12 month retention buddies needed for comparisons

MyAngelEyez~C~U

hair4romheaven MyAngelEyez~C~U SimJam
hey buddies, I did a length check for the month of may (Yeah I kept procrastinating smh) and my nape is now 7in! 3in to APL:grin: I also started DCing overnight and still steady on daily cowashing.

How are you ladies doing?

DayDreamist, Looks like I have 2 inches to APL in the back...my hair is growing out in weird layers. I think I might make it by my birthday (end of October), if I'm really nice to my hair.

ETA, my hair wasn't bone straight, started reverting on me , LOL.

Last edited:

CurlsBazillion

@DayDreamist, Looks like I have 2 inches to APL in the back...my hair is growing out in weird layers. I think I might make it by my birthday (end of October), if I'm really nice to my hair.

ETA, my hair wasn't bone straight, started reverting on me , LOL.

Beautiful full hair! I gotta wait till its cold outside to flat iron (its that part of summer down here when it rains everyday for a hot second)but your hair is tempting me!

HauteHippie

Ooo Ooo...I wanna join too!!!

Im about 7.75 inches in the front (is that ok???:pray:) and about 6 or 7 inches in the back. My crown....boy oh boy....is about 4.5 inches (major set back!)

...please excuse my dry ashy lips!!! lol

Ash25
I'd know those ashy lips anywhere!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

NewHairWOWeave

I'll have to read over how this works, but can be your buddy! :)

@NewHairWOWeave

I think I'm about 8 in the very front and 10 in the back. I'll have to measure, though. Is that close enough to you?
Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

GREAT !!!!:grin: I will post my lengths later today after my salon visit, but I think thats close enough. the last time i check I was 10 in the back.. and about 7.5-8 in the front

HauteHippie

NewHairWOWeave

I've finally logged in on an computer! I'm thinking about relaxing my hair (started a thread) and just wanted to see if you were relaxed, too.

Geez... that sounds needy!

SimJam

wow Ive been a slacker with this buddy system

Im in corn rows, trying to save myself from myself, ive done serious damage to my edges and nape. I pick at my hair when Im stressed and work has been super stressful lately.

I had my hair in a puff and took some pics, was shocked I may put them in my fotki to track my progress with growing back.

CurlsBazillion

I joined a Keep it simple challenge and its like as soon as I did that I started to get a little extra. I had to take a step back and buckle down. I will only bun or 'roll, tuck, pin' after I cowash. If I'm going somewhere its a wash n go.

CurlsBazillion

hair4romheaven MyAngelEyez~C~U and SimJam, Hey Buddies! Checking in on ya'll! I had a small set back. I lightly flat ironed the back portion of my hair for the HYH challenge and noticed the ends on my sides above my ear were raggedy!! Thin coarse ends, at least an inch and a half. Not sure if sides suffered because of my buns always being in the center, or the usage of banana clips but I had to cut it :ohwell: Now I have to figure out how to make sure it doesn't happen again! How are yall doing?

SimJam

@hair4romheaven @MyAngelEyez~C~U and @SimJam, Hey Buddies! Checking in on ya'll! I had a small set back. I lightly flat ironed the back portion of my hair for the HYH challenge and noticed the ends on my sides above my ear were raggedy!! Thin coarse ends, at least an inch and a half. Not sure if sides suffered because of my buns always being in the center, or the usage of banana clips but I had to cut it :ohwell: Now I have to figure out how to make sure it doesn't happen again! How are yall doing?

@hair4romheaven @MyAngelEyez~C~U DayDreamist

im doing ok, as I said in my previous post Ive decided that I need to keep my hands out my hair so I'll be doing corn rowed styles for maybe the next 2 - 3 months.

other than that my hair is doing ok, just introduced HairVeda prods to my hair and they be getting along famously :grin:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

hair4romheaven MyAngelEyez~C~U and SimJam, Hey Buddies! Checking in on ya'll! I had a small set back. I lightly flat ironed the back portion of my hair for the HYH challenge and noticed the ends on my sides above my ear were raggedy!! Thin coarse ends, at least an inch and a half. Not sure if sides suffered because of my buns always being in the center, or the usage of banana clips but I had to cut it :ohwell: Now I have to figure out how to make sure it doesn't happen again! How are yall doing?

Doing alright, no major setbacks, wore a fro for 4th of July, so been do extra moisturizing while my hair is in a stretched state.

hair4romheaven

MyAngelEyez~C~U DayDreamist SimJam
I am doing WELL! Still in a full weave. Taking it out in a week and CANT WAIT!!! I have been hiding my hair for a long time. I feel like I have had a lot of growth, I can feel it. :)
I will be reweaving on the 27th. After that I will wear my hair out for the first time since my BC in 6/2010. :-0
HHG sistas!!!

CurlsBazillion

Thats whats up hair4romheaven! I plan on wiggin and weavin it up as soon as it gets cold. I'm sew in challenged, just can't do it. I will be making more quickweave wigs and half wigs like this one. I wear this whenever it not super hot outside. I made this 1/2 wig out of that crappy bobbi boss french wave hair I regretfully bought:nono:

keepithealthy

Hey ladies nadaa16 and carameldelight87

How are ya'll doing? So far so good for me this summer. My hair is growing and I'm not experiencing any splits or breakage. I've just been co-washing several times a week and bunning or air drying in twists overnight and styling. I'm interested in using Dominican products now and plan to try out some other products for dc'ing and leave ins.

carameldelight87

Hey ladies nadaa16 and

How are ya'll doing? So far so good for me this summer. My hair is growing and I'm not experiencing any splits or breakage. I've just been co-washing several times a week and bunning or air drying in twists overnight and styling. I'm interested in using Dominican products now and plan to try out some other products for dc'ing and leave ins.

nadaa16 keepithealthy

Things are going great! I wore yarn twists for a month and I remeasured my nape area and it's at 10.5 inches. Don't be alarmed, I think I may have inaccurately measured before. I did NOT gain 2 inches in a month. :lachen: I do think I gained the typical .5 inch tho. :yay:

But I've gotten the system together so from now on the measurements should be accurate. I've reached APL in the front, but not in the back.

I've recently purchased castor oil which I've been using on my edges and ends. I also bout SheaMoisture's Moisture Retention Shampoo and their Deep Treatment Masque, so I'm gonna give those a try.

As for styling, I've only been out of my yarn twists for 2 weeks and I've mostly been in twists, twistouts, puffs, and buns. I'm still in a protective style challenge so I'm trying to keep my ends tucked away. :yep:

I did break a few hairs in the process of removing my yarn twists and during some handling (my bad) but other than that I haven't experienced any noticeable breakage. Just the regular shedding.

nlamr2013

@nadaa16 @keepithealthy

Things are going great! I wore yarn twists for a month and I remeasured my nape area and it's at 10.5 inches. Don't be alarmed, I think I may have inaccurately measured before. I did NOT gain 2 inches in a month. :lachen: I do think I gained the typical .5 inch tho. :yay:

But I've gotten the system together so from now on the measurements should be accurate. I've reached APL in the front, but not in the back.

I've recently purchased castor oil which I've been using on my edges and ends. I also bout SheaMoisture's Moisture Retention Shampoo and their Deep Treatment Masque, so I'm gonna give those a try.

As for styling, I've only been out of my yarn twists for 2 weeks and I've mostly been in twists, twistouts, puffs, and buns. I'm still in a protective style challenge so I'm trying to keep my ends tucked away. :yep:

I did break a few hairs in the process of removing my yarn twists and during some handling (my bad) but other than that I haven't experienced any noticeable breakage. Just the regular shedding.

I forgot all about this thread!!
Im doing well cowashing daily I think I will roller set this weekend. If so Ill post pictures. I'll also measure again see where progress is. I may need to stop wash and going because Im getting splits, tanlges, ssk and regular knots:ohwell::ohwell: :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

carameldelight87

I forgot all about this thread!!
Im doing well cowashing daily I think I will roller set this weekend. If so Ill post pictures. I'll also measure again see where progress is. I may need to stop wash and going because Im getting splits, tanlges, ssk and regular knots:ohwell::ohwell: :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

I get ssks too but yeah, wash n goes are usually the culprit. I'd suggest you slow down on those. :yep: