using mega tek as a protien treatement only

Napp

Ms. Nobody
as nice as mega tek is and i did see an increase in growth. i just cant apply this to my scalp every day. its too tedious for me. i dont have a problem with growth and think my length is pretty good for right now. BUT mega tek has stopped my breakage FLAT. i hade ABSOLUTLEY no breakage. not one hair! i am really happy about that. can i just use it for a dc? its expensive but not even aphogee did miricles like this for me.

hmm... glad you found something that works for you! i know that, personally, i am not ballin quite hard enough to pay $30 a bottle for something i'm just going to rinse out... but if it works for you, then keep on doing it!

MT is very tedious to re-apply every day. i keep forgetting, so i've started putting a reminder in my phone to do so :lol:

Oh, yeah, you can definitely use it as just a treatment/conditioner - that's what the directions are, if I remember correctly. :lol:

Oh, yeah, you can definitely use it as just a treatment/conditioner - that's what the directions are, if I remember correctly. :lol:

I had plans to do this but remembered that I purchased a bottle of Aphogee keratin 2 min. reconstructor for Sally's for this purpose :wallbash::wallbash:. If only I could find that darn Sally's receipt.

This is what it says on the back of my bottle of Mega Tek Rebuilder:

Manes & Tails: Revitalizes hair so mane and tail won't break off as easily and will grow longer. Continuous bare spots caused by blanket rubs, skin conditions and injuries.

Directions: Apply to wet clean hair. Leave on 5 minutes then rinse off. Meg-Tek can also be left on for continuous benefits, such as putting on tail and wrapping it. Does not have to be rinse off. Use as often as possible, usually 2 or 3 times a week or whenever horse is bathed. On injuries, skin problems or blanket rubs, use daily. Use a small amount on dry or wet coat.

Ok, so if I didn't have this weave in, I would probably put it on at night, wrap with a plastic cap, sleep in it, then rinse it out. Then I would probably use just a hand full and massage in my scalp, and bun up. I would probably do this every day for a week, undiluted. You know, give my hair and scalp shock trauma for a good head start of growth.

i wouldnt wash it out. i got best results from leaving in! im actually rethinking stopping using it like before. its just that i had corn rows which made it easier. now that i have kinky twists i cant see myself doing the whole thing. maybe i should try using an applicator bottle?

Someone out there pls help me out,i just got my first mega tek bottle :spinning:(with blue letters is it the same as the pink letterd bottle ?

Anyway all i want to do is just spray it on my scalp and use it around my hairline due to thinning,but i notice that mega tek is too thick to put in a spray bottle en for spraying on the scalp,so i was wondering can i add some water and EO with it and will it still work ? or i better use it pure as it is for it to work ?

i wouldnt wash it out. i got best results from leaving in! im actually rethinking stopping using it like before. its just that i had corn rows which made it easier. now that i have kinky twists i cant see myself doing the whole thing. maybe i should try using an applicator bottle?

I've been using mega tek for about 9 months now and I do not apply it to my scalp. I use it as a leave in and I love it. It has strengthened and thickened my hair up tremendously. I usually co-wash, apply my mega tek and bun.

ETA: There are some ladies on here that are getting excellent growth from Mega tek and it does make me wanna apply to my scalp, just too much work.

Since I wear twists and twistouts, I'm using mine in an applicator bottle and it makes things a lot easier. Make sure the applicator tip has a wide opening so that it can come out easily. I got one from Sally's with the gray top since it had the widest spout.

I use mine everyday as a moisturizer to help with the frizzies, I use mtg on my scalp. I use the mt 2oz jar with pink letters, supposedly it's the same stuff. I love what it does for my hair and it's so soft!

Last edited:
I've been using Mega Tex for a week and my seven week post has come together. I love it as a scalp or ng smoother. My hair gets so tangled and dry at the back of my head. Mega Tex allows me to smooth the comb right on through. I use Elegeance Serum on my ends. I'm loving my hair treatment and for once I'm not in a hurry to get a touch up. Yeahhhhhhhhhh :yep:

I use mine most of the time as a conditioner. I apply it after shampooing, then it on for about 5 min. then rinse. NO BREAKAGE.

I have never DC with it though...

Back