TAILBONE LENGTH CHALLENGE 2010

Candy828

I think I have (had?) some scraggly ends at tailbone, but I would like to have full tailbone, instead of some pieces at waist and hip. My hair barely gained any length in 2009, so I don't know how realistic it is. I don't think I have much hope for my former bangs though, since they are only at APL; with luck maybe they can get to midback. This was my last straightened picture, but I trimmed a few of the longest bits last weekend.

Of course, the length doesn't really matter, because it's still barely APL curly when fully dry, :lol:.

I am loving your hair! :urock:

Candy828

As part of my strategy for growing longer and healthier hair, I'm going to stop using "traditional" shampoos and cleanse my hair weekly with Indian powders - Neem, Aritha, Amla, Shikakai. I also have some shampoo bars I'll try at some point.

I'm getting rid of all my shampoos except my CON - I'll use it diluted if my hair really needs it.

I used Shikakai powder for the 1st time tonight so the jury is still out. It was a bit hard to wash out but we'll see how my hair feels in the morning.

Stepping up my regime to the next level....This is what I started doing!:yep: I even use Indian hair Neem and Shikakai shampoos. Then I use the "Shikakai Ayumix Bar Soap" once a month. When using the powders try following the directions on this link: http://theantihairslave.blogspot.com/2008/02/shikakai-amla-powder-great-hair.html it makes it easier to wash out.

I follow this up with using a rotation of Indian Oils; but I still keep my carrot-tea tree oil and Africa's Best Herbal oil's in my rotation. I rotate my oils about every two weeks. Making sure the next oil starts only after a wash and condition. I do not mix the oils... The Indian oils I use are "Mahabhringaraj Maka Enriched Herbal Hair Oil", DuDHI, Amla, Brahmi, (Coconut, Castor, Almond... the Indian brands contain other Herbs essential to promoting hair growth, health, thickness, and beauty)

Then for DC once a week I mix one protien pak with 1 egg, 1/2 cup mayo, 1 tblsp lemon juice, 1 tblsp olive oil.

We will see what kind of results I get for the next length check coming up! I am hopeful!!:yep: I'd love to be able to say I'm shooting for Classic before the year is out!!!!!:grin:

The rest of my regime has not changed i.e. Exercising(walking, hiking, breathing), scalp massages, eating healthy, vitamins, and visiting my doctor for health checkups...

Last edited:

Candy828

:yep:Now here is some long hair inspiration!:lick: Browse as much of Yo's website as you can and :lovedrool::pant::love4:.......

http://www.longhairyo.com/

Enjoy!:grin:

It may be longer than most of us would like, but it is very sexy on her!:yep:

Last edited:

Candy828

This is a very useful article. I learned something new about the stages of hair from Healthy to Damaged...the possible causes and cures!

Hair Under the Microscope

From http://www.hairdressersus.com/under the microscope.asp

Quote from the article: "Hair is amazing! It can tell us our diet, state of health and our genetic makeup. It can betray us at the scene of a crime, its stronger than steel and more flexible. The average diameter of a human hair is 0.1mm thick. There are on average 100,000 of them on our heads which will live for 3-7 years on average.
Male hair is more dense and grows faster than female hair! Typical!!

Whatever our hair type we need to keep it in good condition. But how? What makes healthy shiny hair? Looking under a microscope we can see why our hair shines or doesn't as the case may be, what happens when we overuse products or over brush our hair."

I never knew excessive combing and brushing could do so much damage. I remember when I use to go to the salon.... How the beautician would comb my hair after it was washed and dried.... now that was abuse!:yep:

Candy828

I never thought about this.....

Best Dates for Beneficial Cutting, trimming, shaving, plucking your Hair.....

Anthony Morrocco Lunar Chart for hair care

By krissy90220 · January 26, 2010

From http://www.addictedtoallthingspretty.com/Anthony-Morrocco-Lunar-Chart-hair-care-7186051

Quote from the article "The Lunar Chart displays the 5 optimal dates each month for cutting and beautifying hair. Certain days are especially beneficial for a certain task and are noted on the calendar in red. In addition, there are dates each season of particular importance. Below the haircutting chart is our chart for retarding growth — the best days for shaving, plucking, and waxing."

Just Click on the link! I am finding out that the Lunar Calendar is very important to Asians....

Candy828

Here is my starting picture. The longest hairs are sticking out just past my fingers. Maybe I have a inch or inch and a half to reach Tailbone Length. But I am still working on fullness so I don't know when I will officially claim anything....

Attachments

• 20March2010.jpg
    20March2010.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 50

Lucia

I never thought about this.....

Best Dates for Beneficial Cutting, trimming, shaving, plucking your Hair.....

Anthony Morrocco Lunar Chart for hair care

By krissy90220 · January 26, 2010

From http://www.addictedtoallthingspretty.com/Anthony-Morrocco-Lunar-Chart-hair-care-7186051

Quote from the article "The Lunar Chart displays the 5 optimal dates each month for cutting and beautifying hair. Certain days are especially beneficial for a certain task and are noted on the calendar in red. In addition, there are dates each season of particular importance. Below the haircutting chart is our chart for retarding growth — the best days for shaving, plucking, and waxing."

Just Click on the link! I am finding out that the Lunar Calendar is very important to Asians....

I've been using a simple version of this, I check the lunar cycle and according to when the new to full moon is-the growth/thickness phase-that's when I trim or dust.

Last edited:

Lucia

I'm officially IN this challenge
tag me in already lol

pics in my fotki
most recent length check 1 inch above WL :woohoo:

Mz.MoMo5235

awesome lucia!!!! i'm waiting til i pass wl before i even think about joining... sheesh, i'm still struggling with whether or not i'm already wl.

SO ANXIOUS!!!!

yamilee21

Hey, Where is everyone? ...

I am still here! ...

You're funny Candy; you're the one who dragged everyone over to Classic Length Challenge Land with you, and made us all forget about Tailbone! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I still haven't bought a new camera :(, but I did figure out how to take pictures with the built-in camera on my netbook. Now I need to figure out how to get *decent* pictures with it, :lol:. I was experimenting with bantu knot outs today - I haven't done them in at least five years. Bantu knot outs and very humid weather do not mix. :nono: I did 12 knots, and I think that was too much. I am going to try to redo them with only 6-8, and hopefully get a better picture of the results tomorrow.

Lucia

I'm doing really well with the CW DC PS oiling scalp massages and I've been really lazy with my hair, like they say on LHC "benign neglect" I just do my thing then put it up and forget it. So I still haven't decided whether or not I'll straighten for the check in or just do a wet stretched pic. I haven't done any stretching or length checks on the side either I want to be surprised.

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

See Candy....THIS is where i should've been! Tryna get me to grow to Classic Length!:laugh::laugh:

I think i could reach Tailbone by the end of 2011 or beginning of 2012....but i have NO desire to go pass that!!...i really just wanna grow to Hip Length:yep::grin:

Candy828

You're funny Candy; you're the one who dragged everyone over to Classic Length Challenge Land with you, and made us all forget about Tailbone! :lachen::lachen::lachen:QUOTE]

Sorry....:grin: My update pic will be that I made TL... So technically Classic is where I should be. My hair was growing so fast I thought starting the CL thread was a good thing... Yamilee21 you are already TL so Classic is where you should be.

SmilingElephant - HL and TL are so close.... When you hit that mark and you are absolutely sure you are stopping there.... I'll remove your name from CL.

I am dealing with some personal issues right now so I will be offline for a little bit.....

Candy828

This is sort of :ot:but some of it is right on target... and I am sort of ON:eek:ffrant: .... Women hate us! and Men love us!.... I am dealing with some nasty haters at the moment!!!! Today is Monday for me and I didn't know what my day was going to be like... On Friday, these witches tried to set me up to loose my job and the script was flipped on them, thanks to prayers and discernment... I knew what to do. Of course there is a man involved and the women can't stand it!!!!! They thought if I was gone they could have him..... I tell you there are haters everywhere! They even want me to keep my hair covered or updo'd! can you believe that... It isn't even the custom in this country!....

Anyway when I came to work today, they were hiding because the script got flipped and now they are the ones being watched.... Thank God! I am sure I'll have to keep watching my back every moment of every day!

Whimsy

I'm just peeking in to drool a bit.
Maybe at the end of next year I'll be able to join the TB challenge for 2012 ;)

SmilingElephant

This is sort of :ot:but some of it is right on target... and I am sort of ON:eek:ffrant: .... Women hate us! and Men love us!.... I am dealing with some nasty haters at the moment!!!! Today is Monday for me and I didn't know what my day was going to be like... On Friday, these witches tried to set me up to loose my job and the script was flipped on them, thanks to prayers and discernment... I knew what to do. Of course there is a man involved and the women can't stand it!!!!! They thought if I was gone they could have him..... I tell you there are haters everywhere! They even want me to keep my hair covered or updo'd! can you believe that... It isn't even the custom in this country!....

Anyway when I came to work today, they were hiding because the script got flipped and now they are the ones being watched.... Thank God! I am sure I'll have to keep watching my back every moment of every day!
WOOOOOOW!!! Some women are really REALLY catty nowadays:nono:....i don't really trust females IRL anymore....you always have to have your guard up with both men AND women...its like the code of sisterhood doesn't exist anymore....but God is on your side Candy and that goes to show what a wonderful person you really are:yep: