12 inches in 12 months - 2014

fancypants007

Re: 12 inches in 12 months - 2013

Just ordered some hair to do a set of crochet braids. I put some in a little over a year ago and I loved it but I only kept them in about 2 weeks. I'm going to try to keep them in for a month this time. We will see how it goes...also I've been consistent with taking my vitamins and keeping my hair moisturized while it is braided. Tomorrow I may do a DC under my steamer if I have time. Hopefully I will have some growth to report in a couple weeks!

Very nice. Glad to hear you are still consistent. I can't wait to the end of this month to see everyone's progress pics. I'm excited but fearful at the same time. Anyhow, I'm not going to think about it, I'm just going to do it and hope for the best.

Mskraizy

Haaa yah....I ended my 6 month challenge like....what....21 days early or whatever? lol I couldn't wait, I went and blowdried it and did a length check and just violated ALL my rules. lol Sooo without further adieu, here's my length check.

Umm, so I guess I "did" get growth. I just feel like you know, maybe it could've been more. But I'll stop with the greediness. What length would I be now? Does it look like MBL!? :grin::grin:

I'm trying to figure what to do now with this mufasa mane. Thinking about putting in some mini braids on my own hair....I'll see. ♥

PennyK

Been a while since I checked in here. I've been wearing my hair out curly a lot. I've had 2 small trims since we started in April and I'm still glad of my progress. I've been consistent with my cowashes and keeping my hair moisturized. I look forward to posting my final picture in April

fancypants007

Haaa yah....I ended my 6 month challenge like....what....21 days early or whatever? lol I couldn't wait, I went and blowdried it and did a length check and just violated ALL my rules. lol Sooo without further adieu, here's my length check.

Umm, so I guess I "did" get growth. I just feel like you know, maybe it could've been more. But I'll stop with the greediness. What length would I be now? Does it look like MBL!? :grin::grin:

I'm trying to figure what to do now with this mufasa mane. Thinking about putting in some mini braids on my own hair....I'll see. ♥

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I'm so proud of you. You proved that it works. Consistency, being focused, positive attitude and regime all add up to increased inches. Hooray, I'm so excited for you. Thanks for sharing. Your hair looks good, girl. Way to Go!

fancypants007

Been a while since I checked in here. I've been wearing my hair out curly a lot. I've had 2 small trims since we started in April and I'm still glad of my progress. I've been consistent with my cowashes and keeping my hair moisturized. I look forward to posting my final picture in April

Thanks for checking in. Been missing you, but glad to hear you still are on point. Keep doing what you're doing.

faithVA

It does look like MBL. I love all of that big hair.

faithVA

I did my inversion last night. That is day 2. I also oiled my scalp and baggied before doing my yoga. I didn't GHE because I ended up doing who knows what and it was too late by the time I finished my hair.

My inconsistency with vitamins makes no sense. I don't forget. I have the supplements in the pill case and I have extra in my purse, my overnight bag, etc. But I take it out of my purse and look at the case and move it around :nono: But do I take them? Nope :lol: Makes no sense. I will be eliminating that habit.

Hopefully I will get my GHE in tonight.

fancypants007

I did my inversion last night. That is day 2. I also oiled my scalp and baggied before doing my yoga. I didn't GHE because I ended up doing who knows what and it was too late by the time I finished my hair.

My inconsistency with vitamins makes no sense. I don't forget. I have the supplements in the pill case and I have extra in my purse, my overnight bag, etc. But I take it out of my purse and look at the case and move it around :nono: But do I take them? Nope :lol: Makes no sense. I will be eliminating that habit.

Hopefully I will get my GHE in tonight.

Thanks for giving us an update. I have been doing the GHE during this 7 day inversion therapy method. Today is day 5. I stopped taking my supplements too, all except my hair vitamin. As soon as I place the fork down from my dinner, I pull out those vitamins because if I don't I too would forget. I stopped taking my collagen, protein powder, MSM because I was mixing them all together in a smoothie and stopped taking my smoothie. I'm telling myself I will get back on track after my touchup. It seems like you are consistent with everything else. Can't wait to see your update pic. I can't wait to see mine either. Thanks FaithVA for being so supportive.

fancypants007

I saw this contraption to use for scalp massages. It's suppose to be related to accupuncture/accupressure. What do you think. They are expensive. I purchased awhile ago the Mag Gro which can be stimulating to scalp, but I stopped. This roller is something you roll all over your scalp. I posted the link to the video that demonstrates how to use it. Input, please. I don't know if I'm going to purchase it or not. I'm quite happy with my Hair Sonic tool for scalp massages, but this just got my attention. Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSggR7lgZyE

faithVA

I am on my 6th day of inversion :yay: Doing better with my vitamins. Do so so with my water. Still need to work on my vitamins. Doing yoga every other day.

