~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

Tonight, I put HE Totally Twisted Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for a little over 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of V05 Strawberry Moisturizing Conditioner.

I sat under a cap dryer on high cool for 1.5 hours and LCOB'd with L = Alikay's Lemongrass, C = KJ Naturals Lemongrass Marshmallow Slip, O = Duafe Naturals Love Me on length, Hydrathermal Naturals Growth on scalp & Kreyol Essence Chocolate HBCO on edges, B = Cream & Coco Moonflower Shimmer on ends.

Hey guys, I've been a lazy boots...I was wearing my hair straight after that set-back, then I was under wigs, but my head is huge (I know, a self-drag lol) and my head started to hurt! Today, I did my FIRST WnG n years (I am relaxed now) and it came out pretty good. I need to fine-tune it, but I think this may be my go-to for the Spring/Summer.

I am also on the verge of making 2 semi-big purchases: some kinky clip-ins (which will set me back at least $150) and a steamer (which would be around $200) so we'll see what happens there.

Hey guys, I've been a lazy boots...I was wearing my hair straight after that set-back, then I was under wigs, but my head is huge (I know, a self-drag lol) and my head started to hurt! Today, I did my FIRST WnG n years (I am relaxed now) and it came out pretty good. I need to fine-tune it, but I think this may be my go-to for the Spring/Summer.

I am also on the verge of making 2 semi-big purchases: some kinky clip-ins (which will set me back at least $150) and a steamer (which would be around $200) so we'll see what happens there.

@itsjusthair88, I just purchased a steamer as well from Amazon. I will be trying it out for the first time on Saturday. I'm anxious to see if I get a boost to my moisture levels.

Today was CoWash Friday:
  • Pre-poo'd during the day with my AVJ spritz & Duafe Whipped Unscented Amla on the ends.
  • Applied a mix of Mane Choice Green Tea & Carrots and Vatika Dubar Garlic DCs and went under my heat cap for a little over 1 hour.
  • Scalp scrubbed with CC's Natural, CW'd my length with HE Totally Twisted, reconstructed with Ion & rinsed out 80% of HE Hello Hydration & V05 Strawberry & Cream conditioners.
  • LCOB'd with L = LACE Ayurvedic, C = HQ Leave In, O = Macadamia Healing & Duafe Whipped Love Me Amla on length & Kreyol Essence Chocolate HBCO on edges, B = Liquid Gold's Green Magic on scalp & Cream & Coco's Moonflower on ends.

Hey ladies!! I'm a past lurker, and would love to join this challenge. Waist length has been eluding me forever, and I've finally stopped neglecting my hair so that I can reach it.
Current Length: BSL/MBL after recent cut
Ultimate Goal: Hiplength
Regimen: Faithfully protective styling with buns on stretched hair and chunky twist in buns.

• DC every week with moisturizing DC or Aubrey Organics GBP
  • Cowash with Suave Almond and shea, or shampoo with Shea moisture Moisture rentention shampoo
  • Moisturize with SM JBCO leave in, Eden BodyWorks curl soufflé, and castor oil
  • Twist and bun or occasional damp bun
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: about 4?
Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural
Tips/Tricks: DC with heat, prenatal vitamins, wild growth hair oil 3 times per week, GHE 3 times per week
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more:
Breakage due to old damage and thirsty low porosity hair that loves to split. To fix this I will most likely do dustings every 2 months along with Search and destroy method when needed
Starting Pic: ATTACHED
length030516-jpg.356057

Attachments

• LENGTH030516.JPG
    LENGTH030516.JPG
    760.2 KB · Views: 157
Hey ladies!! I'm a past lurker, and would love to join this challenge. Waist length has been eluding me forever, and I've finally stopped neglecting my hair so that I can reach it.
Current Length: BSL/MBL after recent cut
Ultimate Goal: Hiplength
Regimen: Faithfully protective styling with buns on stretched hair and chunky twist in buns.

• DC every week with moisturizing DC or Aubrey Organics GBP
  • Cowash with Suave Almond and shea, or shampoo with Shea moisture Moisture rentention shampoo
  • Moisturize with SM JBCO leave in, Eden BodyWorks curl soufflé, and castor oil
  • Twist and bun or occasional damp bun
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: about 4?
Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural
Tips/Tricks: DC with heat, prenatal vitamins, wild growth hair oil 3 times per week, GHE 3 times per week
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more:
Breakage due to old damage and thirsty low porosity hair that loves to split. To fix this I will most likely do dustings every 2 months along with Search and destroy method when needed
Starting Pic: ATTACHED

One comment: :gorgeous: :gorgeous:...Okay, two: :drool: :drool: :drool:

@itsjusthair88, I just purchased a steamer as well from Amazon. I will be trying it out for the first time on Saturday. I'm anxious to see if I get a boost to my moisture levels.

OOOhhh...what kind, how much? Let me know how it works!

Here's the result of getting my hair flatironed. I still have a long way to go to WL, but end of 2017 may happen.

View attachment 355485

Oh, we're the same length right now...we'll BOTH make it to WSL in 2017!

Made the decision to get PS and getting some vixen crochet braids on Saturday. None of my hair will be out, she is going to do knotless crochet around the perimeter and the parts.

I'm buying the hair today and I'm excited to leave my hair be for a few weeks...hope to make it to 7-weeks, then I'll be going in for a relaxer touch up and will do a length check then.

Shampoo & Set Saturday
  • Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz and Duafe Unscented Whipped Amla.
  • Added J. Monique Natural's Bentonite & Rhassoul Detox Mask under the heat cap for a little over an hour.
  • Shampoo'd with Coco Curls, CW'd length with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, Ion Reconstructor, ACV rinse & Herbal Essence Hello Hydration & Kynx I Am Strong with 80% rinse out.
  • LCOBS: L = Ion Repair; C = Coco Curls; O = Mission Condition Star Glaze on length & Keravada Alter Ego on scalp; B = Belle Butters Orange Dream Cream on ends; S = Design Essentials Curl Enhancing Mousse.
I will let my hair dry in a ponytail roller set overnight.

Didn't do a real length check or anything but a couple days ago I pulled the front of my hair and it was mid boob length. And yesterday I pulled the back left side and it was at the very bottom of my bra strap (mid back). Not going to get too excited because I know how uneven my hair is lol but still I should be full MBL in like August/September ish.

Ugh, all this beautiful hair to be jealous of! @GettingKinky @trclemons @AmanitoreLove and @Caramel74!

As for me, my nape finally made it to that elusive 12" mark. So my nape is officially 12" long. I'm excited, but 17" is WL on me and 14" for MBL. I hope to get two more inches by December. I think these vitamins are helping.
Yeah right, lol You're nape is a heck of a lot longer than mine. Nape and crown are my problem areas. My hair is hidden a lot and it falls out if I sneeze lol But thank you sweetie because I've been working hard at retention. If it wasn't for LHCF, all the support and encouragement, and learning about my olive oil pree poos and stuff like that. I would have chopped that B#@ch back up to collar bone length.
:lachen::2inlove:

Keep at it love. Vitamins do help I just switched back to my biotin 5000. Was taking the crappy ones for a while. And I haven't used direct heat in two months since I did my microtrim. All this is helping. And I don't use chemicals I just let my grays come in.

And don't let anyone fool ya. We all hate our hair at times, some more than others.

Last edited:
Back