12 month retention buddies needed for comparisons

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Looking for a few (relaxed or natural) retention buddies to do a 12 month comparison

your methods, your products, your techniques, your reggie, your hair type

only control measure is current length = YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 3 (including yourself) people with your current length....each length check will be side-by-side comparisons of all 3 buddies

simply want to track each other for 12 months, compare, share, etc. with visual comparison

objective
: RETAIN AT LEAST 6 INCHES OVER THE NEXT 12 MONTHS (with visual sharing, comparing, etc.) ***WITH HEALTHY ENDS***

anyone interested? just check in here

PARTICIPANTS... FOR THIS THREAD ONLY
**PLEASE** PICK A FONT COLOR AND ONLY POST IN THAT FONT (so that we can easily skip & track/compare) each other's post

Last edited:

Evolving78

i'm in! i have 6-7 inches now and would love to see how well i retain throughout the year! should we check in once a month and do a monthly progress pic? i am going to post my pic here. i am 6 inches in the back, 6.25 on the sides and crown. i just recently trimmed 1/4-1/2 inches off.

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

i just don't understand pics.. it looks longer than this dauuum TWA in the mirror
... I am 6 inches crown/sides

7 inches back/nape

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

i'm in! i have 6-7 inches now and would love to see how well i retain throughout the year! should we check in once a month and do a monthly progress pic?

check ins can be as frequently as you have time... I will personally will do pic updates every 3 months
but we gotta have a starting pic (and try to have accurate length measurements for 1st and 13mnth)

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=246038" said:
newbeginnings2010[/URL] ;13451425]ETA: Never mind. In my over-eagerness, I didn't notice the 6-7 inch requirement! :blush:
hey... if you wanna still glad to have you... the pic comparisons will just be different (was gonna use software to line up all the growth comparisons)

but really we will just have to be more accurate with measuring if different lengths participate tis all

Last edited:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I think I'm about 5-6 inches crown and back, and about 4-5 inches sides and front. Will do measurements when I cowash later this week. I'm probably way off, LOL.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Yeah, remeasured, about 6.5 in the front and sides, and about 7.5 inches in the back...I was off...I guess I have hairarexia, LOL. Doesn't seem that long to me.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Yeah, remeasured, about 6.5 in the front and sides, and about 7.5 inches in the back...I was off...I guess I have hairarexia, LOL. Doesn't seem that long to me.
ok angel... apparently I have a big arse head and a long arse neck b/c my 7 inches is no where near (in my eyes) as long as yours in the back
hmmmph!
:grin::look:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

ok angel... apparently I have a big arse head and a long arse neck b/c my 7 inches is no where near (in my eyes) as long as yours in the back
hmmmph!
:grin::look:

Yooz a nut :lachen:, no you don't. I still look at my pic and find it hard to believe, because it doesn't feel as long as it looks. I'm only 1 1/2" shorter in the back than I was when I BC'd nearly a year ago, :spinning:.

nlamr2013

I have questions!!!
1. So Im confused can we participate of our hair is longer than 6in?
2. What if we're possibly going to be using some type of growth aids, do we just say that in our regimen?

Thanks!:yawn:

newbeginnings2010

I have questions!!!
1. So Im confused can we participate of our hair is longer than 6in?
2. What if we're possibly going to be using some type of growth aids, do we just say that in our regimen?

Thanks!:yawn:

nadaa16

There is a 6-7 inch limit I think, but I'm replying to you because we're around the same length (yours is longer though). I wouldn't mind being your retention buddy!:grin:

CurlsBazillion

I wanna be down. This is a cool thread for real, if this don't keep my behind in check nothing will.
I'm natural, 4a thin, a lil over 6in in the back 5in at the crown (anytime I get the scissor itch I cut bangs, smh, retard I know)
Reggie: Shampoo and Dc for 30 min weekly. Co wash m&s and something like a fench roll daily, baggie every other day (been slipping lately), clarify 1x monthly. I french roll under wigs.
my starting pic is my april 2011 in the pikistrip

Last edited:

g.lo

this is a great thread, thanks OP for starting!!
i will take some pic on my next wash and post, measurement as well:perplexed
i will be updating every 3 months only!!!

happy hair growing all:grin:

Ash25

Ooo Ooo...I wanna join too!!!

Im about 7.75 inches in the front (is that ok???:pray:) and about 6 or 7 inches in the back. My crown....boy oh boy....is about 4.5 inches (major set back!)

...please excuse my dry ashy lips!!! lol

Last edited:

ojemba

Im relaxed, 4B

I'll be back with my reggie

current length = Back 11', Side 12"

Ill Post starting pic from my phone since it's easier. loll.

ojemba

:sad: My bad I didnt' realize you had to be 6" to join. OP this is great tread I wish someone would start one with my measurments. LOLLL

Im relaxed, 4B

I'll be back with my reggie

current length = Back 11', Side 12"

Ill Post starting pic from my phone since it's easier. loll.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=265874" said:
ojemba[/URL] ;13458623]:sad: My bad I didnt' realize you had to be 6" to join. OP this is great tread I wish someone would start one with my measurments. LOLLL

yea... changing that

(you're right makes more sense actually)... you just have to have at least 2 buddies with your near-EXACT measurements... would like side by side measurements

I've very visual but yes... ALL LENGTHS ACCEPTED

Last edited:

ojemba

yea... changing that

(you're right makes more sense actually)... you just have to have at least 2 buddies with your near measurements... would like side by side measurements

I've very visual but yes... ALL LENGTHS ACCEPTED

Oh great!!! In that case I'm looking for a buddy.