Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

coolsista-paris

Has anyone used avocado as a protein treatment?

i used to do this. avocado, egg, yogurt and olive or almond oil .

my hair was soft. its not hard protein ( the yogurt makes it feel like hard protein and càn strip if you dont use oil with it).

i likef it though. i used to do this mix every week on my first natural journey.

i rememener i used to moisturize with glycerin, water and almond oil. my hair was so soft ( i didnt know i needed to seal though, now i know).

s curl gel is still my staple. it makes my hair moisturized.

coolsista-paris

coolsista-paris I stopped birth control a while back. To many issues. My health has been better overall since.

i hope for me too. it will take long to see total changements as i only stopped in february after taking it for years.
i have high blood pressure, some birth conr pills are not good in this case.

im gonna ve mixing lots of smoothies (fruits and veggie).
i need protein but: im not a fan of meat, nor milk, nor yogurts......,

i need to find protein somewhere else. seems i dont like things that have it

shyekiera

i used to do this. avocado, egg, yogurt and olive or almond oil .

my hair was soft. its not hard protein ( the yogurt makes it feel like hard protein and càn strip if you dont use oil with it).

i likef it though. i used to do this mix every week on my first natural journey.

i rememener i used to moisturize with glycerin, water and almond oil. my hair was so soft ( i didnt know i needed to seal though, now i know).

s curl gel is still my staple. it makes my hair moisturized.

Ok..I am gonna try the avocado oil.
and egg tomorrow....thanks for reminding me about s curl!!!! It really did a good job at moisturizing...though I have never tried the gel.
I have glycerin too..May need to try that

tapioca_pudding

I used the Loreal Sleek It Humidity and Heat Protectant Spray (http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod6330203) to flat iron this morning randomly.. Lawd. I wanted to try it out now because I'm (possibly) getting my hair cut this weekend and I need my hair to be sleek and straight so I'll get a good cut. I got a pretty good/straight blowdry and the flat iron is lovely - very flat and silky. Im hoping this isn't a fluke and I can replicate this on Saturday. Hard to capture in a picture; I tried taking some pics but the silkiness (lol) doesn't come off in photo.

I still want to try the Inphenom mist though. I don't think its supposed to help with frizz like the Loreal is, but I still want to try it out.

ETA: It's funny how different hair color looks when hair is wet/curly vs dry/straight. I love it both ways but it's just a difference.

Last edited:

caliscurls

This is random but I know you all can identify. Yesterday I cut the literally 3 scraggly relaxed hairs hanging off a section in the back because I could tell the natural hair needed to be dusted. Well I pulled the hair down (you know I couldn't resist) and it looks like I'm 1/2 inch away from APL. At 1 week shy of 15 months post I keep looking at the picture and subconsciously telling myself that can't be right..I feel like such a goober.

But I'm pretty sure I'll end my transition this summer. Prior to me getting a hold and stabilizing my hair for the transition I had a great deal of breakage (last summer) then I used this brush for straightening hair (like a dummy) and it ripped my hair at the line of demarcation (last fall) so I'm thinking the cut is wise so I don't have a lot of splits when I BC. I do have a split ender but I'm paranoid it may not be dusting the shorter hairs (I have no proof..this is just me being a goob, lol)....

Does anyone feel certain their Split Ender is getting their shorter hairs????

Edit: added picture

Attachments

• image-1918560222.jpg
    image-1918560222.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

coolsista-paris

Ok..I am gonna try the avocado oil. and egg tomorrow....thanks for reminding me about s curl!!!! It really did a good job at moisturizing...though I have never tried the gel. I have glycerin too..May need to try that

lol i thought you were talking about a real avocado that you mix. lol i used to use a real one lol.

cant cônfirm about the oil though.. i didnt use it that much. i find it similar to almond oil în texture.

SuchaLady

I need a trim so badly. Its fairly even but these dead ends gotta go. My hair is actually retaining length quite well. Who knew all I had to do was ignore it? Cause Lord knows :look:

baddison

natural for good
roll, tuck, pin.....and headband.

:grin::grin:

Attachments

• 20140619_085343.jpg
    20140619_085343.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20140619_085350.jpg
    20140619_085350.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 20140619_085356.jpg
    20140619_085356.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 32

shyekiera

lol i thought you were talking about a real avocado that you mix. lol i used to use a real one lol.

cant cônfirm about the oil though.. i didnt use it that much. i find it similar to almond oil în texture.

My message typed up wrong..grammar mistake....I do mean a real avocado,oil,and egg..lol.....sorry forgot the punctuation

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
I really need to learn to put the freaking scissors down! Ugh.

My name is Kidneybean86 and I have a cutting my hair problem...

EnExitStageLeft

My hair is feeling a bit parched. I'm going to Co-Cleanse and DC tomorrow. Hopefully it helps it out. My hair hasn't been this dry in FOR-EV-ER!

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
So um...as of 5 minutes ago I became 95 percent natural...It was totally on an impulse...Sigh...:nono:

I'm doing a deep condition now to stop that urge from hitting 100 percent...I'm not ready...lol:look:

Attachments

• 10325548_10100254752153009_426535200626834879_n.jpg
    10325548_10100254752153009_426535200626834879_n.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 10449468_10100254752018279_2160641111366815215_n.jpg
    10449468_10100254752018279_2160641111366815215_n.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 47

Cattypus1

All loced up...
So um...as of 5 minutes ago I became 95 percent natural...It was totally on an impulse...Sigh...:nono: I'm doing a deep condition now to stop that urge from hitting 100 percent...I'm not ready...lol:look:
That's how it started for me and I went 100! I'm loving that my ends curl now!

PlainJane

After washing my hair today I can no longer see myself transitioning for three years. If I have twelve inches of growth in two years then that's enough for me!

Also, for those of you that wash your hair in sections, do you condition in sections too?

SuchaLady

^^^ I'm torn between hacking all this mess off now :look: and transitioning two more years. The thing is either way I'm gonna wear weave for two more years so I may as well cut the hair off. But that would make it so permanent :look:

EnExitStageLeft

PlainJane

EXACTLY! I was all for the 3-4 year transition until about 3 months ago. April 26, 2015 is my cut off point...period. But I will big chop as soon as December if I feel like it :yep:.