~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Roux

Zaz I was afraid when I saw those red patches, lol but the results are great!

So, after seeing Miryouki's bc and saw that her hair looks the same length as mine I measured and my back section is CBL. which is interesting...I don't feel right claiming it though.

KurlyNinja

Hey Everybody! :wave: I've been waiting to post in here for the longest! I BC'd yesterday night and I made a thread this morning. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=535471

I'm so excited to start this journey! I havent been natural since I was 12. Which is about 9 years ago for me and at the time I wasnt the one taking care of my hair anyway so i dont remember much. I was also wondering what can do I do with my hair now? What were some styles you all did when your hair was so short? and I know I could do a puff, but I would like to try out some other things as well. Now I'm off to go drool over all these amazing pics in this thread! :lol:

Zaz

hairsothick I actually got the hilghlights because of my hennaed hair, I read that was the only way to get rid of henna was to bleach the hair. I think that's why my hair turned bright orange after the bleach. I was too chicken to bleach my whole head so I figured I'd start with highlights first and see what happens.

Roux this was my face after I saw myself :shocked: my cousin was like, you better hope you actually get the highlights you want and don't get stuck with this in between hair, I was scared too.
I think I feel the same way about claiming lengths post BC because of the uneven layers, until the crown reaches I feel weird about claiming it. :ohwell:

Miryoku congrats on the BC, your hair looks great and with one year worth of growth you have a decent amount to play with :grin: I BCed at the same time as you but I only did wash n gos for the first couple of months (that means up until last month or so :look:) but I'm stylistically challenged, you'll find plenty of ideas here though :yep:

Last edited:

ZkittyKurls

I have my hair in mini twists and i dusted the ends because i noticed when i blow dried my hair lightly the ends were still snagging and not straight like the rest of my hair. so hopefully i can start keeping up with my ends a little better. I plan on keeping them in upstyles for a while to protect the ends. but is there any other advice on how to keep my ends from getting all ragedy, preferably low maintenance?

hairsothick

Black and Magical
hairsothick I actually got the hilghlights because of my hennaed hair, I read that was the only way to get rid of henna was to bleach the hair. I think that's why my hair turned bright orange after the bleach. I was too chicken to bleach my whole head so I figured I'd start with highlights first and see what happens.
Cool! I may try this sometime this summer.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

My hair for the weekend:

Fab_Nikki

My first puff. #giggle This was after a drive from ATL to DC, so its looking a mess. I was soooo proud of my little puff. 5 months post BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roux

shingling was a disaster. won't be trying that until my hair is longer and I care to do so. turned into a successful flat twist out.

KurlyNinja

Ok. So I have this really weird patch on the front of my head thats wirey and always frizzy. All the rest of my hair is defined coils, but this patch is just weird! I dont think its 4b because if I look at the individual strands the wave pattern is the same as the rest of my hair, but none of it will clump together with the surrounding strands. :perplexed If i load it gel I will get some definition, but the curl pattern is loser than the other sections when i do this or it will just become straight with a slight bend on the end. Has anybody else experienced this??

Kenny-Ann

Ok. So I have this really weird patch on the front of my head thats wirey and always frizzy. All the rest of my hair is defined coils, but this patch is just weird! I dont think its 4b because if I look at the individual strands the wave pattern is the same as the rest of my hair, but none of it will clump together with the surrounding strands. :perplexed If i load it gel I will get some definition, but the curl pattern is loser than the other sections when i do this or it will just become straight with a slight bend on the end. Has anybody else experienced this??

My hair does the same thing except that it is all around the edges. My hair has an extremely low porosity so it really just seems that nothing gets through it. It will only act right after a hot shower, deep conditioning w/heat and leave-in.

I haven't posted in what seems like forever. I just got a new job, moved out of town and am trying to keep up with myself. I've not done anything to my hair except for co-washes everyday. I will have to treat it to a long deep conditioning treatment for being such a good girl thru the last month.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding this weekend (ceremonies on friday and saturday) so I'm getting my hair professionally straightened for the first time tomorrow. I'll post pics. I'm super nervous but I'm doing everything I can to avoid a setback. I'm doing a protein DC right now with joico K-pak reconstructor. I'll follow it with a moisture DC. I'll detangle with the tangle teezer tonight to get out all my shed hairs. I already told the stylist I would wash my own hair and come in with it wet and in twists. Tomorrow I'll cowash, use my leave-in, use some heat protectant, and put it in 12-16 twists. That way all she has to do is go twist by twist and it will already be detangled and will already have heat protectant. I think this will make things easier for myself and the stylist. I'll post up pics tomorrow

nestlequik

Yep, in the front of my hair there is a patch that is very loose, frizzy and doesn't hold a curl very well.

LouLou1355

I'm doing the BC Friday when I get off from work. I can't deal with the two textures any longer. I will post pics! I'm excited!

Fab_Nikki

So last night I colored my hair BACK to black. Loves it! I then did my first Aphogee treatment. I was a nervous wreck that I was gonna break my hair off. I am happy yo report I am not bald. LOL

Tonight I am going to do a steam treatment because I forgot to use the deep conditioner last night. Oops!
I was just too tired and had already used my leave-in when I thought about it.

I am so just rambling.