~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Fab_Nikki

I am back on that JUICE!!! I used some Carefree this morning, my hair is very moisturized and super soft.

I finally found the super stretchy Goody's headbands that I can double to get a nice secure puff. My puff still needs work but its coming right along.

I put a black rinse over my "reddish/brown" hair and it took nicely. But due to cowashing I give it a week before the rinse is gone. Ay dios mio!!!!

Imani

@ Imani Girl, yes...start experimenting! I finally got tired of doing buns and hiding my hair. I first ventured into puffs and updos, but eventually I started wearing my hair out. Now I am completely out of control. It's gotten to the point where I have had to go back to PSing just to keep my hands out of it!

Have fun with it! Experiment on the weekends when you have more time. And wow. It takes you 2 hours to detangle? Do you prepoo?

@Alta Angel Yeah I prepoo with evoo. I have fine strands so I take my time when detangling.

As for styles, I just have been focusing on other things in my life right now and havent felt like spending hrs on my hair only for it to look crazy or last one day. I did twist a section the other day just to see how they would look. They looked nice just not as long as id like. I will try to do the whole head one day to get the full effect.

eta: also I really don't see myself wearing many loose styles. It would take a tremendous amount of effort to keep it from drying and frizzing out. My hair is VERY porous. Just trying to pull it back and get it to slick down neatly would take tremendous effort.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

Last edited:

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Hi guys! Been lurking for a while. It's my 1 year BC anniversary tomorrow :yay:

Recent

Recent

I don't have a recent shrunken pic or stretched pics but I'll take those in the next few days when I wash

Last edited:

cch24

Foxglove we BC'd on the same day?! Congratulations on making it one year! I've been thinking back on my hair when I cut it and how short I thought it was, especially comparing it to the lengths that I'm at now. I wonder how I'll feel at this time next year. I'm pretty sure when I straighten my hair in May I'll be at/very close to MBL, so there's still hope for me to hit WL between October and December!!!

ycj1

Washing and deep conditioning right now. I'm gonna do a blow out, a length check, and put in some more mini twists. I will post the pics on my BC anniversary date this Saturday.
Wow, you talk about the perfect twist out!!!!!!!!!!!

BRILLIANT

keysha4515

• When you BCd On my B-day, March 21st 2011
  • How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd 2yrs and 4 months
  • Have you been natural before? When? First time in my adult life
  • Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness umm... I just know it is 3c. Still working on a regimen. Since it's hot, I will probably wash or cowash twice a week.
  • Your current regimen Still working on one
  • Your favorite styles Wash and Go's so far
  • Your current length and goal length Current lenghth, collar bone stretched. Goal length, Waistlenth stretched
  • Your photo album, if any Check out my Youtube channel. Username chinablk84 for pictures

BayAreaDream

1 weeks shy of being 3 months natural... I've been in twist for most of that time. My puff is getting bigger, now I'm just waiting for some hang time! I'll be in braids till the summer!

Attachments

• photo-88.jpg
    photo-88.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 51
  • photo-84.jpg
    photo-84.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 44
  • photo-89.jpg
    photo-89.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 42

-PYT

I feel so late. The other day, I washed my hair then left conditioner in it and sealed and it dried so soft :mad: Why have I not done this before?! I could see some wash n go puffs in my summer if this keeps working out so well.

nestlequik

I've made 2 major changes in my routine which I think will help me retain more moisture. One of them you guys know very well but I slept on- baggying.

I tried it in the past with a plastic cap but hated it because it was noisy at night with all my tossing and turning, and it made my scalp really sweaty. Well, I tried it again with saran wrap, just wrapping the sides and leaving the top open and it seems to be working. When I unraveled my twists this morning they were so soft. Why did it take me so long to do this???

The second change is putting a small humidifier in my office. I think that small change will yield big results since my hair is always dry when I get home.

ZkittyKurls

hey yall!! i know ive been gone for awhile! i miss you guys! hope all is well with everyone. i was wondering if i should get a weave for the spring and throughout the summer? i have hairesthetics, kinky straight which is awesome! and when its washed, it looks like hair hair when its blowdried. its so full and thick! but i was wondering if its really possible to do being natural. i would have to blowdry my hair at least every two weeks, and i just dunno if its pointless or not. i was thinking about getting it done sometime in april. any advice would b great! thx

Roux

so i cowashed and decided to revisit two things i have avoided since the bc: KCKT and my modified denman.

I LOVED the denman in the shower with my hair sopping wet with conditioner. I also discovered that shrinkage is a BEAST! I really didn't think that I had much hair because while damp it wouldn't gather in a pony despite being probably SL if I straightened. Well I was able to brush it all back and get in in a pony in shower and when I rinsed all conditioner out I was able to as well.

So another thing learned...my hair has to be beat into submission, lol no just wetting it, brushing it and it doing what I want to do. I also seem to have quite a few relaxed ends left in areas that i am getting annoyed with snipping so i'm leaving them be they will probably break off eventually.

I applied the KCKT before using my sulfur mix and then used eco styler to do my twists. curious to see how my hair will be in the morning.

Alta Angel

I am still doing the same old, same old. I will probably be wearing a bun for the upcoming week. I can't believe that I am 22 months post relaxer!:dance7:

Attachments

• P3241354a.jpg
    P3241354a.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 68
  • P3241355a.jpg
    P3241355a.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 67

Alta Angel

This is a week old braidout done with 10 braids (4 in front 6 in back). Twistouts do not provide me with enough "hold". I rebraided with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie the night before I took this pic. I know I have said this before, but I love this stuff!

@Alta Angel Is that a twistout?

NikkiQ

My friend just sent me this pic and thought I'd share. This is on the day after my BC :grin:

Attachments

• 183489_197246856966361_100000431455384_636819_606424_n.jpg
    183489_197246856966361_100000431455384_636819_606424_n.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 80

ycj1

I am out of the yarn braid extentions, been out since the end of Feb. My scalp is now finally loosing the sorness I experienced. I think I will retire them for a while and the fact that I am not trying to loose my temples. Once I figure out how to download pics I will. Just purchased a new laptop so it's taking some time learning how to resize pics with itl:lachen:

Zaz

I did a southern tease bun on a leftover small twists I did a couple of days ago:

I also dyed my hair again, this time I bleached random parts of it to do some foil highlights using 20 developer and Wella bleach powder from Sally's, then I dyed it using L'oréal Medium reddish brown (5RB):

after

after

At the rate I'm going, I'll have to wait and see if I have any hair left by the end of the year :giggle:

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I did a southern tease bun on a leftover small twists I did a couple of days ago:

I also dyed my hair again, this time I bleached random parts of it to do some foil highlights using 20 developer and Wella bleach powder from Sally's, then I dyed it using L'oréal Medium reddish brown (5RB):

after

after

At the rate I'm going, I'll have to wait and see if I have any hair left by the end of the year :giggle:

Omg I love the color