12 inches in 12 months - 2014

fancypants007

Re: 12 inches in 12 months - 2013

I'm not going to stress over the weekends. I will keep the majority of my focus on the weekdays.

Saturday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...no
...Scalp treatment....check
...Brought my lunch...NA
...Tea spritz...check
...Baggying/Water Rinse/Cowash...check
...Inversion...check
...Smoothie...skipped
...Exercise...skipped
...Visualization...check

Sunday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...maybe
...Scalp treatment....skipped
...Brought my lunch...NA
...Tea spritz...skipped
...Baggying/Water Rinse/Cowash...skipped
...Inversion...check
...Smoothie...skipped
...Exercise...skipped
...Visualization...check

It's still OK, all of it will add up!

faithVA

Monday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Brought my lunch...NA
...Tea spritz...check
...Baggying/Water Rinse/Cowash...check
...Inversion...skipped
...Smoothie...check
...Exercise...check
...Visualization...check

Tuesday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Brought my lunch...check
...Tea spritz...skipped
...Baggying/Water Rinse/Cowash...think I will GHE
...Inversion...check
...Smoothie...check
...Exercise...check
...Visualization...check

caliscurls

I have been staying on track, just not checking in. Today was wash day and while my ends are healthy I was very tempted to cut it back to BSB. Good thing I hid my scissors a while back! I couldn't remember where I put them.

By the time the year ends I'm pretty sure I'll be able to cut the majority of the remaining relaxed ends off and start 2015 off with almost MBL natural hair at the oldest layer. If I'm lucky maybe my ends won't be too thin and I'll keep more length.

Gr8ness83

Today makes it one month that my braids have been in my hair and I have received 1 inch of growth so far and a little more in some areas. I have been drinking water like it's going out of style, being consistent with my vitamins, I exercise at least 4-5 days a week, I've oiled my scalp at least 5 days a week using NJoy's sulfur recipe. I inverted for 7 days straight (honestly, I haven't noticed any great surge of growth after I did this, however some people notice it weeks after....) I know oiling my scalp 5 days out of the week seems like a lot but the mixture that I use is very effective at penetrating the scalp and hair follicles, it doesn't just sit on the scalp, I also massage it in for several minutes as well. I "wash" my scalp with diluted shampoo once every 7-14 days. Not only have I gotten growth but I am seeing new hair sprouting from my follicles. I ordered Manetabolism, the reviews have me pretty excited. If I can keep this up all year I will be thrilled and proud of myself. and several inches along in my HHJ. One thing that has me excited is that I am already all natural. I did have some heat damage but I cut it all off and not I have 3" "bangs"...smh :wallbash: Once my bangs are as long as my longest layer then I will wear my hair out....

fancypants007

I have been staying on track, just not checking in. Today was wash day and while my ends are healthy I was very tempted to cut it back to BSB. Good thing I hid my scissors a while back! I couldn't remember where I put them.

By the time the year ends I'm pretty sure I'll be able to cut the majority of the remaining relaxed ends off and start 2015 off with almost MBL natural hair at the oldest layer. If I'm lucky maybe my ends won't be too thin and I'll keep more length.

Thanks for checking in and glad that you hid those scissors. While I believe it's important to keep ends in top shape, sometimes if we wait, those ends can fill in nicely. I'm glad to hear that your hair is doing well.

fancypants007

Today makes it one month that my braids have been in my hair and I have received 1 inch of growth so far and a little more in some areas. I have been drinking water like it's going out of style, being consistent with my vitamins, I exercise at least 4-5 days a week, I've oiled my scalp at least 5 days a week using NJoy's sulfur recipe. I inverted for 7 days straight (honestly, I haven't noticed any great surge of growth after I did this, however some people notice it weeks after....) I know oiling my scalp 5 days out of the week seems like a lot but the mixture that I use is very effective at penetrating the scalp and hair follicles, it doesn't just sit on the scalp, I also massage it in for several minutes as well. I "wash" my scalp with diluted shampoo once every 7-14 days. Not only have I gotten growth but I am seeing new hair sprouting from my follicles. I ordered Manetabolism, the reviews have me pretty excited. If I can keep this up all year I will be thrilled and proud of myself. and several inches along in my HHJ. One thing that has me excited is that I am already all natural. I did have some heat damage but I cut it all off and not I have 3" "bangs"...smh :wallbash: Once my bangs are as long as my longest layer then I will wear my hair out....

