12 inches in 12 months - 2014

Re: 12 inches in 12 months - 2013

It sounds like you have a lot of new growth! I'm sure you're gonna have a great length check! I'm just trying to stay positive as well. My hair has been known to give me numerous types of shrinkage when I'm trying to check my length so that's why I'm waiting until I blow dry. I haven't blow dried in over a year now, heat hasn't touched my hair in over a year at all. I just hope that this will pay off and that I didn't do this 6 month protective styling thing for nothing!

Oh no, no no; it's never for nothing. Girl if you haven't used heat in over a year, you are going to be pleasantly surprised. I can't wait to see your hair. It's going to be so lush and full, thick and yes long. Hang in there girlie. We are all in this together.

That's what I'm hoping for. My hair seems to always surprise me so I just hope that this is the case this time! I've been nothing but consistent so if anything, at least I gained some thickness!

But I don't think I'm even close to waist length. Maybe MBL, but not waist length....which is cool. Still longer than it's ever been!

I have fine strands, but my hair is dense which makes it appear to be thick. I hope my hair thickens up but I think it's wishful thinking. I'm amazed at my nape area because it is not only growing but it's becoming thick. I feel like since I started using rhassoul clay and avyuredic powders/herbs and oils/butters, my hair is improving in thickness. I just will continue using products that benefit my hair. Cherish having thick hair because it can be a blessing.

Is anyone actually getting an inch a month? I feel like it's impossible.

I can only speak for myself and I'm getting around .75 inches a month which is beyond the norm for me. I personally would be happy with getting just that. We are on a challenge to help us to do more things that can help increase inches whether it be the 12 in 12 months, or just more inches than what we started with. But to answer your question, it is possible. I don't like naming names, but in this case I will make an exception. There is someone named NJoy who got 8-9 inches in 12 months, and Jewell who has posted on this thread and she stated that she got 9-10" in 10 months. These two individuals encourage me to continue doing what I'm doing and not give up. All of us are different and some will get more than others. The name of the game is to stay consistent with your regime, tweaking and adjusting as needed, keeping positve and focus and having faith that we will see our efforts pay off with increased inches and length. I hope this answers your question. Some of the other ladies perhaps will chime in as well.

It's possible. I got it in April and May. It has been hard to get it since. For me to get it I was living the Middle East. I kept my hair corn rolled during the week and covered with a scarf. I stayed consistent with my protective style. Plus I did the LOC method everyday so when I went out into 90+ degree weather daily I was getting a deep conditioner. Unfortunately my father had some medical issues and I decided to return home. It's has been near to impossible to get that growth and I'm using the exact same products. Because it's not as hot here in GA compared Abu Dhabi. So I'm convinced that for my hair, HEAT made the difference.

Very encouraging.

Thanks caliscurls and fancypants007 for the tips. I wonder would it cut more than 1/4 if your ends needed it? Or does it cut off only 1/4" regardless?

It only cuts 1/8 to 1/4. You would have to do multiple passes to get it to do more. My ends are really bad so in some sections I did 6 to 10 passes. And then I still had to do some search and destroy.

The instructions say if your ends are ok, use it every 6 to 8 weeks, but if your ends are bad then you can do it every 3 weeks.

It's possible. I got it in April and May. It has been hard to get it since. For me to get it I was living the Middle East. I kept my hair corn rolled during the week and covered with a scarf. I stayed consistent with my protective style. Plus I did the LOC method everyday so when I went out into 90+ degree weather daily I was getting a deep conditioner. Unfortunately my father had some medical issues and I decided to return home. It's has been near to impossible to get that growth and I'm using the exact same products. Because it's not as hot here in GA compared Abu Dhabi. So I'm convinced that for my hair, HEAT made the difference.

Maybe that is where the whole baggying, green house effect (GHE) idea comes from.

You can google it. There are many Youtube videos on how to use it. That is what I did before I purchased and it really is a worthwhile purchase as far as I'm concerned. Check it out.

I've only used it once and yeah, I think I'm in love :lol:
I'm glad I don't wear my hair straight because I would probably try to use it every week :nono:

fancypants007 faithVA thanks for your replies!
Im glad to know I can just blow dry my hair in order to use the splitender. I haven't flat ironed my hair in almost 3 years and I am waiting to do so until my hair reaches my short term goal length. But I will blow dry if I need to in order to get a good trim. I know I need it!
Where can it be purchased?

fancypants007 faithVA thanks for your replies!
Im glad to know I can just blow dry my hair in order to use the splitender. I haven't flat ironed my hair in almost 3 years and I am waiting to do so until my hair reaches my short term goal length. But I will blow dry if I need to in order to get a good trim. I know I need it!
Where can it be purchased?

To make sure you get the real deal you can get it from splitender.com.

Sometimes you can get it from TJMaxx or Marshalls I think. And maybe ebay. But if you get it from other than the site, at least visit the site. They explain how to tell whether you are getting a real on or a knock-off.

In 2014 I am still going to strive for an inch a month. I am going to try NJoys growth elixir. I bought all the ingredients and I put it on last night. My hair hasn't stopped tingling. I am an inch away from bra strap now and I'm expecting to touch/graze my bra by New Year's Day. The smell doesn't bother me and I can stay consistent with this.

Because of this thread I was inspired to aim for growing an inch a month. I may not have gotten an inch but I have much progress to show!

In 2014 I am still going to strive for an inch a month. I am going to try NJoys growth elixir. I bought all the ingredients and I put it on last night. My hair hasn't stopped tingling. I am an inch away from bra strap now and I'm expecting to touch/graze my bra by New Year's Day. The smell doesn't bother me and I can stay consistent with this.

Because of this thread I was inspired to aim for growing an inch a month. I may not have gotten an inch but I have much progress to show!

Good girl, sounds good to stay focus. This challenge goes into 2014 even though it's over on 4/30/14. I'm going to continue to try to get 1" a month too. These additional methods are not really that time consuming and it helps us to narrow down our regime to what works for you. I'm going to continue to do inversion, scalp oil/massage, moisturising etc. I actually stopped using deep conditioners and my hair seems like it is loving it. I'm using the rhassoul clay mixed with butters/oils as my cleanser for hair and the oils lubricate my hair and leave it soft and conditioned. I will be using deep conditioners every 6 weeks when I do my protein treatment, followed by henna gloss which I mix with conditioner. I will be doing my rhassoul clay/butter treatment tomorrow. I will post on Monday the results again.

To make sure you get the real deal you can get it from splitender.com.

Sometimes you can get it from TJMaxx or Marshalls I think. And maybe ebay. But if you get it from other than the site, at least visit the site. They explain how to tell whether you are getting a real on or a knock-off.

The site was having a sale

Reporting back on the KevaVada oil (the one with everything in it). I've been using it for a while now and stopped using the Pomade Shop Coffee Pomade for two weeks to isolate the benefits of the oil. As I suspected the KV oil has dramatically reduced my shedding, it's actually incredible because since I was small I've always shed in what seemed like an abnormal amount. Needless to say, I will now always keep this oil in my stash. I use it during the week to oil my scalp occasionally and as part of my prepoo/hot oil treatment process.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Reporting back on the KevaVada oil (the one with everything in it). I've been using it for a while now and stopped using the Pomade Shop Coffee Pomade for two weeks to isolate the benefits of the oil. As I suspected the KV oil has dramatically reduced my shedding, it's actually incredible because since I was small I've always shed in what seemed like an abnormal amount. Needless to say, I will now always keep this oil in my stash. I use it during the week to oil my scalp occasionally and as part of my prepoo/hot oil treatment process.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Thanks for checking in. I google the oil when you first mentioned it and it sounds very good. Keep us updated on the effects of the oil. One good benefit you mentioned is less shedding. I like that. I switched to mustard oil mixed with another ayuerdic oil that I use in the evening and I'm still using MTG in AM. I have 2 more weeks before touchup time.

Hello ladies, I hope everyone is doing well. This is the normal check in for me. I'm still trying to be on track, but I am failing somewhat. Some things I consistently do, like oiling scalp, moisturising every AM/PM, doing my rhassoul clay treatments, inversion, exercise, etc., but I'm having problems with staying consistent with my eating healthy. I try to take my hair vitamin supplement, but I've slacked off my green smoothies, my MSM, my collage supplement etc. I'm telling myself I will get back refocus after my touchup. Anyow, I wanted to report on my rhassoul clay treatment that I did this Saturday. I ordered from another company and I did the same thing, but I didn't let my herbs steep that long in my aloe vera juice. I just forgot to do it the day before because I usually let them steep overnight. I applied the treatment, left on for 30 minutes, rinse. But I waited a little bit longer before I combed it out. When I did comb out, it was OK, but I noticed not so smooth. I'm guessing perhaps the water in my hair evaporated or perhaps the clay acted differently on my hair. I also noticed a tad more hair in my comb. I started using mustard oil on my scalp and I started sealing my ends with vaseline. don't know if it's that, or something else. When I finished plaiting my hair, it appeared to be longer but don't know for sure. I have anorexia when it comes to my hair. I will wait until touchup and measure using my tshirt. I will do another rhassoul clay treatment this Saturday and take notice of changes if there are any. The other clay I purchased was micronized, more finer in texture, so I don't know. I will check out and give verdict next week. I hope everyone else is doing fine and being consistent. We are 3 weeks away from touchdown. Stay consistent and focus, we will get there.

I don't know why I have such a hard time doing scalp massages and inversion :ohwell: I was thinking about the GHE method. I was wondering if I could cheat by moisturizing my hair and setting it, baggy and then sitting under the dryer on low cool for 15 minutes. I might actually be willing to do that while I watch tv or surf. Just a thought.

I'm not consistent enough with anything to get 1" a month. :ohwell:
@faithVA,

Here's a toast to you, my sister in the struggle for consistency. I start out with good intentions then fall off. I haven't been in this challenge but I said I would do inversion every month starting in August. I think I managed it that one 7 day session and quit.:lol:

I sigh when I think of the extra hair I could have by now.

My plan is to go hard in the winter so that my hair can regain it's former glory by summer time.

faithVA,

Here's a toast to you, my sister in the struggle for consistency. I start out with good intentions then fall off. I said I would do inversion every month starting in August. I think I managed it that one 7 day session and quit.:lol:

Can we be some other kind of sisters? I don't need any help struggling :lol: (jk)

At least we are doing something. We may not be 100% but we are making efforts and at some point they have to pay off right? right?

I've revised my GHE idea. I am going to use my heat cap while I watch tv :yep: That way I can be lazy and warm at the same time. :yep:

Can we be some other kind of sisters? I don't need any help struggling :lol: (jk)

At least we are doing something. We may not be 100% but we are making efforts and at some point they have to pay off right? right?
Hee hee...sure!:lol:

Okay, right here right now I am going to commit to break the hair laziness cycle for 2014. In some of my best hair years, I had a regular regimen and it's time I got back to it.

Hee hee...sure!:lol:

Okay, right here right now I am going to commit to break the hair laziness cycle for 2014. In some of my best hair years, I had a regular regimen and it's time I got back to it.

We're here routing for you to get back on your regular regimen. Go for it!

@faithVA,

Here's a toast to you, my sister in the struggle for consistency. I start out with good intentions then fall off. I haven't been in this challenge but I said I would do inversion every month starting in August. I think I managed it that one 7 day session and quit.:lol:

My plan is to go hard in the winter so that my hair can regain it's former glory by summer time.

I'm over here laughing at this exchange! Lol. This is why I had to scale back my routine...the more I was trying to do the less actually got done. Maybe try only doing 1 new things every couple of months so it becomes a habit and is "normal" before you add anything else. Me...I just can't keep up with all the techniques. The more techniques I employ at once the more of a liability I am to myself.

Hello ladies, I hope everyone is doing well. This is the normal check in for me. I'm still trying to be on track, but I am failing somewhat. Some things I consistently do, like oiling scalp, moisturising every AM/PM, doing my rhassoul clay treatments, inversion, exercise, etc., but I'm having problems with staying consistent with my eating healthy. I try to take my hair vitamin supplement, but I've slacked off my green smoothies, my MSM, my collage supplement etc. I'm telling myself I will get back refocus after my touchup. Anyow, I wanted to report on my rhassoul clay treatment that I did this Saturday. I ordered from another company and I did the same thing, but I didn't let my herbs steep that long in my aloe vera juice. I just forgot to do it the day before because I usually let them steep overnight. I applied the treatment, left on for 30 minutes, rinse. But I waited a little bit longer before I combed it out. When I did comb out, it was OK, but I noticed not so smooth. I'm guessing perhaps the water in my hair evaporated or perhaps the clay acted differently on my hair. I also noticed a tad more hair in my comb. I started using mustard oil on my scalp and I started sealing my ends with vaseline. don't know if it's that, or something else. When I finished plaiting my hair, it appeared to be longer but don't know for sure. I have anorexia when it comes to my hair. I will wait until touchup and measure using my tshirt. I will do another rhassoul clay treatment this Saturday and take notice of changes if there are any. The other clay I purchased was micronized, more finer in texture, so I don't know. I will check out and give verdict next week. I hope everyone else is doing fine and being consistent. We are 3 weeks away from touchdown. Stay consistent and focus, we will get there.

Don't be too hard on your self about your diet. I think it's especially difficult this time of year to stay disciplined. You can do it though! Small incremental steps will help you to be consistent (and good variety). Pat yourself on the back for what you've got nailed for sure :)

Got my vitamins in and had my smoothie.
Didn't eat right or exercise.

I did the 1st day of inversion for the inversion challenge. And I did my GHE under the dryer. I tried the heat cap but that Mastek heat cap is too small to use when i have rods in my hair :ohwell: I'm going to sell that thing. It's useless for big head people.

So I sat under my dryer for 15 minutes. It was cozy. All I needed was a cup of tea :yep:

Just ordered some hair to do a set of crochet braids. I put some in a little over a year ago and I loved it but I only kept them in about 2 weeks. I'm going to try to keep them in for a month this time. We will see how it goes...also I've been consistent with taking my vitamins and keeping my hair moisturized while it is braided. Tomorrow I may do a DC under my steamer if I have time. Hopefully I will have some growth to report in a couple weeks!

Don't be too hard on your self about your diet. I think it's especially difficult this time of year to stay disciplined. You can do it though! Small incremental steps will help you to be consistent (and good variety). Pat yourself on the back for what you've got nailed for sure :)

Thank you for that encouragement. We all do that at times, beat up on ourselves. I'm eating a protein bar as we speak so I am trying.

Got my vitamins in and had my smoothie.
Didn't eat right or exercise.

I did the 1st day of inversion for the inversion challenge. And I did my GHE under the dryer. I tried the heat cap but that Mastek heat cap is too small to use when i have rods in my hair :ohwell: I'm going to sell that thing. It's useless for big head people.

So I sat under my dryer for 15 minutes. It was cozy. All I needed was a cup of tea :yep:

Good girl. Please let us know how the GHE is working with the dryer. During the 7 day period of inversion, I'm adapting the GHE as well and I tell you that plastic cap can be something else. I'm going to stick with it for another 5 days.

Back