Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

I JUST realized that twist outs keep your hair relatively detangled even if the twist out is old. I could detangle in the shower until every strand had been properly detangled…. it would not matter. My wash n go hair gets more and more tangled as the days go by. Yet a twist out will look old but the hairs will not tangle. hmmm…..

So I attempted twist out..fail....
I don't think I have enough natural hair....I washed my hair yesterday and lost a lot of relaxed ends..they are snapping...I guess I need to do a protein treatment..

I guess I will be buying a wig..I can't do anything with my hair

Last edited:
Thinking about cutting my hair into a bob. I have so much breakage in my nape and crown from wearing wet buns every day, that when I wear my hair straight/down it just looks a choppy mess. I have long strands, short strands, medium strands etc. So I think I just need it cut into a style, long enough where my braidouts still look decent and I can still pin it up, but short enough where the shorter layers dont look crazy. Off to search for pictures.

6 moths post... getting close to 7 already!

this second transition is going by fast.

new growth:

image-441013379.jpg

and stretched

image-1081053867.jpg

exciting :)

i will take at least 2 years to get back to between apl and bsl ( if i retain,otherwise thats 3 years lol). and 3-4 years to get back to bsb i guess.

i know my hair now so maybe this second time being natural will be a success and i will see retention ( i hope so).....

i think i used to straighten with an iron that didnt work for me back then. my hair broke with it. (i should have tried another flat iron before relaxing at 6 years natural)..... oh well.....

What texture is your hair?

I thought I was 4a/b. But I posted some texture shots a couple post up and most think I look more 3c/4a. So I'm just going that because to be completely honest I was kinda just guessing. I'm pretty lost with the whole hair typing thing lol.

coolsista-paris

You have quite a bit of new growth for 6 months. Thats awesome. You look up and you'll be APL in no time.

I thought I was 4a/b. But I posted some texture shots a couple post up and most think I look more 3c/4a. So I'm just going that because to be completely honest I was kinda just guessing. I'm pretty lost with the whole hair typing thing lol.

And I saw those pics...duh
Your texture is so nice...and slicks down beautifully
I think I am like 4z..lol. I can't even get mine to lay down

^^^^Have you tried using a heavy duty detangling brush to smooth, like the denman or tangle teezer (I love the tangle teezer for smoothing only, it sucks for detangling). I seriously think that helps whip my edges into submission lol. Also what gel do you use? It could be that too.

Last edited:
SuchaLady

Oh ok, What was wrong with it? Too Frizzy? It may be your styler.

As for Wed., maybe you can cowash to make it easier on yourself. I chelated yesterday and Poo' won't be touching my hair for the next month :nono:

^^^^Have you tried using a heavy duty detangling brush to smooth, like the denman or tangle teezer (I love the tangle teezer for smoothing only, it sucks for detangling). I seriously think that helps whip my edges into submission lol. Also what gel do you use? It could be that too.
I am scared of the den man...will research the tangle teezer. I have tried softee gel, ampro(which is great on my relaxed hair) and ecostyler. My hair still ends up frizzy?

shyekiera

Try Layering your gel.

How to: Use your water based moisturizer of choice, then apply your gel and seal it in with a few drops of oil, Re-apply a bit more gel if need be.

Once your done re-apply your satin scarf for a few minutes (10-20) and you should be good to go.

I thought I was 4a/b. But I posted some texture shots a couple post up and most think I look more 3c/4a. So I'm just going that because to be completely honest I was kinda just guessing. I'm pretty lost with the whole hair typing thing lol. coolsista-paris You have quite a bit of new growth for 6 months. Thats awesome. You look up and you'll be APL in no time.

you think so? :) i always feel like its not growing enough. in inches ànd in time.
but i was happy when i checked it out and found this new groWth. motivated me even more!
i thought " ok, it is growing".

i dont know if i should or not call myself a slow grower.

in anycase ive decided that im gonna ps the heck out if this hair for at least 2 years in order to get that length back. retention pleaaaaaaaaaase!

by the Way; i also think you are around 3c/4a.

i am mostly 4 b.

shyekiera Which Eco are you using? Im just now realizing that are level 10 Eco Stylers are not created equally. I have the Krystal and the Olive, both level 10. The Olive is much stiffer than the Krystal. Im going to apply it a little more heavily next wash day. Ive been using the same amount as I did on my relaxed hair. :ohwell:

shyekiera

Try Layering your gel.

How to: Use your water based moisturizer of choice, then apply your gel and seal it in with a few drops of oil, Re-apply a bit more gel if need be.

Once your done re-apply your satin scarf for a few minutes (10-20) and you should be good to go.

So put the oil on top of the gel? I'm gonna try that...I've been doing moisturizer..oil..gel

Back