TAILBONE LENGTH CHALLENGE 2010

MrsIQ

Too long for WL, HL is here and just waiting for everything to play a little catch-up, Classic is just too darned far ahead for me to consider ATM so if you ladies don't mind, I'm going to join in the TBL waiting room for a few months or a year :grin:

Hope you all don't mind?

Straightened Monday and put it in braids for a braid out:

LynnieB, Ima steal your hair when you ain't looking!!!
I have got to stop visiting these super long hair challenge threads!:wallbash:

(chanting in my Stepford wife voice) WSL is my goal. When I get to WSL, I'll just maintain.

Stop tempting me with yall's pretty, super long hair!!!!!

LaReyna756

I got a big trim today.:look: Stylist took off about 5 inches. I was going to try to wait until the end of the year, but maybe do a small trim until then, but my ends have just been getting worse. I won't be hitting tailbone at the end of this year, but my hair looks 100% better and my ends will be easier to maintain. :thatsall: Still working towards hip length!

Lucia

I got a big trim today.:look: Stylist took off about 5 inches. I was going to try to wait until the end of the year, but maybe do a small trim until then, but my ends have just been getting worse. I won't be hitting tailbone at the end of this year, but my hair looks 100% better and my ends will be easier to maintain. :thatsall: Still working towards hip length!

:whyme:
OH no you were so close but now you have fresh ends, keep them tucked away and keep going to TL.

yamilee21

so you've seen my ends!:lachen: their mine and i'm keeping em:grin:

:lol: I'm stick with Lucia's very wise words in the HL challenge thread... "Don't worry about the "thin ends" those are your lead hairs shooting out in front first."

I posted a length check picture update in the CL challenge thread, but since I joined this one hoping to see my tailbone length hairs thicken up, I think the only way to see real progress in that area would be by straightening. It's been 85+ degrees here every day for almost two months now, so straightening is not going to happen anytime soon, :lol:.

:lol: I'm stick with Lucia's very wise words in the HL challenge thread... "Don't worry about the "thin ends" those are your lead hairs shooting out in front first."

I posted a length check picture update in the CL challenge thread, but since I joined this one hoping to see my tailbone length hairs thicken up, I think the only way to see real progress in that area would be by straightening. It's been 85+ degrees here every day for almost two months now, so straightening is not going to happen anytime soon, :lol:.

SCARED TO STRAIGHTEN TRYNA GIVE THEM ENDS A FIGHTING CHANCE:yep: I WAS GONNA CHECK IN NOVEMBER BUT I MIGHT STRAIGHTEN FOR A FEW DAYS IN SEPTEMBER, CHURCH CONFERENCE COMING UP. MIGHT JUST PENTECOSTAL POUF THOUGH.:grin:

Lucia

I won't make TL for 2010 but I will get there 1 day I'm just concentrating on length for the new year my hairs evened up since my trim last month and I'm still MBL

Mz.MoMo5235

if tl is your crackin... then i wont make it this year either lol i still have like 2 inches and that wont happen in 20+ days

Irresistible

Alrighty ladies :Rose:

I'm checking into this thread bowing my head in shame. I chopped my hair and I do mean chopped, I have an issue , I did the same thing back in 05 , when I feel my hair too much I don't like how it feels and I chop, I think I just might have an obsession for the feeling of 'fresh' ends. This does not bother me when my hair is wet , only when dry, it can happen either natural or pressed. It was a series of mini chops , when I was finished, I was just below bra strap-I do know for a fact it was just barely back at four scrunchies again (I had got to six and was at hip length when I started this thread)

I have to go through the thread again but big Congratulations to all the ladies that reached their goals or will before 1/1/2011. :yahoo:

For me, I am just not sure, I know that I thankfully have grown my hair back to where it was prior to the chopping, It might be a little longer now but as of this moment not sure if I am reaching tailbone, maybe some stray ends by some miracle lol, but will have to check with a stretch pic later. Sorry I wasnt around this whole year.....lots and lots of changes in my life, major ones, also didn't want to talk about all that chopping I did, let alone think about it, so I just kept my hair off my mind

anyway here is the last pic and only pic I took since I chopped, I took it because it grew back , I could tell by the count of scrunchies :lol:

excuse the bed I had just moved when I took this

Irresistible

Ok ladies I got you all signed up! with ur names on the first post! anyone else wanna join just let me know!

Thank u for all the well wishes......whew that was rough. I am much better now :dance7:

Ok so , ladies please post your plans to grow to TBL for 2010

I will be praying I can stick to no heat all year like last year :pray: and staying on top of my own challenge .....which is......'do your hair before you lose your hair' :giggle: and also vitamins , every day <<<gonna make sure I stay on top of that, cause I sometimes get too lax with it. not this year!!!

also ladies post your starting pic if you can asap

here is mine!

Hosted on Fotki

WE CAN DO THIS LADIES!!! :woot:

MY HAIR BETTER GROW! LOL
looking at these two pics side by side, and I just seen this last pic I took , from the first page of the thread, compared to the newest pic, it might have grown some past where I was actually, it's hard to tell for sure but I think I see it....

Lucia

Alrighty ladies :Rose:

I'm checking into this thread bowing my head in shame. I chopped my hair and I do mean chopped, I have an issue , I did the same thing back in 05 , when I feel my hair too much I don't like how it feels and I chop, I think I just might have an obsession for the feeling of 'fresh' ends. This does not bother me when my hair is wet , only when dry, it can happen either natural or pressed. It was a series of mini chops , when I was finished, I was just below bra strap-I do know for a fact it was just barely back at four scrunchies again (I had got to six and was at hip length when I started this thread)

I have to go through the thread again but big Congratulations to all the ladies that reached their goals or will before 1/1/2011. :yahoo:

For me, I am just not sure, I know that I thankfully have grown my hair back to where it was prior to the chopping, It might be a little longer now but as of this moment not sure if I am reaching tailbone, maybe some stray ends by some miracle lol, but will have to check with a stretch pic later. Sorry I wasnt around this whole year.....lots and lots of changes in my life, major ones, also didn't want to talk about all that chopping I did, let alone think about it, so I just kept my hair off my mind

anyway here is the last pic and only pic I took since I chopped, I took it because it grew back , I could tell by the count of scrunchies :lol:

excuse the bed I had just moved when I took this

:wave: Hi Irris,
great to see you're back. WOW now that's a horsetail :thud: you chopped to MBL it and it came back longer than before I'm speechless. Congratz that kind of puts you in the fast grower max length retainer category. But you could have been passed TL by now, please put down the shears and step away from them.
Are you still following your same reggie? TIA

Last edited:

Irresistible

:wave: Hi Irris,
great to see you're back. WOW now that's a horsetail :thud: you chopped to MBL it and it came back longer than before I'm speechless. Congratz that kind of puts you in the fast grower max length retainer category. But you could have been passed TL by now, please put down the shears and step away from them.
Are you still following your same reggie? TIA
Lucia, :kiss: if this wasnt YOU who knows me and knows I always document all hair changes/issues and what not, I know it sounds crazy. It grew back like it did in 2005 (I think back in then it was back in 6 months and did have pics) just took a lil longer, I did figure I have major retention after this cut, to boot I just started in my relationship (now engaged) but was chopping the whole first months we were together, I did it so much so fast he didnt remember my hair, pressed being this long or natural this long, I know cause we talked about it, it just made me miss my hair more. was shocked he didnt remember, irked me to be honest:lachen: I did pull out pics on him too:spinning::drunk: after I got mad :censored: :lachen: I know he probably thought I was certified right then :grin: But then I was asking him for his good sheers all the time .....duh.....:yawn: he has been warned not to listen to me again when I get on one like that again. I don't know if my hair would have been TBL now, cause to me it seems to speed up when I cut then slow down then I just get the 'longish' ends. I know its not 'hair logical' but it does seem to do that

far as my Reggie, I think I pretty much do the same, which ain't much I don't even remember exactly what I was doing when I last posted my Reggie :lol:

I did see a post where someone said to me I had the perfect protective style , I have to agree, when I thought about it, I do only every two weeks, taking it down and oiling it only with coconut oil in between then its back in the 'wrapped with scruchies' pony tail, so it doesnt have a chance to not retain. I am sticking with Cowashing Only, or rinsing Only, applying my Coconut oil and conditioner , (remember I 'seal' my Coconut oil with conditioner:lachen:)Usually Aveda, or VS So sexy (when I want the scents of those conditioners) , or one of any of the Organix , but girl basically I barely do my hair :look: , daily I just oil/wet with conditioner my top/edges and brush them down and re adjust/tighten the top scrunchie or add another one around the top. Thats it , I have a boring hair life :yawn:

eta: the last vid I did was with pressed hair was one of our first dates, and I chopped from that night on, repeatedly. I did analyze myself as to why and I know I just don't like anything but fresh ends, it's been an issue for me for a while-4ever-as you know-I can never let the long ends lead the way (Chicoro and you almost had me cured tho):lachen:

Last edited:

Lucia

Lucia, :kiss: if this wasnt YOU who knows me and knows I always document all hair changes/issues and what not, I know it sounds crazy. It grew back like it did in 2005 (I think back in then it was back in 6 months and did have pics) just took a lil longer, I did figure I have major retention after this cut, to boot I just started in my relationship (now engaged) but was chopping the whole first months we were together, I did it so much so fast he didnt remember my hair, pressed being this long or natural this long, I know cause we talked about it, it just made me miss my hair more. was shocked he didnt remember, irked me to be honest:lachen: I did pull out pics on him too:spinning::drunk: after I got mad :censored: :lachen: I know he probably thought I was certified right then :grin: But then I was asking him for his good sheers all the time .....duh.....:yawn: he has been warned not to listen to me again when I get on one like that again. I don't know if my hair would have been TBL now, cause to me it seems to speed up when I cut then slow down then I just get the 'longish' ends. I know its not 'hair logical' but it does seem to do that

far as my Reggie, I think I pretty much do the same, which ain't much I don't even remember exactly what I was doing when I last posted my Reggie :lol:

I did see a post where someone said to me I had the perfect protective style , I have to agree, when I thought about it, I do only every two weeks, taking it down and oiling it only with coconut oil in between then its back in the 'wrapped with scruchies' pony tail, so it doesnt have a chance to not retain. I am sticking with Cowashing Only, or rinsing Only, applying my Coconut oil and conditioner , (remember I 'seal' my Coconut oil with conditioner:lachen:)Usually Aveda, or VS So sexy (when I want the scents of those conditioners) , or one of any of the Organix , but girl basically I barely do my hair :look: , daily I just oil/wet with conditioner my top/edges and brush them down and re adjust/tighten the top scrunchie or add another one around the top. Thats it , I have a boring hair life :yawn:

eta: the last vid I did was with pressed hair was one of our first dates, and I chopped from that night on, repeatedly. I did analyze myself as to why and I know I just don't like anything but fresh ends, it's been an issue for me for a while-4ever-as you know-I can never let the long ends lead the way (Chicoro and you almost had me cured tho):lachen:

Well congratz on the engagement, you deserve to be happy. :yay:

Maybe since you love to have fresh ends you should do mini-trims 0.25-1 inch every 4-6 months or so that would fix the itch to cut and you wouldn't cut so much off.
With all that said if you haven't caught up on the threads yet I'm still MBL b/c I've been seriously trimming this year last trim was Nov, a couple of times and not just dusting I trim 1-3 inches at a time and would have def been HL by now. but now my hairs evened up. I'm taking my own advice and stepping away from the shears. Hopefully I'll get a growth spurt to replace what I've cut.

Last edited:

Irresistible

Well congratz on the engagement, you deserve to be happy. :yay:
Maybe since you love to have fresh ends you should do mini-trims 0.25-1 inch every 4-6 months or so that would fix the itch to cut and you wouldn't cut so much off.
With all that said if you haven't caught up on the threads yet I'm still MBL b/c I've been seriously trimming this year last trim was Nov, a couple of times and not just dusting I trim 1-3 inches at a time and would have def been HL by now. but now my hairs evened up. I'm taking my own advice and stepping away from the shears. Hopefully I'll get a growth spurt to replace what I've cut.
omg Lucia was it contagious? :lol: I'm shocked, no I had not got caught up yet, I'm glad you told me , might take me some time to get all caught up, but wanted to tell you I truly do believe in growth spurts after trimming , like I said it might not be logical, other than retention , but it works, I do believe you will see the growth that you hope for, I can't wait to see :woot:

Far as the engagement, ahhh he's a man , a good one but nevertheless a pain in the arse like any man, 'Happy' is relative and comes from inside :look: that sounds about right:lachen:

BostonMaria

Hey Irresistible! Where have you been hiding? Welcome back! And contests on your engagement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucia

omg Lucia was it contagious? :lol: I'm shocked, no I had not got caught up yet, I'm glad you told me , might take me some time to get all caught up, but wanted to tell you I truly do believe in growth spurts after trimming , like I said it might not be logical, other than retention , but it works, I do believe you will see the growth that you hope for, I can't wait to see :woot:

Far as the engagement, ahhh he's a man , a good one but nevertheless a pain in the arse like any man, 'Happy' is relative and comes from inside :look: that sounds about right:lachen:

You're hair growth is UNBEWEAVABLE j/k :lachen:
So you don't take it down @ night then what do you do?

Yeah I'm going to keep an eye on my ends but I'm not going to trim so aggressively cause I really don't have many splits and I want to retain as much as possible. I can't wait for my growth spurt to show either cause looking back on my fotki my hair would jump from one length to the next. I'm PSing 24/7 all day everyday unless I'm going out then I let it down cause wearing it down doesn't affect my retention really as long as I moisturize-my hair's full of EVOO/WGO and shea butter just buttered it and put it up. I can't wait to get to get a long thick pony down my back. :yep:

Hey well a good man is better than a bad man or no man at all and you're right you have to be happy and complete before Mr. Right comes along.

Last edited:

Irresistible

Hey Irresistible! Where have you been hiding? Welcome back! And contests on your engagement.

hey girl :bighug:

I dunno girl was just keeping my hair off my mind and had so many changes in my life like whoa, some extremely hard, some extremely good, two deaths, a move, new relationship, cutting hair etc etc.:lol:....so much stuff

Lol@ contests, iPhone auto type gets me every time

Thank you girl :kiss:

Irresistible

You're hair growth is UNBEWEABLE j/k :lachen:
So you don't take it down @ night then what do you do?

Yeah I'm going to keep an eye on my ends but I'm not going to trim so aggressively cause I really don't have many splits and I want to retain as much as possible. I can't wait for my growth spurt to show either cause looking back on my fotki my hair would jump from one length to the next. I'm PSing 24/7 all day everyday unless I'm going out then I let it down cause wearing it down doesn't affect my retention really as long as I moisturize-my hair's full of EVOO/WGO and shea butter just buttered it and put it up. I can't wait to get to get a long thick pony down my back. :yep:

Hey well a good man is better than a bad man or no man at all and you're right you have to be happy and complete before Mr. Right comes along.
you will have it girl for sure, you have the dedication for it, this i know :yep:

I wear the pony all day all night , all day all night, I can't do nothin with my hair, I can't wear my hair loose, except in the house for a short while, it's fun while it lasts :look:

It's like 'see it now' , enjoy the view, cause back up it goes.....:drunk:

well he helps me with the detangling now, he's a lil rusty, but he's definitely a work in progress with some great potential :lol:

:lachen:@unbeweavable....gurl ur funny

BostonMaria

hey girl :bighug:

I dunno girl was just keeping my hair off my mind and had so many changes in my life like whoa, some extremely hard, some extremely good, two deaths, a move, new relationship, cutting hair etc etc.:lol:....so much stuff

Lol@ contests, iPhone auto type gets me every time

Thank you girl :kiss:

Omg this stupid iPhone is always changing my words! LOL I meant to say congrats!!