12 inches in 12 months - 2014

caliscurls

It's Monday, let's get it in!

Vitamins -check
Inversion day 7 - check
M&S and bun - check
Extra TLC on edges (m&s) - check
5 min wake up routine - check (this is such a great way to get your blood flowing in the morning)
Full Workout ....later
72oz water....in progress
Balanced healthy eating ....in progress

My hair is doing great and I love it. It appears to be growing unevenly but that doesn't matter, I'm just glad it's growing. It's exciting that I might actually make full MBL this year. The idea of straightening it for valentines is tempting, but I'm going to pass and just stay focused.

fancypants007

Re: 12 inches in 12 months - 2013

Friday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Scalp treatment....check
...brought my lunch...check
...Tea spritz...check
...baggying...skipped
...inversion...forgot
...smoothie...skipped
...exercise...check
...visualization...forgot

You go girl!

fancypants007

Catching up, yesterday I got everything in and oiled my scalp but did take a rest from working out. My goal is 4 to 5 times a week and no more ( I do a lot of weights so the rest is necessary to prevent injury and not get too thin) Today Vitamins -check Inversion day 6 - check M&S and bun - check Extra TLC on edges (m&s) - check Full Workout ....n/a 72oz water....in progress Balanced healthy eating ....in progress

Thanks for checking in. I do the same, try to workout between 4 or 5 times a week, but haven't been doing so. I'm glad to hear that you are still on point.

fancypants007

Saturday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...partial
...inversion...check
...smoothie...skipped
...exercise...skipped
...visualization...partial

I do better during the week than the weekend which is weird. Didn't do spritzing and baggying since it was wash day.

Sunday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...in the works
...Tea spritz...skipped
...baggying...skipped
...inversion...in the works
...smoothie...check
...exercise...skipped
...visualization...in the works

Whew! Faith I can't keep up with you. But you are motivating us all, keep it up!

fancypants007

Oh wow fancypants007 I thought maybe you had a cold or something. Whatever you decide to do I just hope you're able to get back to an optimal state of health. I know from experience what it's like to be tired of an ailment and that's the primary motivation behind my quest for a healthy lifestyle now that I'm back to myself. I don't ever want to feel that way again.

Glad you're feeling better, have a wonderful Monday!

Thanks for encouragement. I've never been diagnosed with gallbladder problems but in googling my symptoms, it seems like I do have gallbladder issues. I don't think it's gallstones, but it's definitely something. I have to go to my doctor and just get checked out. I wasn't ready to do this, but now I am. Thanks for the caring support.

fancypants007

It's Monday, let's get it in!

Vitamins -check
Inversion day 7 - check
M&S and bun - check
Extra TLC on edges (m&s) - check
5 min wake up routine - check (this is such a great way to get your blood flowing in the morning)
Full Workout ....later
72oz water....in progress
Balanced healthy eating ....in progress

My hair is doing great and I love it. It appears to be growing unevenly but that doesn't matter, I'm just glad it's growing. It's exciting that I might actually make full MBL this year. The idea of straightening it for valentines is tempting, but I'm going to pass and just stay focused.

Thanks for checking in and I'm so glad to hear that your hair is doing great. My hair too is growing faster on one side than the other. I find myself pulling and tugging on sections of my hair on the side that is shorter after my massage. Some Indian massages say to do this pulling/tugging to increase circulation. I'm hoping it will work.

faithVA

Monday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Tea spritz...check
...baggying...water rinsing instead
...inversion...check
...smoothie...skipped
...exercise...i dunno. Don't feel like it :lol:

fancypants007

Monday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Tea spritz...check
...baggying...water rinsing instead
...inversion...check
...smoothie...skipped
...exercise...i dunno. Don't feel like it :lol:

Shout out to you FaithVA for keeping us all on track. Keep it coming.

faithVA

Tuesday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check - got the full 60 oz in :yay:
...brought my lunch...no but I kept it healthy (chicken breast and sweet potato0
...Tea spritz...check
...baggying...check
...inversion...check
...smoothie...check
...exercise...in progress
...visualization...check (doing this in front of the mirror. closing my ends and going through the motions of doing a bsb length check).

caliscurls

A big check for yesterday and today :look: :) Got the flexi-8s and I really like them. Need to play around with styling options this weekend.

Last edited:

fancypants007

A big check for yesterday and today :look: :) Got the flexi-8s and I really like them. Need to play around with styling options this weekend.

What are the flexi-8s, do tell! I was thinking about getting those curl former rollers. I still haven't decided yet.

fancypants007

Tuesday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check - got the full 60 oz in :yay:
...brought my lunch...no but I kept it healthy (chicken breast and sweet potato0
...Tea spritz...check
...baggying...check
...inversion...check
...smoothie...check
...exercise...in progress
...visualization...check (doing this in front of the mirror. closing my ends and going through the motions of doing a bsb length check).

60oz of water, girl that is good. I am so proud of you keeping and staying motivated. I see many others are responding and they are checking in on a daily basis too. I'm going to stay with doing my once a week check in but I made a manual check list of all the things I'm doing daily/weekly to my hair and checking it off as I complete.

faithVA

60oz of water, girl that is good. I am so proud of you keeping and staying motivated. I see many others are responding and they are checking in on a daily basis too. I'm going to stay with doing my once a week check in but I made a manual check list of all the things I'm doing daily/weekly to my hair and checking it off as I complete.

Nothing wrong with a weekly check in. I know I need a daily check or I will let a lot of things slide and think I did more than I have. A week from now I won't remember how many days I did inversion or took vitamins. :lol: Ask me now or don't ask me at all. :lol:

fancypants007

Nothing wrong with a weekly check in. I know I need a daily check or I will let a lot of things slide and think I did more than I have. A week from now I won't remember how many days I did inversion or took vitamins. :lol: Ask me now or don't ask me at all. :lol:

I hear you and if that is what keeps you on track, then go for it. Like I said on another post, you are motivating us all to stay on point too!

faithVA

...Vitamins...check
...Water...check - got the full 60 oz in
...Brought my lunch...check
...Tea spritz...check
...Baggying...check
...Inversion...check
...Smoothie...skipped
...Exercise...check
...Visualization...check

faithVA

Thursday
..Vitamins...check
...Water...check -
...Brought my lunch...off today
...Tea spritz...check
...Baggying/Water Rinse/Cowash...check
...Inversion...check
...Smoothie...check
...Exercise...skipped but plan to stretch before bed
...Visualization...check

faithVA

Friday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...I'm not sure :look: I didn't drink enough
...Brought my lunch...didn't eat lunch
...Tea spritz...check
...Inversion...check
...Smoothie...check
...Exercise...um, I need to do something
...Visualization...check

schely10

Today is washday @ 12wks post!! I cant wait for my touch-up! Only 4 weeks to go!!
Here is what I have done so far:

1)Pre-poo’d w/mustard oil & coconut oil & steamed for 30min
2)shampoo’d w/clarifying shampoo
3)Oil rinsed w/almond oil
4)Applied Mega Tek (26th time) left on for 30min
5)Rinsed out Mega Tek
6)Sprayed w/green tea
7)Deep conditioned w/Mixed Chicks & silk amino acids
8)Steamed for 30min
9)Rinsed w/cold water
10)Dried w/t-shirt

I still have to apply my leave in & m&s! Washdays are sooo long!! lol

fancypants007

...Vitamins...check
...Water...check - got the full 60 oz in
...Brought my lunch...check
...Tea spritz...check
...Baggying...check
...Inversion...check
...Smoothie...skipped
...Exercise...check
...Visualization...check

You go girl!
Thanks for checking in.

fancypants007

Friday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...I'm not sure :look: I didn't drink enough
...Brought my lunch...didn't eat lunch
...Tea spritz...check
...Inversion...check
...Smoothie...check
...Exercise...um, I need to do something
...Visualization...check

You go girl. With your efforts, you are bound to get results. Cheering you on!

fancypants007

Today is washday @ 12wks post!! I cant wait for my touch-up! Only 4 weeks to go!!
Here is what I have done so far:

1)Pre-poo’d w/mustard oil & coconut oil & steamed for 30min
2)shampoo’d w/clarifying shampoo
3)Oil rinsed w/almond oil
4)Applied Mega Tek (26th time) left on for 30min
5)Rinsed out Mega Tek
6)Sprayed w/green tea
7)Deep conditioned w/Mixed Chicks & silk amino acids
8)Steamed for 30min
9)Rinsed w/cold water
10)Dried w/t-shirt

I still have to apply my leave in & m&s! Washdays are sooo long!! lol

Thanks for the check in. Have to post pics of your relaxer results. Keep doing what you're doing to get the results we all want.

fancypants007

Hello everyone, I hope all is well. This is my first of the week check in. I am still on track and yes still need to improve in some areas. I decided to go forward with the GHE at least 5 to 6 days a week. I see great results when I do so. However, I'm using rose water, butter and oils only because I don't want to do the baggy method which can lead to mushy hair. This is how the GHE was explained, using natural products like water, butters and oils.

I didn't do my rhassoul clay/butter wash on Saturday because I ran out of aloe vera juice which I use to mix it up. Anyhow I'm still focused on doing my exercising, massaging scalp, oiling scalp with new oil mix, and keeping my hair moisturized and sealed. I'm still working on inversion, but I'm motivated now to do it because I read that it can help calm the body and especially relaxing the stomach which are health issues that I have. I will start tonight.

I tried a new massager, that thing they call the tingler. I used it yesterday after oiling my scalp. I will use it and see how it works.

I'm trying to pay attention to my healthy eating because i know that hair grow is depended on internal just as much. I'm still taking my hair vitamins, MSM and will be adding biotin. I bought some tofu because I read that soy based products are good for my stomach aliment so I'm looking for recipes on how to fix tofu. It's also high in protein which is an added hair benefit.

My hair overall is doing well. I'm just doing my best with it and hoping just like all of you for the best. I'm still doing fingercombing which seems to be working. This weekend I will comb my hair to see how I'm doing with fingercombing. I'm losing very little hair when I do fingercomb. I don't know if it's the Neutrogena Triple Repair shampoo and conditioner I'm using or what. It's a good product and I use it once a week. I also will be doing a trim this weekend using my Splitender and afterwards, I will be doing my Brazilian Split End blowout doing it only on the last 3-4 inches of your hair.

Let's all stay focused and motivated on this challenge to achieve the results we want. Remember efforts leads to blessing, so stay consistent!

faithVA

I'm not going to stress over the weekends. I will keep the majority of my focus on the weekdays.

Saturday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...no
...Brought my lunch...NA
...Tea spritz...check
...Inversion...check
...Smoothie...skipped
...Exercise...skipped
...Visualization...check

Sunday