12 month retention buddies needed for comparisons

keepithealthy

Hey ladies nadaa16 and carameldelight87

How are you doing now that summer has ended?

Its already getting cold up here in the North East. So I'm going to be going to twists and roller sets soon. I'm considering braiding my natural hair in box braids or getting a sew in. I'm going to be straitening my hair at the end of this month to see if I've made any progress. I will post pics when I do so. Oh and I bleached the front portion of my hair. I was going for a blond look but it turned out like a fiery orange read, but I like it.

carameldelight87

Hey ladies nadaa16

keepithealthy, I LOVE that color! You're a brave one, girl! I'm still scared to do anything permanent or semi-permanent to my hair. Your hair looks like it's growing very nicely by the way!

Just to update you, I found that my hair is low porosity and it has changed my WORLD!! I bought a Huetiful Steamer and when I tell you that it did wonders for my ends, I'm not exaggerating at all! My ends have always felt a bit crispy. You know that feeling when you slide your hand down a section of hair and you can feel when you've made it to the "ends" of your hair? That is completely gone now. My ends are just as smooth as the hair at my root.

I also discovered the wonders of glycerin and water. This humidity in Houston is working quite well with the glycerin and as of last week (my first use with the steamer and glycerin mix) my hair has NEVER been this moisturized.

I must say that I'm excited to finally understand my hair's needs. :grin:

Right now I'm just wearing twists throughout the week. I must admit, it's rather boring but I'm noticing that it's helping me retain my ends so I can't complain. I've grown 1.5 inches in the last two months in my nape area (it could be different in other sections) so something I'm doing is working. :yep:

I've done the occasional wash n go but the shrinkage causes SO many SSKs I just can't keep doin it. :nono: I keep saying I'm gonna put my yarn twists back in but haven't found time to, we'll see.

I plan to straighten some time this winter. My mom wants to me to wait until Christmas when I go home so she can see how long it is. She's a length freak. :lol:

Anyway, that's about it for me. I'll let you know when I get my fall/winter regimen on lock. :)

Oh, yeah another thing I've been experimenting with is accessorizing! Here's my attempt at accessorizing a rather boring updo with a bow made from a scarf.

Last edited:

keepithealthy

carameldelight87 nadaa16

caramel I love the hair candy! kute! I just remembered about this thread. What are you ladies up to? I had my hair braided up for 6 weeks, took them down and now I've been rocking straight hair for a few days. I'm not sure what I'm going to do till the end of the year...twists, more braids, weave...choices choices. I'm inching closer towards my goal of wl and looking forward to next year.....I'm hoping the best for your hair as well. :D

CurlsBazillion

MyAngelEyez~C~U I didn't get notified about this..well it'll say I have 3 mentions and then only show one so yeah, I'm sure we all know of these issues.... ANy who, Girl you made APL, congrats congrats! I think I saw u and SimJam in the 2012 BSL challenge, we can do this, I'll see u around!