1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural
2) Current hair length: Around APL
3) Ultimate hair length: Full BSL (or MBL) Straight and Below SL Curly
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): Full/Even BSL + thicker hair + less SSKs + less split ends
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Massaging cleansers onto the scalp in the tub (inversion method) for 2 minutes using fingertips
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1x a week to 1-2x every 2 weeks
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Shikakai Shampoo Bar, Anita Grant Anti Breakage Monoi Shampoo, Moroccan Clay (various mixes),
DevaCurl No Poo (gym days & in between), Kinky Curly Come Clean (2-4x a year), Bentonite (2x a year)
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Oil Treatments (Ayurvedic oil blends), Onion Elixirs, Aloe Vera Gel (Nap85 Method)
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: 1-2x a month
10) List shampoo: Kinky Curly Come Clean & Anita Grant Anti-Breakage Monoi Shampoo
I've puzzled this one out and it has occurred to me that this is kind of LHCF's No-Poo/Low-Poo thead.
So I have a question: Is anyone here intentionally no-pooing?
I ask because I've done water only in the past, but couldn't stick with it because I like my DIYs. But these herbal washes in addition to my clay washes seem to be making my hair happy. Over the past 3 months I've drastically reduced my use of rinse out conditioner, but my leave in has conditioner in it.
After 3 months my hair feels fine so I'm trying another 3 months.
Curious about other experiences since there isn't a lot on the web about natural no-pooers.