Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

I tried the shampoo brush. I’m never planning to try and detangle with shampoo, so I didn’t use it until I had my hair soaked in conditioner. Surprisingly I liked it for detangling. The bristles are just a tad shorter than on my wet brush, but it worked very well. I have the flimsy cheap shampoo brush with lots of little plastic bristles.

I also used it to smooth my gel in while I was styling. I have to see how it dries to see if it was worth the extra step versus just raking with my fingers.

You guys know my wash and go always looks the same, so we’ll see in about an hour.

Did you use a topper? Did you use the brush before or after the topper.

Did you use a topper? Did you use the brush before or after the topper.
I applied curly magic to one section of my hair, split that section into a 1/6 section, applied earthtones gel (I guess my topper?) and then used the shampoo brush, raked it through my hair, then I did one last smooth just with my fingers. Then I moved on to the next 2/6 section. Did that in the 3 sections all over my head, so I used the shampoo brush on 18 total sections.

I applied curly magic to one section of my hair, split that section into a 1/6 section, applied earthtones gel (I guess my topper?) and then used the shampoo brush, raked it through my hair, then I did one last smooth just with my fingers. Then I moved on to the next 2/6 section. Did that in the 3 sections all over my head, so I used the shampoo brush on 18 total sections.
OK. Just wanted to understand. Yeah, anything that goes over your 1st gel I'm calling a topper.

I did quite a few things differently so not sure what is going on with my wash and go today. I put my part on the right side. I liked it when it was wet but not when it dried. Someone recommended I swoop the front, which I did. But that last only while it is wet and before I shake it. Once I shake it, it is unswoopable :lol: I think I should try shingling, no shaking and then drying to see if my hair will stay down.

It isn't super frizzy but it isn't defined either. Not sure what to make of it.
20210317_144246.jpg

Curl daze is from a YT influencer. I can’t think of her name but these two products are nice.

now I cheated and only did the front of my hair so we shall see.
I cowashed with Keracare Curl Essence Cowash and then used the conditioner for a few minutes. Rinsed out and applied the gel styler, which is the Glossy Shine Gel and then topped it with the creamy styler, the Creamy curl styler.

they both smell delicious. Both have weight. And went on smooth.

Attachments

• 94D6B942-61D0-4302-9443-384C39998048.jpeg
    94D6B942-61D0-4302-9443-384C39998048.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 47
@faithVA I think you idea to try doing your hair without shaking is a good one. Aeleise said only certain hair types are shakers- otherwise it causes frizz. But I don’t think she ever said which type works well with shaking.

@faithVA I think you idea to try doing your hair without shaking is a good one. Aeleise said only certain hair types are shakers- otherwise it causes frizz. But I don’t think she ever said which type works well with shaking.
Yeah, I'm definitely going to try it. Today, is the first time that I shingled and it actually worked. That little extra inch must make a difference :lol:

But it actually got more defined as it dried. My roots aren't extra defined but the rest of my hair is a bunch of little spring coils. Go figure!

Curl daze is from a YT influencer. I can’t think of her name but these two products are nice.

now I cheated and only did the front of my hair so we shall see.
I cowashed with Keracare Curl Essence Cowash and then used the conditioner for a few minutes. Rinsed out and applied the gel styler, which is the Glossy Shine Gel and then topped it with the creamy styler, the Creamy curl styler.

they both smell delicious. Both have weight. And went on smooth.
It gave you nice waves.

For today's wash, I used Innersense Hydrating Hairbath to cleanse my hair, followed by ITDF Intense Moisture Hair Cream to condition and detangle. After rinsing the conditioner out, I took my time applying my base gel and water. I divided my hair into quarters and did not move on to the next section until my hair felt "right". That process alone took 10-15 minutes, but now that I have a better idea of how much product I need, I expect it to be much faster next wash day.

Currently, I'm letting my hair air dry a little before adding the Earthtones Max gel (Abena/Embrace Natural Beauty's method with this product). Last wash, I didn't have bad results when I applied it immediately to wet hair, but my goal is to see if I can get more definition and longevity by applying it to damp hair.

I believe she said that those with coils/curls could shake, but those with waves should sway. My hair is more tight waves than curls and Sonnie had me sway.

For today's wash, I used Innersense Hydrating Hairbath to cleanse my hair, followed by ITDF Intense Moisture Hair Cream to condition and detangle. After rinsing the conditioner out, I took my time applying my base gel and water. I divided my hair into quarters and did not move on to the next section until my hair felt "right". That process alone took 10-15 minutes, but now that I have a better idea of how much product I need, I expect it to be much faster next wash day.

Currently, I'm letting my hair air dry a little before adding the Earthtones Max gel (Abena/Embrace Natural Beauty's method with this product). Last wash, I didn't have bad results when I applied it immediately to wet hair, but my goal is to see if I can get more definition and longevity by applying it to damp hair.

After almost 2 hours my hair was still very wet. I applied Earthtones anyway and sat under the dryer and used the diffuser on the length and ends. I could immediately tell that this set wouldn't be any different from the last set.

So I stood up and diffused for about 15 minutes. Then applied more Earthtones to my damp hair in large sections. I'd already wasted 2 hours, so was in a hurry. I could immediately see the difference. My hair had less frizz, was heavily weighed down, and more shiny. I'm back under the dryer now and can feel that I'm getting a firmer cast than before as well.

Next wash, I'm going to go straight from shower to dryer. Let dry for 15-30 minutes, apply Earthtones to the damp hair, then complete drying.

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't know that! Always thought that everyone was supposed to shake. I get the feeling that my hair would do better without shaking, so I'll give that a try next time I do my hair.

Slept with just the satin pillow case and my hair was flattened as usual. I let it sit for an hour and it puffed back out, which I love. So I just had to do a flight fluff to get it presentable. I will skip the buffs, bonnets and caps and try them again when the satin pillow case no longer works.

Curl daze has nice stylers. You don’t have to use both together. I think if you use the gel styler there would be more hold. Using the creamy styler on top made for a super soft hold that mushed to my head last night but fluffed back out. In the future I’ll try the gel styler by itself.
Both have great curl definition but for me my type 4 are S curls and over time as the hair loosens up they pop into O coils except for the very front which is my loose area even when I keep trimming my bangs.

Price point. I wouldn’t buy without a sale but I like the performance enough to try the rest of the line if she grows it. There is a moisture cream but no cleanser and conditioner currently.

I can’t ever get good pictures unless I’m in some good light at night but here’s a second day picture after wearing a hat.

Attachments

• 2BA74F7F-CB1A-4AF3-9527-ED33AC2D1B1D.jpeg
    2BA74F7F-CB1A-4AF3-9527-ED33AC2D1B1D.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 28
Curl daze has nice stylers. You don’t have to use both together. I think if you use the gel styler there would be more hold. Using the creamy styler on top made for a super soft hold that mushed to my head last night but fluffed back out. In the future I’ll try the gel styler by itself.
Both have great curl definition but for me my type 4 are S curls and over time as the hair loosens up they pop into O coils except for the very front which is my loose area even when I keep trimming my bangs.

Price point. I wouldn’t buy without a sale but I like the performance enough to try the rest of the line if she grows it. There is a moisture cream but no cleanser and conditioner currently.

I can’t ever get good pictures unless I’m in some good light at night but here’s a second day picture after wearing a hat.

my hair is like yours it starts out S curls and the turns into Os. I like the Os, but of course that means more shrinkage.

I ordered 3 travel size light weight conditioners from Ulta. I will pick them up on Saturday. I ordered a Deva Curl, Pureology and the Pattern.

I also ordered the shower brushes from Amazon. I think they get here Sunday.

I plan to redo my hair on Saturday, because I really want to keep my resets to day 3 or 4.

But my day 3 hair is still looking good. It is squashed but the definition is still there. And my bang is still sort of hanging :yay:

W
I ordered 3 travel size light weight conditioners from Ulta. I will pick them up on Saturday. I ordered a Deva Curl, Pureology and the Pattern.

I also ordered the shower brushes from Amazon. I think they get here Sunday.

I plan to redo my hair on Saturday, because I really want to keep my resets to day 3 or 4.

But my day 3 hair is still looking good. It is squashed but the definition is still there. And my bang is still sort of hanging :yay:
Woo hoo!!

Back