Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

I blowdried using the tension method tonight. Here are pics:

I love it!!! I'm jealous!!:ohwell:

ladysaraii

So I cut my hair this weekend.

Or at least most of it, I took a pic of the relaxed hair I cut with my phone, it was only about a handful.

I don't even know why, I meant to wait at least until my 2 year mark, but those scissors had a mind of their own.
:look:

LaFemmeNaturelle

Am I the only one who hates dealing with their hair?! I HATE my hair. Ok I love my hair but I hate washing, conditioning, and detangling. I REALLY REALLY feel like cutting. But I fear that my hair won't get any easier to do and then I'll be PISSED that I gave up the length. GRRRR!

~Frustrated long-term transtitioner

Bun Mistress

Am I the only one who hates dealing with their hair?! I HATE my hair. Ok I love my hair but I hate washing, conditioning, and detangling. I REALLY REALLY feel like cutting. But I fear that my hair won't get any easier to do and then I'll be PISSED that I gave up the length. GRRRR!

I have totally had those days. It gets easier. Have you tried appling you D/C to dry hair? If you need some tips, PM me.

Girl, of course, we have those days. But, I know that I think of where my goal is and how far I've come towards it, and I chill.

You will have your off days. Just revel in your on days.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I don't have on days lol my on days are when it's in a bun and that doesn't count. Every time water is involved, it's an off day. :sigh: It's been like this all year and maybe some of last year. And that's why I'm maintaining the length. I def don't want longer hair because I'm sure it'll only be more time consuming. Ugh!

ETA: Don't worry. I don't rant to be talked off the BCing ledge. I just need to rant because it's too much. Maybe I should get some braids.

Last edited:

Bun Mistress

LaFemmeNaturelle Oops. My Bad!

I used the patuchiul (sp??, she is on youtube, very old video) method for D/Cing with:

PM the Detagler conditioner
Aloe vera gel
Camellia oil
salt (1/2 teaspoon)
honey

section hair, appy coconut oil to hair scalp if needed, I do this with dry hair that doesn't have a lot of bluid up on it.

apply conditioner mix like a relaxer to each section and section it off (I use braids) then let it sit for an hour (or more). then detangle with a comb in sections, if you choose to use one of those things :lachen:.

LaFemmeNaturelle

LaFemmeNaturelle Oops. My Bad!

I used the patuchiul (sp??, she is on youtube, very old video) method for D/Cing with:

PM the Detagler conditioner
Aloe vera gel
Camellia oil
salt (1/2 teaspoon)
honey

section hair, appy coconut oil to hair scalp if needed, I do this with dry hair that doesn't have a lot of bluid up on it.

apply conditioner mix like a relaxer to each section and section it off (I use braids) then let it sit for an hour (or more). then detangle with a comb in sections, if you choose to use one of those things :lachen:.

Thanks for sharing but DCing is part of the things I'm fed up with lol it takes too long to apply to my hair and probably takes up the most time. I'm cutting it out of my reggie:look:

shaun0822

Thanks for sharing but DCing is part of the things I'm fed up with lol it takes too long to apply to my hair and probably takes up the most time. I'm cutting it out of my reggie:look:

I'm with you on time consuming DC's. I now do 15 minutes and call it a day (without heat). I read an article about DC on the natural maven and decided to change the length of time--http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2009/03/monday-myths-can-you-really-deep.html I don't know if this is hurting my hair or not. We'll see.

gvin89

And so it is...my transition has come to an end. I did a spontaneous BC today. I wish you all the best in your journey...I truly enjoyed it and am pleased with my decision.

sent from my EVO

TruMe

And so it is...my transition has come to an end. I did a spontaneous BC today. I wish you all the best in your journey...I truly enjoyed it and am pleased with my decision.

sent from my EVO

Congratulations!! I think I may be 1-2 weeks behind you. :grin:

Katt73

sent from my EVO

Congratulations! But you know you are as wrong as two left shoes for not posting pics! :look:

gvin89

Congratulations! But you know you are as wrong as two left shoes for not posting pics! :look:

Thank you and I know I know....but I'm in the HYH Challenge and didn't think I could post pics until that challenge was over on June 30th. I'll ask if I can...

Hairness

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This transition is OVER for me!!! I BC'd on Saturday!! I'm all natural now!! I'm Free!!! Yeah!!

All the best to everyone else!!

HHG Ladies!!

Poutchi

Hey People,
I haven't been here for a while. I am still transitionning and have passed the 14months post mark on May 5th. I am going to jump back on the keratin straightening bandwagon for this summer and maybe back to braids this fall... I am not going to BC before decembre normally (but could possibly chop it off one night while I am bored).
Hope everyone is doing great on their journey

ChristmasCarol

Haven't been in this thread for a while, but congrats to everyone who has BC'd and everyone who is reaching their transitioning goals.

Next month will be my two year transitioning anniversary. Nothing interesting to report. I plan on ending my transition next June.

Anyone else going into (or already into) year three?

destine2grow

sipp100 That is awesome. I am only 30wks post. I wish I have your strength and determination to get through the 2yrs of transition that I would like to do.

Congrats and thanks for the inspiration!

ChristmasCarol

destine2grow

Thanx for the props - but I haven't really done anything extraordinary, I just haven't cut my hair :lachen:

I can't wash 'n go, but other than that, I can't think of any good reason to BC.

ChristmasCarol

sipp100 Wow, almost 3 years? That's amazing. You're giving a baby transitioner like me hope. :yep:

How much post relaxer are you in your avatar?

WriterGirl

That's my six-year old in my avi. She's on her own hair journey to thigh-length.

I have some pics in my albums, but I only do a length shot once per year. The last one is in the album entitled "Hair", I think. I'm wearing a white robe. That was taken last year. I'll do another length check in July or August. I'll probably just maintain at BSL (or maybe grow out to MBL) until I chop.

Chrissmiss

Checking in at 1 year and 3 weeks post!!! Time really did fly. I have about 4 more inches that I need to trim to get rid of the damage/thinness on my left side. After that I plan on growing my hair to mbl (with the relaxed ends) and maintaining that (trimming slowly) until I am 100% natural. :) Happy transitioning ladies.