~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

andromeda

Hi!!! I am a new member and newly natural 4b.

My hair turned silver when I cut the relaxer out! It was a weird grayish color before. I am so scared of damaging my hair/scalp with chemicals and I kinda like the silver...I might not dye it . What do y'all think?
:welcome: @luckygirlin ! Your hair is pretty! I actually think the silver is cool! If you like it, keep it. If you ever decide to dye it, you can look into a natural alternative like henna + indigo or Tints of Nature. I have heard of overprocessed relaxed hair losing its melanin, so maybe that accounts for the change from weird gray to silver?

fivetimestwo

I am so sad today. I was supposed to get my hair done at the salon for the first time in nearly 2 years and they double booked & told me to reschedule!

Although I'm supposed to be going back to protective styling soon, I still wanted a cute look for my own hair (I was supposed to be getting highlights). I am contemplating doing my hair myself, but I really wanted the day of relaxation.

Okay, mini-rant over.

Sent from my HTC EVO SHIFT using Long Hair Care Forum app

VictoriousBrownFlower

Hi!!! I am a new member and newly natural 4b.

My hair turned silver when I cut the relaxer out! It was a weird grayish color before. I am so scared of damaging my hair/scalp with chemicals and I kinda like the silver...I might not dye it . What do y'all think?
I love the gray. I dont think you should dye it. It gives you hair character imo.
Congrats on your BC, @BronxJazzy ! :yay: Your hair looked nice when you first went natural but it defnitely looks healthier this time around! :yep:

Thanks.... Yeah I notice a huge difference. My hair even feels different. It was soft the first time I went natural but now its unbelievably soft. Kinda like a silky cotton ball. I love it. Healthy hair really makes a difference.

Fab_Nikki

OFFICIALLY 6 MONTHS POST BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Plans for this evening: Taking my hair out this evening for some product loving. :lachen:

OndoGirl

:welcome: @luckygirlin ! Your hair is pretty! I actually think the silver is cool! If you like it, keep it. If you ever decide to dye it, you can look into a natural alternative like henna + indigo or Tints of Nature. I have heard of overprocessed relaxed hair losing its melanin, so maybe that accounts for the change from weird gray to silver?

Thanks! *Off to research*

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
Hey ladies. I was going to flat iron my hair and do a trim but I burnt the back of my neck on the first piece so that's out :lachen:. I do have a pic that I'd like to share though. I also put up my BC pic from 14 months ago for comparison.

(never mind my zoolander face...I was channeling :lol:)

Attachments

• DSC02866.JPG
    DSC02866.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Daeuiel

Cosplay Champ
Hi everyone! :wave: I recently bc'ed, and today I tried a twistout. :look: Erm, it doesn't look quite how I planned, but I like it!

-PYT

Congrats pookaloo83!

Taking a personal day off work on friday. I need it. Gonna finger detangle before i wash and relax while the conditioner sits on it all day, probably :look: I'm tired, yall! My hair probably reflects this :ohwell:

Skiggle

Did a trim!
Took me nearly 5 hours..lol
Combing through my hair without tangles/knots= WINNING :lol:

Getting my hair done today, will take pics!

-PYT

Hey ladies...how are you braiding your hair for braidouts? Especially those of you with little hangtime? I want to try one, but i'm wondering if plaits or cornrows are best.

Skiggle

Hey ladies...how are you braiding your hair for braidouts? Especially those of you with little hangtime? I want to try one, but i'm wondering if plaits or cornrows are best.

I would suggest plaits with a heavy based moisturizer. The longer you leave in the plaits the more defined the braidouts, I would also suggest do it on damp hair. I tried a cornrow braidout this week, tooo fuzzy and not enough product on my hair. .Medium plaits seem nice.

pookaloo83

-PYT I do plaits. And I do it on slightly damp hair. I get my spray bottle of water and spray one time in my hand and then put that water in my hair. I think there's more definition when it's a lil wet.

Braidout on dry hair. It poofed up as soon as I hit outside.

Braidout on slightly damp hair.

faithVA

@-PYT I do plaits. And I do it on slightly damp hair. I get my spray bottle of water and spray one time in my hand and then put that water in my hair. I think there's more definition when it's a lil wet.

Braidout on dry hair. It poofed up as soon as I hit outside.

Braidout on slightly damp hair.

I love your twist outs. They look so nice and full. And you do have great hang time.

faithVA

Hi everyone! :wave: I recently bc'ed, and today I tried a twistout. :look: Erm, it doesn't look quite how I planned, but I like it!

I like it. You had a lot of twists so it came out more like spiral girls. Because the curls are so small, you should be able to rock it for 3 to 5 days with just wrapping it up.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun

I can't do cornrows so I do individual braids

No hangtime for me though

So it went into a puff

Daeuiel

Cosplay Champ
I like it. You had a lot of twists so it came out more like spiral girls. Because the curls are so small, you should be able to rock it for 3 to 5 days with just wrapping it up.

Ohhh! Thanks! :grin: I'll do less twists next time and see how it comes out :yep: Are you supposed to straighten your hair before you do twists? :look: :spinning: :lol:

Foxglove, I like the pics! :yep:

Last edited:

faithVA

Ohhh! Thanks! :grin: I'll do less twists next time and see how it comes out :yep: Are you supposed to straighten your hair before you do twists? :look: :spinning: :lol:

@-PYT, I like the pics! :yep:

You will be able to keep your twists out longer with smaller twists.

You will have a twists out like most you see on the board with larger twists. But you usually will have to twist it up more often to maintain it.

Some people stretch the hair: flat twists, twists, band it and let it air dry before they put in the twists for the twist out.

Some people blow dry (on different heat settings) before they do the twists.

It is really going to depend on the style you are trying to rock and how your hair looks with each option. Oh and maybe how hair lazy you are :lol:

I only do a twist out on mini twists cuz I hate to retwist my hair during the week. And I don't bother stretching it before twisting because as soon as I put anything moisturizing on it, its going to shrink waaaay back.

You will find what you like and what works for you.

Roux

I think my daughter needs a trim. her texture in the front of her hair is fine and more 3c and the back is coarser and thicker strands mostly 4a so her braid out and twist outs never quite look right.