Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

DVAntDany

I tried the bee girl custard again with a heavier leave in, still crunchy. I still like it, so I'll continue it play with it a bit.View attachment 482145
It looks humidity proof. I might try it later in the year. How long did it take to dry? What were the results without leave-in on wet hair?

Mya keep saying to add water for a softer hold, but she seems to have very silk hair. It still looks nice even if it is crunchy.

shebababy

It looks humidity proof. I might try it later in the year. How long did it take to dry? What were the results without leave-in on wet hair?

Mya keep saying to add water for a softer hold, but she seems to have very silk hair. It still looks nice even if it is crunchy.
I sat under the dryer for about 45 minutes.The back was still a bit damp but I think that's due to me not having a good hooded dryer. I haven't tried it without some sort of leave in. The first time I used a watery leave in.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Sundays wash day was a bust in terms of styling. Just pulled it back into two low ponytails at night so it stretched. Probably wash tomorrow or Friday.

Attachments

• 6679EA3C-F65F-418C-904C-12BA6EA13B34.jpeg
    6679EA3C-F65F-418C-904C-12BA6EA13B34.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 9AAF5911-47EF-48C6-8B66-8AAAF3E345F8.jpeg
    9AAF5911-47EF-48C6-8B66-8AAAF3E345F8.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 42

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I’m just now sitting under the dryer. I’ll try and stay until 8 o’clock.
I pulled my hair forward. As soon as I sat under the dryer I moved it to the left side, lol.

Used ICH and Aunt Jackie’s Elongating gel.

Attachments

• A2DB0FC7-33BB-45F7-8C7A-80138EF3ADEE.jpeg
    A2DB0FC7-33BB-45F7-8C7A-80138EF3ADEE.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 36

DVAntDany

In an effort to put more pictures on this thread, I'll try to post more.

I'm still working on trying to make 2nd and 3rd day mousse wash and goes to hang more. This is Saturday on day 2 with Design Essentials Avocado Mousse with the lightest glaze of Bamboo Ginseng on top. It helped control the volume some. D
hair mousse.jpg

Today is 3rd day hair with UFD+ICH+BG. I've been drizzled on and have soaked my hair in sweat twice.
wash and go.jpg

GettingKinky

@GettingKinky I finally bought Be Kekoa rose water mousse. It's been stuck at the post office for the past 3 days. Hopefully, I'll have time to pick it up before 4pm. Tomorrow will probably be wash day for me and I'll give it a try.
I can’t wait to hear what you think. I still have a full thing of mousse Def so I’m not looking for a new mousse quite yet.
Your hair has grown a lot and it’s amazing how different it looks depending on which stylers you choose.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@GettingKinky I finally bought Be Kekoa rose water mousse. It's been stuck at the post office for the past 3 days. Hopefully, I'll have time to pick it up before 4pm. Tomorrow will probably be wash day for me and I'll give it a try.
Ha, i didnt like it. I used it with the gel as well.

It looked amazing but dry REALLLY soft. Felt like a conditioner washngo @DVAntDany

DVAntDany

I can’t wait to hear what you think. I still have a full thing of mousse Def so I’m not looking for a new mousse quite yet.
Your hair has grown a lot and it’s amazing how different it looks depending on which stylers you choose.
I’ll make sure that you are the first to know my thoughts. If for some reason I don’t like it, I’m sending it directly to you. That way you can mark it off your bucket list.

Did you know that they now have a big liter refill bag of it? That intrigued me and that fact they are okay with cowashing it out. Less buildup is so appealing.

I barely noticed my hair growth because I see it all of the time. Pictures made me realize that I’ve made progress since this time last year. Also, my little niece no longer tells me I have boy hair or asks if I miss my hair that fell out.

Yeah, each product or combo looks different on my hair even if I style them the same way. For me, products matter just as much as technique. Maybe I should revisit some of the gels I don’t like and show you all pictures of why. LOL

DVAntDany

The product junkie in me wants to buy every foaming mousse that sounds good. I have on my radar the HydraBar Nurture Mousse, the new gel to foam from Verb X Manes by Mell and the new system from Synergi Salon.

I guess because my hair is no longer silky that mousse no longer gives me any real shine. I miss my shiny mousse days. I’d stop my search if there is a foam that can give shine or gloss again.

That might be a lie but I did stop searching for gels. I got tired of very bad hair days. So that curbed my gel obsession.

DVAntDany

So I tried the mousse this morning. @Bette Davis Eyes You are right when you said it felt like conditioner. This is a thick foam that can rightfully be called a mousse. Most "foaming mousses" are not really mousse.

It has nice slip and smells good. I think my hair could have been a bit more wet when I applied it, but I'll know next time. It dries much softer than most mousses/foams. It took a whole lot longer to dry though. Nearly 30 mins under a hooded dryer and I still had wet ends in some areas. I had to hover diffuse over the ends.

Surprisingly, it wasn't as defined on my front bangy piece. That area has more silky strands mixed in. Also, there is no shine.

One last thing. I notice that my hair looks bigger in the mirror than when taking a selfie. Do you all notice that for yourselves? Obviously it the close proximity and angle but it looks so different. So when my hair looks large in a selfie, it looks even larger in the mirror.

Damp with mousse
mousse damp.jpg

Dry Mousse Selfie Mode
mousse in bath.jpg

Dry Mousse In Mirror
mousse in mirror.jpg

Under Fluorescent and Natural Light
mousse front.jpg mousse top.jpg mousse back.jpg

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

I measured my new growth today. Easier to do with color. My hair does not grow 0.5 inches per month. I've always suspected I was a slow grower. Looking more like 0.3 inches and in some places not even that. Wonder if it is what it is or if improving more on what I eat would help.

In other news, UFD CM and mousse still doing what it does. Still a favorite combo.

DVAntDany

I measured my new growth today. Easier to do with color. My hair does not grow 0.5 inches per month. I've always suspected I was a slow grower. Looking more like 0.3 inches and in some places not even that. Wonder if it is what it is or if improving more on what I eat would help.

In other news, UFD CM and mousse still doing what it does. Still a favorite combo.
Slow and steady wins the race. Lol
Well, it doesn’t hurt to try other methods for growth.

Now why do you all like mousse as a topper again? I only use it once or twice last year and don’t remember the outcome.