes, I'm in, I'm in, I'm in...naturally.

I will:
Drink more water

Keep my hair in protective styles at least 3/4 of the time. (gotta wear it out on special occasions and to let em know I'm doing this thang). I will be in braids at least five months this year.

Co wash 3 x a week and airdry when the temp is 70 degrees or above.

Stretch my touch ups to 3 times a year or less.

Take my vits religiously.

Not trim over 1/2 at a time. Now that I'm blunted those inch+trim sittings are over.

TAKE PICs and make a decent album to record my progress. I'm so lazy!

divine

WhipEffectz1 said:
Divine:
"5 find a man ( don't know how this one got here)"

Ha, that's some funny stuff!

Well girls this what I am hoping for:

1. at least six inches of growth
2. thicker healthier hair
3. Be able to keep my routine going with all the vitamins, shakes, and execise plus the proper hair maintence.

same goal except my hair is thick enough...
no more

lovelyme

i'm in, i just did the big chop so i have yet to find a regime but i should sometime soon, i'll also take monthly photo updates for progress:)

Miz_Complexity

Count me in I am also participating in my Crown and Glory Challenge for 2005 as well.
Starting out Length
Bang 5''
Temple to beind ear 7''
Behing ear to top of Nape area 8''
Back Kitchen 3''

Thank You DSD you have been helpful in welcoming the new comers to the forum.

Last edited:

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
You can definently count me in for this challenge! It will keep from having lazy spells with my hair and actually put up my fotki album for viewing.

Sapphire

kinks n curls girl
Count me in! My goal is Brastrap by 12/05. However, seeing that I'm only slightly past shoulder length right now, I think I might be pushing it.
Oh well, as long as I gain/retain some length it's all good.
I'm still working on a consistent regimen, but I do plan on comitting to journaling so that I can keep track of what I do to my hair.

ETA: I have a FOTKI album but its been a couple months since I updated. I'll wait until after the challenge starts to update it and put the link in my siggy. ;)

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

I'm tagging along! I'll be doing the crown & glory method all year and when I'm out of braides I will do my braidouts/twistouts. I will be taking vitamins and doing my protective styles (buns), most importantly I will try not to texturize my hair since I'm going on a serious challenge.

skegeesmb

I'm in. This year, I will try to keep doing the same thing I'm doing now. More rollersets, I've done good with that. I'm going to trim sometime this year. I am going to take my vits more consistently than I did this year.

And I will take pictures every six months for the new year. I haven't done a good job this year, but hopefully hubby will be getting me the digital camera for X-mas.

ms_kenesha

I'm in & I'm only going to make a regime that I KNOW I can stick with.

• Wash or con-wash at least once a week
  • Protein condition at least once a month
  • Relax every 9-12 weeks
  • Limit direct heat
  • Excercise 3xs a week for 30 minutes
  • Drink at least 8oz. of water a day *don't laugh I usu. drink ZERO* :lol:
  • Take a monthly comparison pic starting January 1st.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome ladies! I am glad you guys are responding to this challenge. We are here to keep each other motivated to reach our goals.

A lot of you have said thank you for not making this a challenge that concentrates on a certain amount of growth per month. I think it will be better this way because everyone can set their own goals.

Just concentrate on keeping your hair healthy and it will flourish!!

Good Luck to you all!! HHG

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I will posting my starting pics in my album sometime after Christmas.

I hope to retain as much length as possible by continuing what I have been doing all along, daily co washes and the baggie technique. These have never failed for me.

Right now my hair in approximately 18 inches from hairline to ends. I am hoping to be at or near brastrap by the end of this year.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Miz_Complexity said:
Count me in I am also participating in my Crown and Glory Challenge for 2005 as well.

Thank You DSD you have been helpful in welcoming the new comers to the forum.
Glad to have you!! :)

The crown and glory method is great. I used it to get to where I am now!!

Good Luck!

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I'm so in for this challenge! I planning a better life challenge for myself so this is just a step in the new direction

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Participants so far. I will update as needed.:cool:

Alee
Alli77
Alliyah4eva203
Ballet Bun
BklynHeart
Boadicea
Bocagirl
Bronzehair
Camille429
Candibaby
Cece22
CharUK
Chaya
Chichikinks
Chicomorena
Chipmunk
Chocolat79
Corbins
Covagirlm
Dangerouslyshy
Daughter
Delightfulflame
Desperategirlie34
Destinee
Dion
Divine
Dreessold
Erica78
GinaG
Good2uuuu
Hairlover
Kengne
Keylargo
Kinikini2
LadyChe
LadyR
Laketta
Lveurslf
Lynxdiva
Maibabie
Melodee
Mochalolita
Mrslee
Ms Kenesha
Msincognito
Mz Complexity
Nappyme
Natalie76
Onepraying
Pink Flower
Poohbear
Redeemed56
Reformatio
Rushgirl
SandySea
Sapphire
SexyC
Simplycee
Skegeesmb
Softresses
SplashAtl
Syoulee1
Tai
Tene
Tess1913
Tigerlily
Val1212
Valerie
Vikkisecret
Wildchild543
Whipeffectz1
Zanibardotcom

Added as of 12/21/04 9:30 pm

Bkmaryland
Carameldlite
Divastate
Eboniefaerie
Flowerhair
LeslieC
Lili
Mighty Isis
Shariracquel
Southern Girl

Added as of 12/22/04

AllAboutTheHair
Angel54
Blackcardinal
Chakira
Cutebajangirl
Dolapo
Ehj
Growingitlong
Hiza
Hottopic
Ishevonne
Keen
MeccaMedinah
MzJones
Naptrl
Needmyhairtogrow
NurseN98
Nymphe
RachelL
Sky83

Added as of 12/23/04

Jaded Faerie
Londondiva
MelsWifey
NewYorkgryl
NGC

Stacy
Tamala

Added as of 12/24/04

Ayeshia
Cincysweetie
DatJerseyDyme
Hotshot
Love2praz
Princess4real

Added as of 12/26/04

Kammie
Joi
Topazz

Added as of 12/27/04

AudreyChanell
Genesis
Mahogany329
Singingstar
SVT
Nyrican
Luvlonghair

Added as of 12/28/04

BahamaMama
Itismehmmkay
Paperdoll
Sweetcakes14

Added as of 12/29/04

AngelK316
Belleza
Caramel
Caramelty
LadyZ
Lovelymissyoli
Shawniegee
Sugaplum

Added as of 12/31/04

19sweetie
Babygurl
Kedra70
Mariaat40
MegonW
Oglorious1
OneBlessedRN

Last edited:
I think I want to try this challenge myself.... I'm getting a digicam this week so I'll be able to post my starting point for my hair....

now all i have to do is figure out a regime... and protective styles, which are going to be hard for me since I love to wear my hair out.

DangerouslyShy

I have begun being lazy not taking my vitamins or surging twice a day i have only been doing it once...

here is my regime Im going to stick with

1. Drink lots of water, take my vitamins and exercise
2. Wear sewin weaves for protective styling...
3. wash my hair with shampoo once a month/ co wash every 3 days... (elucence products)
4. SURGE SURGE AND MORE SURGE...with a touch of wildgrowth hair oil..
5. Biotin creme on my scalp daily
6. Dudleys pca, shea butter and jojoba oils will be my main moisturizers...
7. Texturize every 3-4 months...this is going to be hard because i used to relax every month...
8. NO HEAT!!!! unless Im measuring...
9. Just keep my hands out of my hair NO MANIPULATION!!!

We are going to have to help each other stick to our regime and our challenge!! I KNOW I WILL NEED HELP and ENCOURAGEMENT!!!loooool

blkmaryland

Count me in....I'm transitioning...my last relaxer was 10/04/04 Want to grow and maintain 7 inches by Dec 2005.....

1. Modified version of Bargello's Vitamin Regime
2. 2 litres of Water a day
3. 2 whey protein shakes a day
4. Baggie/bun method definately mon-fri
5. No heat
6. Moisture, Moisture, Moisture--some sort of combination of water, almond oil, jojoba oil, shea butter, S-curl, not necessarily used at the same time.
7. Silk scarves and pillow case
8. Curves at least 3x per week

eboniefaerie

Chodh Diya
I'm in !!
My very first challenge, how wonderful!
I definitely need this especially since I'm getting at least 3 in. chopped off tonight.
Now all I need is a regimen...

LiLi

I would like to join this challenge as well. I already have a routine that I have been sticking to so this will encourage me to stay with it for next year as well. I took pictures the beginning of this month but I will take more on Jan. 1st.