Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

GettingKinky

How are you wearing your hair in a workout? A top knot with a secure scarf that doesn't come off until after I've showered usually helps, but yes, the roots do revert.

I imagine it doesn't look that different than being 10-12 weeks post relaxer though.

This week I tried my hair in 2 pony tails this week and the reversion wasn't so bad (only around the edges) but I only lifted so I didn't sweat too much. I'll have to try a scarf next time I straighten my hair in 8 weeks.

GettingKinky

You *might* change your mind. I definitely did. I used to post in the straight hair natural threads asking for tips because I loved my straight hair. Now I only get the urge to straighten sometimes. I love the straight look but also started to fall in love with the volume and versatility of textured styles.

Thanks. It is possible that once my transition is over and I can wear a wash n go or a braidout I may not worry about wearing my hair straight. When my hair isn't straight I don't miss it, but when it is straight I realize how much I really like it.

Need2gro

13 Months post... Last night I was going to cut just the back of my hair to see what it would look like... I ended up cutting it with the exception of the front... some long "bangs" so I could still somehow style my hair.. does that mean I'm still transitioning even tho I've cut out all the relaxer everywhere else? IMG_7296.JPG

Jas123

The Star of a Story
Longtime lurker of this thread... Thought I would transition indefinitely or at least 2-3 years, NOPE! At about 1 yr and 9 months post I chopped off my relaxed ends (Back in Sept/Oct 2015), so glad I did. I absolutely love my natural hair. No looking back.
My hair has grown a great deal, even my crown which is the most fragile on my head and was always breaking off.
The back of my hair is about mbl, the sides apl and the front comes down past my chin. Hopefully, this year I can get back to wl (in the back) and I would love to get my sides to hang around my breast (they never been that long).
I think I'm 3c/4a...

Evolving78

Longtime lurker of this thread... Thought I would transition indefinitely or at least 2-3 years, NOPE! At about 1 yr and 9 months post I chopped off my relaxed ends (Back in Sept/Oct 2015), so glad I did. I absolutely love my natural hair. No looking back.
My hair has grown a great deal, even my crown which is the most fragile on my head and was always breaking off.
The back of my hair is about mbl, the sides apl and the front comes down past my chin. Hopefully, this year I can get back to wl (in the back) and I would love to get my sides to hang around my breast (they never been that long).
I think I'm 3c/4a...
Your hair grows like weeds!

Carmelella

I'm 10.5 months post relaxer now for mst of my head.. i did a wee part in the front for a leave out for my wedding back in august. So technically i'm past my longest stretch before a big chop since the first time I went natural I BC at 10 months. Unlike the first time I stayed weaved up. This time around I rarely had a weave. I just look a mess.. haha. hats at work since i work in an operating room its no problem and a mess at home. Oddly enough wash day isnt so hard. Still hanging in there

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
A photo of the puffs I've been rocking.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hi Ladies! I was a natural who transitioned for about 2 1/2 years...I just wanted to send you some positive vibes.:dance7::dance7: I know how frustrating the dueling textures can be! @Saludable84 are you saying that your hair was wet for a month due to the Shea Moisture products?
No, sorry. A week. It never fully tried and I had to clarify with a wash, rinse and repeat. I never have to do that. I'm using them up, but mostly using them to bun.