We will be upgrading the forum, gallery and blogs with the latest versions of the software we use. This will cause some disruption. We will however try our best to minimize it.
The maintenance will start the first week of May 2022 and will continue until all upgrades are completed (both software and hardware).
Thank you for your understanding.
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural
2) Current hair length: Around APL
3) Ultimate hair length: Full BSL (or MBL) Straight and Below SL Curly
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): Full/Even BSL + thicker hair + less SSKs + less split ends
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Massaging cleansers onto the scalp in the tub (inversion method) for 2 minutes using fingertips
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1x a week to 1-2x every 2 weeks
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Shikakai Shampoo Bar, Anita Grant Anti Breakage Monoi Shampoo, Moroccan Clay (various mixes),
DevaCurl No Poo (gym days & in between), Kinky Curly Come Clean (2-4x a year), Bentonite (2x a year)
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Oil Treatments (Ayurvedic oil blends), Onion Elixirs, Aloe Vera Gel (Nap85 Method)
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: 1-2x a month
10) List shampoo: Kinky Curly Come Clean & Anita Grant Anti-Breakage Monoi Shampoo
I've puzzled this one out and it has occurred to me that this is kind of LHCF's No-Poo/Low-Poo thead.
So I have a question: Is anyone here intentionally no-pooing?
I ask because I've done water only in the past, but couldn't stick with it because I like my DIYs. But these herbal washes in addition to my clay washes seem to be making my hair happy. Over the past 3 months I've drastically reduced my use of rinse out conditioner, but my leave in has conditioner in it.
After 3 months my hair feels fine so I'm trying another 3 months.
Curious about other experiences since there isn't a lot on the web about natural no-pooers.
So on Saturday I washed with this. Then DC'd with honey mixed with some other stuff.
My hair didn't get as clean as I wanted -- left over from an ayurvedic treatment from a few weeks back where the herbs ended up taking several washes to remove -- so I washed again today with Flora & Curl Coconut Mint Curl Refresh Clay Wash. I followed up with their Organic Rose & Honey Cream Conditioner.