I have been doing more cowashes. My scalp is saying thank you.

faithVA

[USER said:
fancypants007;19372473[/USER]]I saw this contraption to use for scalp massages. It's suppose to be related to accupuncture/accupressure. What do you think. They are expensive. I purchased awhile ago the Mag Gro which can be stimulating to scalp, but I stopped. This roller is something you roll all over your scalp. I posted the link to the video that demonstrates how to use it. Input, please. I don't know if I'm going to purchase it or not. I'm quite happy with my Hair Sonic tool for scalp massages, but this just got my attention. Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSggR7lgZyE

Someone in the healthy scalp challenge was using this on their thin spots. She did show progress.

JustGROWwithIt

I've been consistent with my vitamins and taking care of my hair while braided up. I need to do better with my water intake and exercise tho. I have seen some growth. I took pics Thursday just for kicks and compared them to ones I took in October and it looks like I've gained about an inch. I won't know exactly how much til I take my all my hair down and check in a couple weeks. I only took one cornrow out because I was curious. I know it's not update time but I want to see if u ladies see a difference...

image-1696638637.jpg

This is my October pic...

image-2581058426.jpg

This is from last Thursday...

JustGROWwithIt

JustGROWwithIt looks like you were right at APL before and now below APL, nice! It looks good! The more I compare pictures it does look like an inch of growth.

caliscurls, thanks! I don't like to get my hopes up, I always thought I was a slow grower. But I am hoping it's an inch too. I will check with my length check tee at update time and be able to tell better. I've been shooting for that brastrap for a while now! :spinning:

caliscurls

Checking in

- touched up my roots with Garnier Olia (black)
- washed with Naturelle Grow Lemon & Mint Detoxifying co-wash
- DC'ed with heat using SD Avocado Pudding *just realized that when this is gone I shouldn't repurchase. It has ingredients that aren't good for BKT's :(
- tension blow dried 90/95%with Redkin Satinwear 02
- dusted my ends *i was procrastinating doing my hair because I knew I was due for a dusting but am glad I took care of it
- sealed hair in sections w/ KV hair butter and put in Bantu knots for the night
- applied a tad of HH JOJ to my edges with TPS Sweet Simplicity styler and smoothed down

Will take down and put in a protective style in the morning. Next week I may do curlformers instead for holiday parties.

fancypants007

I am on my 6th day of inversion :yay: Doing better with my vitamins. Do so so with my water. Still need to work on my vitamins. Doing yoga every other day.

Thanks for the update. It seems like you are on track. What do you use for your cowashes. How often do you do them. I started doing cowashes and I stopped.

fancypants007

I've been consistent with my vitamins and taking care of my hair while braided up. I need to do better with my water intake and exercise tho. I have seen some growth. I took pics Thursday just for kicks and compared them to ones I took in October and it looks like I've gained about an inch. I won't know exactly how much til I take my all my hair down and check in a couple weeks. I only took one cornrow out because I was curious. I know it's not update time but I want to see if u ladies see a difference...

View attachment 237103

This is my October pic...

View attachment 237105

This is from last Thursday...

You ladies are way ahead of the game, before check in time, but I'm loving it. Yes, definitely see progress since October. You are almost at BSL. Way to go. I'm so excited for you. You should be proud of your accomplishment.

fancypants007

caliscurls, thanks! I don't like to get my hopes up, I always thought I was a slow grower. But I am hoping it's an inch too. I will check with my length check tee at update time and be able to tell better. I've been shooting for that brastrap for a while now! :spinning:

Keep shooting girl and you will get there!

fancypants007

Checking in

- touched up my roots with Garnier Olia (black)
- washed with Naturelle Grow Lemon & Mint Detoxifying co-wash
- DC'ed with heat using SD Avocado Pudding *just realized that when this is gone I shouldn't repurchase. It has ingredients that aren't good for BKT's :(
- tension blow dried 90/95%with Redkin Satinwear 02
- dusted my ends *i was procrastinating doing my hair because I knew I was due for a dusting but am glad I took care of it
- sealed hair in sections w/ KV hair butter and put in Bantu knots for the night
- applied a tad of HH JOJ to my edges with TPS Sweet Simplicity styler and smoothed down

Will take down and put in a protective style in the morning. Next week I may do curlformers instead for holiday parties.

Thanks for checking in and it sounds like you are doing a good job with keeping your hair cleansed, detoxed and scalp healthy. Did you do a S&D, or did you just do a trim on your hair ends. I have to check out the Naturelle Lemon & Mint detox cowash product you mentioned, it sounds wonderful.

fancypants007

Hello ladies, I hope everyone is doing well. I am so excited because we are almost at the end of the month for check in time. I'm also excited because some of the ladies have already posted update pics and you can definitely see their progress. This is what's so motivating because it spurs us on to continue to stay faithful to our regime, and it's encouraging too because we see that others have had success which means we can have success too.

I'm still on track with my oiling scalp, massaging, inversion, hair supplement, but i slowed down with during my exercising, healthy eating like I mentioned last week, and other supplements. I did finish my 7 day inversion and will not be doing another one until next month. I did another rhassoul clay/butter treatment on Saturday and I think my hair is telling me, it's time for a touchup. I still saw some hair shed and I thought it probably was because it's a new brand of rhassoul clay, but it may be because my hair can't take it anymore and is screaming to be relaxed. Overall the treatment went well. My hair is changing because my newgrowth is so thick. Could it be the rhassoul clay. I'm finding out that my hair does not like alot of products. I detangled before my clay treatment which I normally don't do. I just take down my plaits that have been in for a week, wet my hair and then apply clay/butter. Wrap in plastic wrap, wait 30 minutes, and rinse. Then I comb with wide tooth comb and very little hair would be in my comb. I decided on Saturday to detangle first, using conditioner which soften my new growth, but I had hair fall that was normal I suppose, but i still don't like it. I'm going back to just applying clay to my hair without detangling. I will prepare my hair for my touchup, so Saturday I will cleanse hair using a clarifying shampoo instead of rhassoul clay, followed with aphogee 2 step protein treatment, deep condition etc. I infused some oil with henna using the oven method on Saturday. I kept it on lowest temperature for around 10 hours. It came out very nice. I'm looking forward to all the updates so stay consistent ladies, we are almost there. This challenge is well over half way. Don't give up or quit. If nothing else we will have increased inches, which adds up to more increased inches. So keep focus and keep doing what you're doing, and readjusting if necessary things that we find our hair doesn't respond to. Remember the 3P's from Kimmeytube, Patience, Proper Handing, and Protective styles will get you there, so stay encouraged and motivated!

faithVA

Thanks for the update. It seems like you are on track. What do you use for your cowashes. How often do you do them. I started doing cowashes and I stopped.

I water rinse my scalp and then I use either Deva Curl One or SM Restorative Conditioner. I think my hair and scalp stay dehydrated. I don't have a set schedule right now because the length of my hair makes it hard to style quickly. Optimally I would like to cowash every 2 to 3 days.

JustGROWwithIt

You ladies are way ahead of the game, before check in time, but I'm loving it. Yes, definitely see progress since October. You are almost at BSL. Way to go. I'm so excited for you. You should be proud of your accomplishment.

Thanks! I am proud. It's taken me a long time to get a good regimen down that works for me. I can't wait to see where I will be as time goes on!

caliscurls

Thanks for checking in and it sounds like you are doing a good job with keeping your hair cleansed, detoxed and scalp healthy. Did you do a S&D, or did you just do a trim on your hair ends. I have to check out the Naturelle Lemon & Mint detox cowash product you mentioned, it sounds wonderful.

Thanks fancypants007 ! I'm trying to keep this mane healthy so I can meet my goals sooner rather than later. Looking at pictures between this year and last year it looks like I pretty much lost or cut all of my 2013 growth :nono: I went from MBL in June to BSB now :perplexed The good news: I know what I did wrong and those ends were fried at the time due to a misguided moment of trying to go bone-straight with my relaxer...among other things - live and learn! :spinning: The other good news is that I'm happier with my hair now than June; it's healthier and less problem prone.

For the dust, I used the SplitEnder with 2 passes. The only thing in my hair at the time was the heat protectant.

That was my first time using the Lemon & Mint detox. It foams slightly and cleans well without stripping. I'm going to use it 1x a month and the Mango & Berries co-wash the rest of the month.

Edit: I did measure my new growth it looks like although I didn't retain much my hair did grow 7 inches between the last time I relaxed (March 2013) to the end of of November this year so it's feasible to say that with the right care I can probably only retain 8-9 inches in 12 months.....but I like this thread so I'm not going anywhere :yep:

Last edited:

fancypants007

Thanks fancypants007 ! I'm trying to keep this mane healthy so I can meet my goals sooner rather than later. Looking at pictures between this year and last year it looks like I pretty much lost or cut all of my 2013 growth :nono: I went from MBL in June to BSB now :perplexed The good news: I know what I did wrong and those ends were fried at the time due to a misguided moment of trying to go bone-straight with my relaxer...among other things - live and learn! :spinning: The other good news is that I'm happier with my hair now than June; it's healthier and less problem prone.

For the dust, I used the SplitEnder with 2 passes. The only thing in my hair at the time was the heat protectant.

That was my first time using the Lemon & Mint detox. It foams slightly and cleans well without stripping. I'm going to use it 1x a month and the Mango & Berries co-wash the rest of the month.

Edit: I did measure my new growth it looks like although I didn't retain much my hair did grow 7 inches between the last time I relaxed (March 2013) to the end of of November this year so it's feasible to say that with the right care I can probably only retain 8-9 inches in 12 months.....but I like this thread so I'm not going anywhere :yep:

You go girl! Now that's what I'm talking about. 7 inches of newgrowth is phenomena. All I can say is WOW! Thanks for sharing. I like the Splitender too and I will start up using it again for my trims. Everybody is doing so well on this challenge. I'm so proud of all of you. Keep up the good work. I really can't wait to see everyone's progress pics including my own. Stay tuned.

fancypants007

I water rinse my scalp and then I use either Deva Curl One or SM Restorative Conditioner. I think my hair and scalp stay dehydrated. I don't have a set schedule right now because the length of my hair makes it hard to style quickly. Optimally I would like to cowash every 2 to 3 days.

Thanks for sharing I have check out these products too!

caliscurls

Let us know how the inversion works for you faithVA I'm really curious