Glad to hear of your success. Keep up the good work. Consistency is what counts. I oil my scalp 7 days a week follow by massage for 5-7 minutes so it's all good.

faithVA

Fabulous, you are making great progress.

nyunyu

Hey there guys! Its been a good little while since I checked in! Life got busy busy, but im organizing things and managing my time better now than last month so thats good. I have had my hair in braids for a good while now, since november last year i think. And im excited to report that im 18weeks post relaxer today!!!! The longest ive ever gone was just about 13weeks! I think its because of the braids ive been able stretch so long. Im happy about this. Im thinking of getting a texlax any time after feb 28th.
I did an inversion method challenge after i saw a girl got 2 inches after 7 days! With pics for proof! So i gave it a try. I really hope i can see some good length after i texlax. Ive been doing search and destroy method and minor little trims since ive been in braids, nothing too major.
I luv the check in check list that you guys have been using, i think id like to join in on the fun starting today!
I definitley want to give my hair all it needs to succeed by the time i texlax again.
Yay!

Last edited:

faithVA

Wednesday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Tea spritz...skipped
...Baggying/Water Rinse/Cowash/GHE...check
...Inversion...skipped
...Smoothie...skipped
...Exercise...check
...Visualization...check

I've done my 7 days of inversion. I will just do inversion every other day for the rest of the month. I need to buy groceries for my smoothie. Otherwise I'm doing pretty well.

If I have time tonight, I may try to steam.

fancypants007

Hey there guys! Its been a good little while since I checked in! Life got busy busy, but im organizing things and managing my time better now than last month so thats good. I have had my hair in braids for a good while now, since november last year i think. And im excited to report that im 18weeks post relaxer today!!!! The longest ive ever gone was just about 13weeks! I think its because of the braids ive been able stretch so long. Im happy about this. Im thinking of getting a texlax any time after feb 28th.
I did an inversion method challenge after i saw a girl got 2 inches after 7 days! With pics for proof! So i gave it a try. I really hope i can see some good length after i texlax. Ive been doing search and destroy method and minor little trims since ive been in braids, nothing too major.
I luv the check in check list that you guys have been using, i think id like to join in on the fun starting today!
I definitley want to give my hair all it needs to succeed by the time i texlax again.
Yay!

Welcome to the challenge. We are glad that you want to be a part.

Yes, all of us are loving the daily check in. Kudos to FaithVA who started it. This is motivating all of us to stay on point. I'm glad that your hair is doing well. Braids are good for stretching relaxers. I'm stretching my relaxers 5-6 months at a time. My last one was the end of December, my next one will be the end of July. I tell you though, I was feeling my newgrowth and it seems like my hair has been without a relaxer for more than just 2 months. Anyhow, keep doing what you're doing. I hope you have success too with the inversion method. I try to do it everyday, laying on my slantboard for about 10-15 minutes, but I'm still working on it.

For those who don't know - here is a kind reminder about the benefits of doing inversion therapy that I posted also on this thread.....

"Someone who was doing research for a hair manual came across this piece of advice. The more people I talked to about this hair growing method, the more I discovered that this technique actually works. Most women accept hair growth of 6-8 inches per year, the women who incorporated this technique into their hair regime found that their hair was growing 6-8 inches in just six months.... or 12 inches and beyond in a year. This technique is standing on your head."

fancypants007

Wednesday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Tea spritz...skipped
...Inversion...skipped
...Smoothie...skipped
...Exercise...check
...Visualization...check

I've done my 7 days of inversion. I will just do inversion every other day for the rest of the month. I need to buy groceries for my smoothie. Otherwise I'm doing pretty well.

If I have time tonight, I may try to steam.

Hats off to you FaithVA. Keep us all motivated by checking in daily. Love it!

faithVA

Hats off to you FaithVA. Keep us all motivated by checking in daily. Love it!

I'm trying to stay motivated. So far I'm not getting any additional growth or losing any weight :tantrum: But I will stick with it. I have to be getting healthier on the inside. :yep:

fancypants007

Well ladies, my hair was looking kinda of funky yesterday after I finished my oil and scalp massage. I decided to put a comb thru it. NOOOOOOO! I was planning to fingercomb my hair this Friday and then comb thru it to see how well I did. Well I started sooner because I was concerned about matting issues. I didn't fingercomb first. I just spritz my hair with rose water and proceeded to comb through gently. I was shocked because after almost a month of not combing, there was very little hair in my comb. The last time my hair touched a comb was January 26th. Maybe this is not real, or my products are keeping my hair on my head. I will do this again on Saturday and I will post the verdict. Stay tuned.

fancypants007

Hello ladies,

This is another new week. I hope everybody is still doing what they should be doing. I'm back to my rhassoul clay/butter treatments and I did a treatment on Saturday. My hair seems to love it! I wanted to fix my tofu quiche yesterday and just wasn't in the mood to do so. I'm trying to be consistent with my healthy eating and just can't seem to get it together. I will put forth greater effort this week.

I'm still oiling my scalp and massaging it for 5-7 minutes each night. I stopped doing the GHE where I was using water/oils/butters and my hair didn't like it. I keep my hair moisturised with my leave in spray, Wonder 8 oil and CFC. I'm loving Wonder 8 oil. I used it years ago and stopped. Now I'm back to using it because it penetrates deeply into hair.

I'm still washing my hair on Tuesdays with Neutrogena Triple Hair Repair products and it's working good. I didn't do my brazilian split end treatment yet, but hopefully soon. I combed my hair on Saturday after finish completing my hair, and ladies I had very little hair in the comb. This surprises me because I haven't combed my hair in almost one month. I was impressed. I think it's the CD's Monoi oil and/or Neutrogena Triple Repair that is contributing to less hair breakage/shedding.

I had to stop taking my hair supplements because it was making me sick. I did order another brand and hopefully they will work.

Keep consistent ladies. I know I have to put forth more effort because I'm slacking, but I see an improvement in my hair just from the weekend and I'm happy with it. I have to work on increasing my water intake, inversion, and healthy eating. I'm trying to stay on track with exercising, oiling and massaging scalp, moisturising and sealing hair. Hopefully, I will be back up to speed the next time I check in. Let's all stay positive and focus with our regimes. We want longer and healthy hair and if we keep doing what we're doing, we will get there. Do not give up because we can do this!

faithVA

I obviously missed a few days. I'm not going to post a check list for each day. I've been on point with my vitamins, water, food. My exercise and smoothies have been hit and miss. I haven't done any inversions or visualization. And I've done variations of spritzing, baggying, steaming, water rinsing etc.

Sunday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Brought my lunch...N/A
...Tea spritz...check
...Baggying/Water Rinse/Cowash/GHE...skipped
...Inversion...skipped
...Smoothie...skipped
...Exercise...check
...Visualization...forgot

Will get back on point today.

fancypants007

I obviously missed a few days. I'm not going to post a check list for each day. I've been on point with my vitamins, water, food. My exercise and smoothies have been hit and miss. I haven't done any inversions or visualization. And I've done variations of spritzing, baggying, steaming, water rinsing etc.

Sunday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Brought my lunch...N/A
...Tea spritz...check
...Inversion...skipped
...Smoothie...skipped
...Exercise...check
...Visualization...forgot

Will get back on point today.

Thanks for checking in. We count on you to do so. It seems like you are still doing very well. Can't wait until the end of this challenge which is April. I'm going to bypass a check in in February. We will all check in hopefully with a pic when this challenge is over, but not really over. Many of us are going to continue implementing these methods even after this challenge is over. But until the end of April, let's do all we can to get those increased inches.

faithVA

Since the beginning of this challenge, I have had a lot of challenges which have severely impacted my progress. For the end of the challenge, I am hoping to have all of my hair at least at nape length. Right now my hair sits between ear length and nape length. Even though it isn't my goal of SL, it will be a sign that I have at least corrected my retention issues. And that is a good first step for me. That is 65 days from now. So I will see where I am then.

I plan on doing a curlformer set this weekend. And I will post pictures then and then post my follow up in April.

fancypants007

Since the beginning of this challenge, I have had a lot of challenges which have severely impacted my progress. For the end of the challenge, I am hoping to have all of my hair at least at nape length. Right now my hair sits between ear length and nape length. Even though it isn't my goal of SL, it will be a sign that I have at least corrected my retention issues. And that is a good first step for me. That is 65 days from now. So I will see where I am then.

I plan on doing a curlformer set this weekend. And I will post pictures then and then post my follow up in April.

Sounds good. I hope that you reach your goals too! Please post a pic of your curlformer set. I would love to see it. I know it will be beautiful.

faithVA

Monday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Tea spritz...check
...Inversion...check
...Smoothie...check
...Exercise...check
...Visualization...forgot :tantrum:

fancypants007

Monday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Tea spritz...check
...Inversion...check
...Smoothie...check
...Exercise...check
...Visualization...forgot :tantrum:

All of them are checked, you go girl!

Mskraizy

faithVA, I may have to follow suit with you and post my accountabilities too!! You're doing great!

Hi ladies this me doing another random check in :look: I'm sorry I keep disappearing and reappearing. :blush:

But anyway, I'm not sure what I last said but since then I've blow dried my hair and have done braidouts and bantu knot outs and currently my hair is within 33 small-medium single braids on my blow dried hair. In a minute, I plan on hopping in the shower and conditioner washing. I want to leave these braids in for like 2 weeks (maybe 3) and just co wash it whenever neccessary, possibly deep condition in them still not sure about that. But my braids have gotten so long! And they're not even mini like I used to do them, they're fairly large and my braids are still about APL now. My hair stretched is still MBL, I'm gonna be fighting for WL this year, but I really do intend to enjoy my hair more. I haven't enjoyed my hair in a WHILE.

I'm also taking vitamins, just taking vitamin C and iron tablets. That's about it. Trying SO HARD to take my diet and exercise seriously but I haven't even made the slightest committment to it. I still find myself in the Drive Thru of some random McDonalds! :wallbash::cry: And on top of that, all the weight that I lost the year before, I've almost gained it all BACK!!!!!!

:crybaby:

Haaaaaa, I don't know when it's gonna click to start taking it more seriously. I just have NO motivation but every time I stand in the mirror....there it is. :perplexed:

That's my check in, and here are a few pics!

faithVA

^^Girl no one can hear all of that crying looking at your hair :thud: I wasn't expecting that. I want hair like that :tantrum: :lol:

:bighug: Keep your hair braided up until you feel like doing something with it. Hug yourself and tell yourself that you are ready to get back to healthy eating, exercising and living and make one small change tomorrow.

See if you can find a Panera drive through instead of a McDonalds :yep:

faithVA

I almost forgot to update
Tuesday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Tea spritz...check
...Inversion...skipped
...Smoothie...check
...Exercise...skipped
...Visualization...skipped

Wednesday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Tea spritz...check
...Inversion...skipped
...Smoothie...skipped
...Exercise...skipped
...Visualization...check

I don't feel like doing anything tonight. Going to make me a P&J sandwich and get in the bed.

I went to the doctor this morning. It's a new doctor who deals in integrative medicine. She says she will get me on the proper diet, exercise routine and help me get my hormones straightened out :yay: But my physical is not until May, unless I bump it up which I probably will. But until then I will continue to exercise and eat as well as I can.

Mskraizy

^^Girl no one can hear all of that crying looking at your hair :thud: I wasn't expecting that. I want hair like that :tantrum: :lol:

:bighug: Keep your hair braided up until you feel like doing something with it. Hug yourself and tell yourself that you are ready to get back to healthy eating, exercising and living and make one small change tomorrow.

LMBO! Thanks Faith! I will start trying to make small changes, maybe I'll start eating a fruit everyday. And Panera is a good idea. Honestly, I need to cut out the eating out altogether, me and my wallet about to FIGHT!:fistshake:

I'll start taking an orange to work, I love oranges and grapes! Work is really where my eating sets off cause I get so stressed there and I'm a BIG emotional eater. It's gotten so bad til even when I BROUGHT my lunch to work, I still went to the food court for "comfort food". :nono: I can't remember ever being this bad with food.

fancypants007

faithVA, I may have to follow suit with you and post my accountabilities too!! You're doing great!

Hi ladies this me doing another random check in :look: I'm sorry I keep disappearing and reappearing. :blush:

But anyway, I'm not sure what I last said but since then I've blow dried my hair and have done braidouts and bantu knot outs and currently my hair is within 33 small-medium single braids on my blow dried hair. In a minute, I plan on hopping in the shower and conditioner washing. I want to leave these braids in for like 2 weeks (maybe 3) and just co wash it whenever neccessary, possibly deep condition in them still not sure about that. But my braids have gotten so long! And they're not even mini like I used to do them, they're fairly large and my braids are still about APL now. My hair stretched is still MBL, I'm gonna be fighting for WL this year, but I really do intend to enjoy my hair more. I haven't enjoyed my hair in a WHILE.

I'm also taking vitamins, just taking vitamin C and iron tablets. That's about it. Trying SO HARD to take my diet and exercise seriously but I haven't even made the slightest committment to it. I still find myself in the Drive Thru of some random McDonalds! :wallbash::cry: And on top of that, all the weight that I lost the year before, I've almost gained it all BACK!!!!!!

Haaaaaa, I don't know when it's gonna click to start taking it more seriously. I just have NO motivation but every time I stand in the mirror....there it is. :perplexed:

Your hair is beautiful. I love it. I had to say that first. About the other stuff you said, we're all fighting something, so just keep doing what you're doing and try to get back focus. I'm still fighting with inversion, water intake, eating healthy, etc. I'm trying to stay consistent, but sometimes it gets the best of me and I slack off. I think the last time you checked in you said you were doing little of nothing to your hair and wearing a cap/hat. Well that low manipulation is the bomb and hair responds to it. I love your braids/plaits. It sounds like you're still doing YOU, so stay consistent and positive and we will all get there with increased inches. The other issue with weight, well that's another story.

Thanks for checking in.

fancypants007

Well said!

fancypants007

I almost forgot to update
Tuesday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Tea spritz...check
...Inversion...skipped
...Smoothie...check
...Exercise...skipped
...Visualization...skipped

Wednesday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Tea spritz...check
...Inversion...skipped
...Smoothie...skipped
...Exercise...skipped
...Visualization...check

I don't feel like doing anything tonight. Going to make me a P&J sandwich and get in the bed.

I went to the doctor this morning. It's a new doctor who deals in integrative medicine. She says she will get me on the proper diet, exercise routine and help me get my hormones straightened out :yay: But my physical is not until May, unless I bump it up which I probably will. But until then I will continue to exercise and eat as well as I can.

You know I keep saying this, you go girl!

faithVA

LMBO! Thanks Faith! I will start trying to make small changes, maybe I'll start eating a fruit everyday. And Panera is a good idea. Honestly, I need to cut out the eating out altogether, me and my wallet about to FIGHT!:fistshake:

I'll start taking an orange to work, I love oranges and grapes! Work is really where my eating sets off cause I get so stressed there and I'm a BIG emotional eater. It's gotten so bad til even when I BROUGHT my lunch to work, I still went to the food court for "comfort food". :nono: I can't remember ever being this bad with food.

The fruit sounds like a great idea. Maybe putting some peanut butter on an apple will make your body think it is comfort food. See if you an find some healthier foods that tricks your body into thinking it is comfort food. For instance hot chocolate (lot fat of course) tricks my brain into thinking it got something good. I had peanut butter and jelly on a flax and wheat bagel round and my mind thought we had tiramisu :lol:

Also maybe you want to try doing some stretches at your desk or closing your eyes for 45 seconds and do some deep breaths to destress a bit.

These are all things I need to do more myself :yep:

You are turning it around now :yep: And we will support and encourage you.

faithVA

I lurv your braids :lick: I know I said that yesterday but I saw them again this morning. I want some. Yeah, I'm begging :lol: If I had braids like that I wouldn't do nothing to my hair. Yep, I'm that hair lazy. They would be up in a bun.

Gr8ness83

An update: I see the results from the inversion, I got one inch this month. I finished the 7th day of the inversion on the 14th did a pic measurement on the 20th an was just a tad oer 4" in my nape and today on the 27th I am well over 5". Pics attached...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited: