~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

CurlyRy

You haven't straightened your hair for a year and a half!? Girl just go ahead and get out the flatiron but just use heat protectant and make sure your hair is clean and conditioned. If I hadn't straightened mine for that long I'd be getting it done for sure! The dominicans are really good with hair. The deep condition it for you and put you in rollers first before they flat iron and use really good protective products. It comes out unbelievably silky and straight. I know how you feel because I was nervous after a month. But let me tell you my hair and my emotional well being needed it so much and I was ecstatic at the healthy condition, feel, and length of my hair after. The payoff from non stop protective styling was showing. Go enjoy that hair girl that's what we grow it and take care of it for. And if you don't wear your hair down once in a while it's not good for your emotional well being.

Girl thank you for reply. I was waiting on my sign and this is it! I'm claiming it lol :grin:

And yeah, I just need that break. I live in Wyoming so I know there's no dominicans out here lol! That was also another reason why I was wondering if I should wait and enjoy my hair when I go to DC but shooooot this is more for ease than for style right now lol So I'm gunna have to do my hair but still, knowing that I can be able to make this last would make me happier than having to do my hair again soon after. Thanks for the advice boo!
*runs to find protectants and serums* :weird:

Caramel74

Girl thank you for reply. I was waiting on my sign and this is it! I'm claiming it lol :grin:

And yeah, I just need that break. I live in Wyoming so I know there's no dominicans out here lol! That was also another reason why I was wondering if I should wait and enjoy my hair when I go to DC but shooooot this is more for ease than for style right now lol So I'm gunna have to do my hair but still, knowing that I can be able to make this last would make me happier than having to do my hair again soon after. Thanks for the advice boo!
Glad I could help boo boo! :sneakyhug:

coilyhaircutie

Do what makes you happy ;) I like to do Curlformer sets weekly- they get my hair extra smooth and shiny, like I went to the salon for a press and curl. You could try that too next time you want to avoid heat and not deal with your hair

trclemons

Today was CoWash Saturday:

• Pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ spritz.
  • I applied Honey's Handmade Citrus Sage and Tropical Carrots & Coconut DCs and went under my heat cap for 1 hour.
  • Used CC Natural's scalp scrub, CW'd my length with Dove Nourishing Oil Care & Honey's Handmade Cherry Almond Tapioca, reconstructed with Ion & rinsed out 80% of Alikay's Caribbean Cocunut Conditioner.
  • LCOB'd with L = Ion Repair Solution, C = Loreal Hydracharge, O = Hydrathermal's Growth on scalp, Queens Curls Safflower on length & Sunny Isle JBCO on edges & B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.
Lola is plaited and happy!!!

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Y'all I don't know what to do:crybaby:

So I tried African threading yesterday and FAILED...and I just ain't got the strength to deal, y'all. I'm soooo tempted to just go ahead and straighten my hair so I don't have to think about my hair for a while.Although I know that I should just throw in some plaits and call it a day and avoid heat but idk

I want to give into my urge especially since I haven't straightened my hair in about a year and a half? Idk suggestions? If I don't straighten I might just rollerset my hair and put in small (not mini) twists. I just need my sanity :whyme:

I would go for a rollerset, personally (if I could do them! lol) but if you wantto straighten, then DO IT! We should enjoy our hair a little bit, ya know?

Praise the LORDT - I found another, low-price, natural-looking wig that is gorgeous! It's from Equal and it's called "Clary" - I paid $26 at my local BSS and I already tried it on. Here's a pic:

I am going to be out of town for over a week at a client event, and I'll miss my next Saturday shampoo so I wanted to prep my hair really well for the wig and 2 weeks with no shampoo. Here's what I did:
  • I pre-poo'd (kind of) with a mix of amla oil, EVOO and coconut oil - I used a tangle teazer and I don't think I'll do that again lol. I feel like only exacerbated my issues with breakage and shedding
  • I shampoo'd with my regular Design Essentials Henna and Protein cleansing shampoo
  • Used Aphogee 2-Minute Keratin Reconstructor for about 5 minutes (lol)
  • DC'd with Camille Rose Coconut Water Conditioner with a cap and my body heat for 2 hours or so...
I did 8 celie braids and took a bit of hair in the front and used 3 flexirods with Lotta Body's setting foam to stretch and we'll see how it looks tomorrow.

Overall, I still am afraid I'm losing way too much hair during the wash process - I was hoping the intense Aphogee treatment would help, but it didn't! I feel like it's a shedding issue, so my next step is to look into tea rinses. Happy Valentines day ladies!

Anaisin

So I need to go ahead and crown Alikay Naturals Avocado Cream Moisture Repair Mask as the best deep conditioner ever.

I washed my hair yesterday with Alikay black soap shampoo (I already said this was great and a repurchase) then used Alikay Caribbean Coconut Conditioner. First time I used it, it was good/decent, got the job done. These 2 times I used it since then it was terrible, my hair wasn't conditioner at all. Left my hair feeling like rough, dry straw and didn't help detangle that much.

Today, I used that avocado mask. Wet my hair with a spray bottle in 4 sections then applied it. My hair even though it was in 3 braids at night was still tangled and rough because of that conditioner. As soon as I put the smallest amount of the avocado mask on my hair it softened and my fingers started gliding through.

This stuff is bomb, first time I used it was before straightening my hair and it came out perfect. I'll probably buy the gallon size on black Friday tbh. Great as a DC leave in and detangler. Plus I'm no longer buying 8oz conditioners anymore anyway, I have too much hair at this point.

CICI24

Current Length: A few inches past shoulder length not quite APL
Ultimate Goal: Waist
Regimen: Wear weaves and go to stylist for maintenance every 2 weeks.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 10 inches
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) Currently relaxed
Tips/Tricks: None
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: I'm currently growing out my nape and perimeter by keeping it moisturized and no heat.
Starting Pic:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
So nothing new or special going on here. I'm just keeping up with my routine. I shampooed, dced with Alter Ego Garlic (first time trying). I'm about to rinse this dc out in a few minutes and do some chunky twists for the week. Still on my Manetabolism vitamins...on the third bottle now. I have one more to go after this.

@CICI24 Welcome!

iVR

Sorry for the double post if you're in the other thread too...

I haven't changed much with my hair except I've added a new hair mask into my rotation (Loreal extraordinary curls renourish mask) and the Deva Curl Supercream. The mask added more bounce to my curls and the supercream does stretch my curls in the areas I need/want stretched. However, I'm still testing out the Supercream. I don't usually use stlying creams unless I'm forgoing gel and I have another styling cream that's just as moisturizing but no stretch and it doesn't play well with gel, but the fro afterwards is awesome. So when I'm done testing I'll decide what to keep and what not. :drunk:

CICI24

So nothing new or special going on here. I'm just keeping up with my routine. I shampooed, dced with Alter Ego Garlic (first time trying). I'm about to rinse this dc out in a few minutes and do some chunky twists for the week. Still on my Manetabolism vitamins...on the third bottle now. I have one more to go after this.

@CICI24 Welcome!
Thanks

trclemons

Tonight, I put Honey's Handmade Cherry Almond Tapioca on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Oyin's Honey Hemp. I got a late start with my hair and I didn't want to go to bed with a wet head, so I sat under my hood dryer on low for 30 minutes.

Next, I LCOB'd with L = Ion's Repair Solutions, C = Carefree Curls Gold, O = Queen Curls Safflower on length, Hydrathermal's Growth Oil on scalp & Sunny Isle's JBCO on edges, B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.

Then, I put on my plastic cap and did my inversion for 4 minutes and I will baggy overnight.

Caramel74

HA! :badgirl:

I thought I could get away with sleeping with my hair free and loose and detangling with a regular comb in the shower conditioner washing!

The hairloss was getting SC-ear-rrr-y.

So I'm braiding it at night. It's not as comfortable, but it's working as far as my hair not getting as tangled so I can gently finger detangle. I guess braiding keeps the moisture in and protects its better too according to my interesting reading findings.

trclemons

Today was Shampoo Saturday:
  • Pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ spritz & coconut oil.
  • I applied HydroQuench Botanical Peppermint Coconut & Honey Pineapple DCs with a scoop of Amla powder and went under my heat cap for a little over 1 hour.
  • Shampoo'd with Coco Curls, CW'd my length with Honey's Handmade Cherry Almond Tapioca, reconstructed with Ion & rinsed out 80% of Alikay's Caribbean Coconut Conditioner & ACV rinse.
  • LCOB'd with L = Lawrence Ray Concepts Shake 'n Go, C = Treluxe Untie the Knot, O = Queens Curls Safflower on length & Kreyol Essence Peppermint HBCO on edges & B = Hairitage Caramel Frappuccino on scalp & Soultanicals Hair Yum on ends.

Last edited:

iVR

This is early but I don't know the next time I'll have the patience to straighten my hair. Curly it's above barely brushing my shoulders and straightened I'm now brushing BSL. A few more inches curly and I'll be comfortably wearing my hair up. :drunk:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 63

trclemons

Tonight, I put Jakeala's Flax Mallow Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Alikay's Caribbean Coconut Milk & V05 Island Coconut Moisturizing Conditioners.

Sat under the dryer on low for 45 minutes and LCOB'd with L = Lawrence Ray Concepts Shake 'n Go, C = Carefree Curls Gold, O = Queen Curls Safflower on length, NJoy's Sulfur on scalp & Kreyol Essence Peppermint HBCO on edges, B = Kyra's Shea Medley Strength & Emollient Butter Cream on ends.

fifigirl

I'm still on my regimen...washing 2x a week as my hair is 19 weeks post, dcing after each wash....taking my hair vitamins- bipolar, alfalfa, cysteine. (when this finishes will move to NAc), spirulina whenever i remember to add to my smoothie

Caramel74

Sorry I've been out of the loop. I'm sad my relationship is probably not going to work out. But I'm happy I can hopefully put an end to a negative toxic relationship. Haven't smoked a ciggarette in like 6 months and ofcourse I had some beers to go w it. I quit them both together. Now I have to do it all over again and it's hard. FML

sorry I had to vent but as far as this challenge. What I've noticed is the water rinses are also my friend because it gives my hair a change to breathe and not have so much buildup. I missed washed day but it's ok. I might switch it up to Mondays or just when I know for sure it needs it. I'm going to have to be careful when combing it to do the oil rinse. I think I need to invest in a wider tooth comb or I'm at the point where I'm careful in the shower, my goal has been to not see so much hair in the tub after.

fifigirl

Sorry I've been out of the loop. I'm sad my relationship is probably not going to work out. But I'm happy I can hopefully put an end to a negative toxic relationship. Haven't smoked a ciggarette in like 6 months and ofcourse I had some beers to go w it. I quit them both together. Now I have to do it all over again and it's hard. FML

sorry I had to vent but as far as this challenge. What I've noticed is the water rinses are also my friend because it gives my hair a change to breathe and not have so much buildup. I missed washed day but it's ok. I might switch it up to Mondays or just when I know for sure it needs it. I'm going to have to be careful when combing it to do the oil rinse. I think I need to invest in a wider tooth comb or I'm at the point where I'm careful in the shower, my goal has been to not see so much hair in the tub after.

Aww! Sending you bear hugs! You deserve a beautiful happy relationship...be patient and someone will soon swoon you off your feet and this time, it will be a beautiful, long relationship

trclemons

For CoWash Saturday, I:

• Pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ mix and Spectrum coconut oil on the ends.
  • I applied Shea Moisture Manuka DC and went under my heat cap for a little over 1 hour.
  • Used CC Natural's scalp scrub, CW'd my length with Jakeala Flax Mallow, reconstructed with Ion & rinsed out 80% of Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner.
  • LCOB'd with L = Jakeala Pineapple Protein Spray, C = Treluxe Untie the Knot & Hawaiian Silky, O = Queens Curls Safflower & Macadamia Healing on length & Kreyol Essence Lemon HBCO on edges & B = Hairitage Hydration Caramel Frappuccino on scalp & Zipporah Beauty Sweet Orange Shea Cocoa Moist on ends.

trclemons

Tonight, I put Jakeala's Flax Mallow & HE Totally Twisted Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of V05 Island Coconut Moisturizing Conditioner.

Sat under the dryer on low for an hour and LCOB'd with L = Jakeala Pineapple Protein Spray, C = Carefree Curls Gold, O = Duafe Naturals Love Me on length, Keravada Oatmeal Milk & Honey Alter Ego on scalp & Kreyol Essence Lemon HBCO on edges, B = Zipporah Beauty Sweet Orange Shea Cocoa Moist on ends.

trclemons

Today was Shampoo Saturday:
  • Pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ spritz & coconut oil.
  • Applied Mane Choice Green Tea & Carrots DC and went under my heat cap for a little over 1 hour.
  • Shampoo'd with Coco Curls, CW'd my length with Ynobe's Pumpkin Silk, reconstructed with Ion & rinsed out 80% of V05 Island Coconut Conditioner & ACV rinse.
  • LBO'd with L = Cream & Coco's 1000 Flowers, B = Alikay's Shea Yogurt on length, Liquid Gold's Green Magic on scalp & Honey's Handmade Whipped Vanilla on ends, O = Sunny Isles Lavender JBCO on edges.
I am really hoping for some growth & retention when I do my 1st quarter length check at the end of this month.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I've been overwhelmed with work and school, but still being consistent with my hair. I'm almost done with my third bottle of Manetabolism vitamins. I also am keeping up w/protein intake and protein treatments. I'm due for a dusting at the end of this month. I'll take about a 1/4" off all around to keep any splits at bay. I'm praying for 12" in my nape by the end of the month.

Nice growth and retention @Anaisin!

Welcome @TrueSugar