Oiled and massaged with Paltas BKC
Took my vitamins
Sprayed braids with a mixture of coconut water/AVJ/Olive oil
Drank my water...next week is my inversion week

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Oooooo I need a vegan version.
Waist Length Cocktail yum lol

Girl you Vegan ? How do you do it ? I'm over here struggling trying to be Vegetarian #ImHungry :cry:

It is official. I will be living in loose mini twist for 2016 :love3:. The maintenance and styling (after install) is practically non existent and my wash day was just cut in half. It really kinda don't get no better than that....

Loveygram

Wow (water only wash) this AM. Wide tooth combed, and smoothed in Aveya HBCO and Curls Crème Brule, then air dried. Love that Crème Brule so far!!!

Started inv. meth yesterday using organic grape seed oil. I just have a little left so I'll be switching over at some point to org. rosehip seed oil.

For protective styling.... just can't go there right now so I continue to wear my fro mostly shrunken because in that state it looks lush thick and healthy. I do wear my slaps a lot especially when going out now that it's freezing outside.

My go to smoothie is all organic;
collard greens, apple, carrot, frozen blueberries and water. I now add flax seed, wheatgrass and/or kelp powder, which make it definitely a hair tonic and vegetarian.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Massage and oiled my scalp with WGHO. I put my hair in a cute little updo. I also took my vitamin and drunk 2 chlorella smoothies.

If my scalp holds up well I'll wash my hair next week, if not I'll wash it Wednesday.

bluenvy

Over the weekend I prepoo overnight, washed and dc this time using heat :love3:happy happy thoughts.

I went two years without dcing with heat. I'm taking full blown advantage of my new hard bonnet dryer. Even did a roller set.

My son turns a year old next month, so I can officially look forward to my hair growing again.

grow

Day 1 of inversion completed

Laid down with back on bed, head tipped over edge of bed, 5 minutes
No oil, no massage

Off to buy a new juicer!:)

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
Poo'd in micro-braids with ORS Uplifting Shampoo

Condish: VO5 berries and cream
DC : AOHSR
Scalp: Paltas Bkc
hair length leave-in : JBCO/KCKT/tiny bit of coconut water

Hoping to only take down these micro braids end Feb, i get so impatient...can't PS longer than 3weeks max at a time

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
Took my vitamins
Drank 1L water already
Brisk walk
Oiled and massaged with Paltas BKC

About to have my protein shake...

Can't wait for next week, it's my IM week

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I did my weekly wash with Cream of Nature detangling shampoo and Kerastase Therapiste mask. My hair smells so good. I'll start back using my sulfur oil tomorrow. I like to let my scalp breathe for about a day after I wash my hair.

fifigirl

milk,raw wheat germ, wheat germ oil and one raw egg. i discovered it in the "drink your way to waistlength thread" @pelohello

Thinking of joining you on this....read the thread today and it's pretty interesting

Also bought l-cysteine today and started with 1000mg...will beef up to 1500 and then 2000mg within the next 2 weeks....i'm 5 weeks into my braids and loving the fact that my hair is all wrapped up even though i seem to be fixated with my new growth. I am always playing with my hands in it

Kells

Thanks for the link @nothidden

Did anyone notice what they wrote about vitamin D?

"5. Vitamin D

Vitamin D promotes healthy follicle growth so you don’t want to run a shortage on it. In order to top up on it you’ll want to schedule regular and brief outings outdoors so you can get some exposure to the sun. You don’t need much in order to keep your body synthesizing its own Vitamin D, but hermitting yourself indoors during the winter months can lead to a deficiency. There are also Vitamin D supplements and hair products that contain it, but they don’t compare to having your body generate its own supply."

I have the slowest growth in the winter time and always felt like my hair just grows better in warm whether but now I'm wondering if it's because I limit my time outdoors when it's cold? I keep hearing how so many Americans are deficient in vitamin D especially black people so I just had a physical requesting my vitamin D levels be checked and I should be going back to the doctor for the results soon. Either way I think I'm going to try to get more sun this winter, either sitting by a window at work if I don't want to go outside. When it's cold I barely leave my office even for lunch breaks :(

I'd just found out how critical vitamin D was, after I'd been reading up on it in the last week or so. So I've added it to my supplements, because I KNOW I don't get enough vitamin D.

bluenvy

Im trying to figure out how to massage my scalp in my protective style. I wish i had one of those electric massagers

You know if you put your hand on your head with a firm grip (not sliding your hand or fingers) and wiggle it, it shifts like its a wig moving slightly up, down side to side etc.

If your hair is still up in an updo try that. This way you won't disturb your style.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I'd just found out how critical vitamin D was, after I'd been reading up on it in the last week or so. So I've added it to my supplements, because I KNOW I don't get enough vitamin D.
You know I think I'm good on Vitamin D. My morning walk to the train is about 12 mins and unless the cold is brutal, I always stand outside to wait where the sun is directly on my face.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just massaged my scalp for 5 minutes with Gro aut oil and I'm wearing a baggy for 30 minutes.
I only bought the 1oz bottle, but since I like this oil I will get the bigger size.

Kells

You know I think I'm good on Vitamin D. My morning walk to the train is about 12 mins and unless the cold is brutal, I always stand outside to wait where the sun is directly on my face.
Nice, I know I need to get my butt outside more often. I have hermit tenancies, so I'll be poppin pills until I program myself to be out in the sun more lol

bluenvy

In my own crazy mind I believe the sun is attracted to me.
It always find me wherever I am.
I could be walking, driving or a passenger, its right there smacked in my face on my whole body. Freezing or blazing hot weather. The sun has it out for me lol.

Anywho will pamper my hair this weekend with nice wash, massaging cowash and d/c.
Roller set, to look cute this week for my birthday.

Kells

Washed, did a moisturizing DC today and put my hair back up in 4 jumbo twists.
Ive been contemplating putting my hair in faux yarn locks.
I was thinking maybe next month, but I think I'll wait until after the next length check, so there's no rush to take them down.

greenandchic

Living in the Pacific NW, sometimes we don't see the sun for weeks. I saw it today for about 5 minutes; the first in over a week and a half. I have to take 10,000 IU of D3 to keep my levels at the normal level.

Tonight I cowashed with Aveda Be Curly Co-Wash (sample tube) and conditioned with L'Oreal Oleo Therapy Oil Infused Conditioner. Currently towel drying before setting it for the night.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Definitely lurking for tips so that I can get the most growth for 2016.

So far, my plan includes:

Protein DC on Sundays with Chicoro's Protein Pre-poo once a month (my hair loves protein)

Moisture DC on Thursdays with Hot Oil steaming as pre-poo.

- Daily vitamins (finish my Nioxin then switch to Beautiful Bamboo)
- Vitamin D3, 5000
- Some other supplements TBD
- Raw garlic mixed with turmeric, black pepper and honey

Scalp massages with herb infused oil as much as I remembered for 10 minutes (instead of inverting)

Some sort of moisture cream on ends at least every other night.

Primal diet with Pilates, Hot Yoga and cardio /strength work

Roller sets on regular basis

Last edited: