~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

faithVA

Ok ladies... I wanted to wait until I was at least 2 yrs post relaxer to bc but couldn't hold out any longer. After consulting with my family I decided to do it last night. Here are the results

Day of bc
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255/BronxJazzy/DSC02361.jpg
Closeup of the back which is the tighter curls
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255/BronxJazzy/DSC02398.jpg
Closeup of the looser texture in the front. Its kina hard to see it in the pic though
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255/BronxJazzy/DSC02402.jpg
I transitioned for 11 months and 9 days. I hate the shape of my hair right now but I will be able to fix that in time.

Pics of hair on day 2( I spritzed with water to refresh the curls).
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255/BronxJazzy/DSC02466.jpg
Closeup of front
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255/BronxJazzy/DSC02499.jpg
Closeup of back
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255/BronxJazzy/DSC02489.jpg

Whats strange though is that my hair looks completely different than it did the first time I was natural. I'm not really sure why but my hair is much curlier this time around.

My hair the first time I was natural

That's sooo much beautiful hair, I am about to pass out. :thud:

And we live close by. Imagine that. So if you ever see someone staring all in your head, its probably me. :lol:

Daeuiel

Cosplay Champ
Twistout from my dusty two-week old twists :)

@hairsothick I'm coming for you girl! :curtain:

THAT'S what I'm talking about! :yep: :clap:

hairsothick

Black and Magical
@hairsothick and @PYT - Just stop already. You're killing me with all of thise beautiful twistouts. And she is coming for you hairsothick. :lol: :gorgeous: :gorgeous:

Is there a temper tantrum emoticon?

Lol. I will be defending my position in a couple of weeks.

Don't get too comfortable P.Y.T. :grin: Lmao.

I'm just kidding. I want everyone to have a beautiful twist out.

What did you use?

Imani

Woot! Getting my first set of kinky twists tomorrow and I can't wait!! :woot:

NikkiQ Hey! I remember u talking about getting some. Is this the same lady that was going to do them for $45? Kinky twists are so cute; I hope you like them.

Don't be afraid to speak up if they try to comb your hair too rough or with a small tooth comb or some other craziness. :nono:

-PYT

hairsothick I think I used a lil water spritz that had tresemme and grapeseed oil in it to dampen it, then put a lil ecostyler and vaseline on each section before i twisted. I wanted a soft hold.

NikkiQ

@NikkiQ Hey! I remember u talking about getting some. Is this the same lady that was going to do them for $45? Kinky twists are so cute; I hope you like them.

Don't be afraid to speak up if they try to comb your hair too rough or with a small tooth comb or some other craziness. :nono:

No this is someone else. I didn't go through with the other chick. Seemed a little sketchy to me. This new chick is someone my cousin goes to for her sew ins. She charges $50 for large, $55 for medium and $60 for small. She saw how thick my hair is and said it'll take like 4-5hrs to do them. Lord I hope it doesn't take longer than that. I don't think my butt can handle it.

She told me last night to blow it out last night (on low heat) and she has a wide tooth comb to use. I brought my own too just in case.

faithVA

No this is someone else. I didn't go through with the other chick. Seemed a little sketchy to me. This new chick is someone my cousin goes to for her sew ins. She charges $50 for large, $55 for medium and $60 for small. She saw how thick my hair is and said it'll take like 4-5hrs to do them. Lord I hope it doesn't take longer than that. I don't think my butt can handle it.

She told me last night to blow it out last night (on low heat) and she has a wide tooth comb to use. I brought my own too just in case.

I just knew there would be pictures in here. :ohwell:

Yes they take 4-5 hours to do. If she is good it shouldn't take longer than that. Just stretch a little each hour. You should be fine. And it shouldn't hurt. You shouldn't even feel it.

I get mine done at the salon and we have a blast. Movie watching, eating, trash talking, a whole lot of laughter. The time flies by.

NikkiQ

I just knew there would be pictures in here. :ohwell:

Yes they take 4-5 hours to do. If she is good it shouldn't take longer than that. Just stretch a little each hour. You should be fine. And it shouldn't hurt. You shouldn't even feel it.

I get mine done at the salon and we have a blast. Movie watching, eating, trash talking, a whole lot of laughter. The time flies by.

She may think I'm crazy, but I'll be taking picture breaks too lmao. Gotta document my first set :yep::lol:

Imani

I am so jelly of everyone and their fluffy, beautiful twist/twistouts. I wanna twist out too. #notwinning

lol. Yeah, my hair is too fine, those styles look anorexic on my hair. I'm thinking I will wait until my hair is longer to try them, maybe the length will make up for the lack of thickness.

Skiggle

I'm so EXCITED! Lets get to it
PICS PICS:

Twist out worn at rehearsal/graduation picnic:

Gradaution HAIR!

( LOL @ my glasses)

HAPPY TO BE NAPPY!

Last edited:

ZkittyKurls

@Skiggle AWESOME!

Ok guys os i was twisting my hair last week and i forgot to mention that i noticed when i finished my twists...in the back crown area....there isnt a twist there:huh:. I was wondering why there was like a fuzzy space there, and it hit me...BALD PATCH!:pullhair: Apparently i must have been neglecting that section of hair.

I can recall everytime i blowdried my hair...3 times. I would be pullin and yanking once i got to that section of my hair because by then my arms were tired and i was ready for it to be over.:catfight: I know now that i need to be patient the next time i decide to blow dry or detangle that section of my hair.

Luckily my hair is thick:afro: so no one will ever notice it but still its slightly traumatizing. but i refuse to look at it as a seback but maybe i can use it as a guide to know if im doing good practices for my hair from now on.

Side note: i used scurl for the first time and my hair is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo soft its surreal...and its been 11hrs and my hair is still soft, it also has been raining all day. but maybe this will help with my ruff ends..?

Last edited:

Roux

I remember I had a bald patch some years ago and I don't know what it was from...I mean COMPLETELY bald...it was strange.

I haven't used Scurl since becoming natural...I might this summer.

NikkiQ

8 damn hours for these twists and she still didn't finish!!!! SO drove right now! She made them too small and too long. Now I have to cut them, retwist the bottom and dip them in hot water. Not going back to her again.

faithVA

8 damn hours for these twists and she still didn't finish!!!! SO drove right now! She made them too small and too long. Now I have to cut them, retwist the bottom and dip them in hot water. Not going back to her again.

Dang! Wow NikkiQ, sorry to hear that. Yeah 8 hours is way too long. Even I can do them on my own hair in 6 hours, watching tv and eating.

She didn't finish? Is she going to finish them?

Platinum

:curtain:

Hey Everybody! I've been busy with work so I haven't had time to go online. I'm still in braids, I'm still going to wear them for another 4-6 weeks. I'm :drool: over all of these beautiful hair pics, keep up the good work everyone.

BTW: I'm one year natural!:yahoo:

Zaz

I was shopping at the mall yesterday and this lady kinda snuck up behind me and inhaled deeply, I was like what the... When I turned around she had this huge smile on her face and goes "your hair smells like coconuts" :lol:

I couldn't even be mad at her, because every time I use that Curl crème brulée I have to smell the bottle a couple of times :lol:

Last edited: