nlamr2013

I can't change color from my phone. :perplexed but my measurements are:
~9 in in back
~10 in front and sides
~11 in middle and crown

anybody wanna be my buddy ?

21 months natural and loving it!

CurlsBazillion

@DayDreamist Im gunning for 6 inches which would make me be brushing BSL (which for me is 13 inches from my nape)

and I forgot that I have in cornrows so I cant measure right now. :spinning:
will measure over the weekend

@SimJam BSL on me is 12 from my nape which to me is 1/2 an inch above my back hairline cuz those hairs to me grow like my front hairline.

Yeah full BSL is very reasonable for us:yep:

But hold up what is everyone's growth rate? @
hair4romheaven @MyAngelEyez~C~U

Last edited:

CurlsBazillion

Here is a clearer starting point. I've been lookin for this picture for awhile, it was in my email...yeah so, I wanna use this one.:look:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

^^^ how many inches are you? we look very similar actually[/QUOTE

A little past 6in. Be my retention buddy:grin::grin:!
http://youtu.be/OdximU6Ao00 (can't stop this commercial from playing in my head:look: errtime I come up in this thread!)
:lachen::lachen: ok just saw your link.... why did i want one of those soooooooo bad as a kid?
also (pm me if needed) but what part of GA are u in? .... and do you still cowash daily? (has the manipulation seemed to affect your hair any?)

Last edited:

CurlsBazillion

@hair4romheaven and @tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT LMAO we all live in GA??? wow, thats kinda cool/creepy:lol: I'm in the CSRA (costal savannah river area) back woods:sad: for now.
I do still cowash daily w/ aussie moist, gf triple nutrition, and sometimes HE HH.
So my official retention buddies are hair4romheaven, MyAngelEyez~C~U, SimJam. Maybe tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT??? (she never said yes:look:)

MY product list
ORS Replenishing-DC (gonna try silk elements mega silk soon too)
Suave daily clarify-Clarify
Aussie moist, gf triple nutrition, and sometimes HE HH-Cowash
Optimum Anti Breakage Shampoo-weekly moisturizing shampoo
SSI Marshmallow Cream- Moisturizer
KCKT, HE LTR- Leave in
GSO, SAO, Amla OIl, EVOO, WhGO, EVCO-various uses mostly prepoos
Shea/Avocado/Mango Butters -sealants
Kenra Platinum Straightening Gelee- Blow Outs (on rare occasions)
Silk Elements Heat Protection- Flat Iron (I hate it gonna switch to Chi or something after I use it up)
Wheat Germ Oil and Egg mask- biweekly mild protein mask, I leave it on for 2-3 hours.

YoursTrulyRE

I'm going to join this but I can't post anything until Tuesday bc my hair is in mini braids. I will be taking them out Friday and will post a starting pic when I get back from vacation.

SimJam

@hair4romheaven @MyAngelEyez~C~U @DayDreamist

But hold up what is everyone's growth rate?

mine is abt 0.5 inch per month
but Ive been having some retention issues lately (last 5 or so months actually) and I think its stemming from my colour job, so I really need to get cracking on the protective styling.

Ive decided that even though I dont like corn rows, I probably will have to stick with them for a couple months for the sake of my retention

SimJam

MY product list and Regi pretty simple

cleanse 1x per week
African Black Soap/Dr Bronners/Suave humectant/bentonite clay

Deep condition 1xper week (steam with hairtherapy wrap)
BFH shea mango tea mask
BFH mango macadamia mask

Protective Styles
corn rows
twists
will limit twistouts and other styles that leave my ends exposed

Shananyganz

I'm not sure who is buddied up already and what-nots....I'll look through the thread again to see what it is. ANYWAY..I would like to join if at all possible.

1. ABOUT MY HAIR

I went and got a press and trim on April 30th and am presently a good 1 to 2...maybe 3 inches from a healthy APL (3 inches being extra full APL). I am about 8-9 inches (my crown being the 8) all around.

I am natural and my style of choice right now...right now is anything that will protect my hair. I am presently in some individual braids (as of May 21st) and plan on keeping them in for the summer (at least). I lightly spritz my scalp each morn with distilled water and apply a little oil to the actual braids after. Not sure what to put on my scalp...I'll probably just oil it and try to keep it clean other wise. I'll rebraid as needed with most of my focus and attention going to my my edges and nape area.

2. REGIMEN (this is bi-weekly, unless otherwise specified)
* Pre-poo with heated VO5 conditioner and some kind of oil (coconut, olive, almond, etc) I TRY to do this overnight each time.
* Shampoo with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo (as needed). If I've used heavy products or have crazy build up, I will shamppo with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo or Giovanni Clarifying/Hydrating Shampoo
* Condition with Trader Joes's Nourish Spa Conditioner or Giovanni Conditioner and detangle at this step
* Deep Condition with ORS Replinish Packs (using a heating cap and leave in for at least an hour)
* I use my shea butter mix as a leave in and air dry in braids

*** I have been thinking about incorporating Sulfur 8 into the mix for the last six months..so not sure if that is happening. Mainly I just want to do as little with myhair while still taking care of it and giving it what it needs.

My starting pic is my siggy.

Last edited:

CurlsBazillion

I'm .5" per month but i think i got more this month because I'm taking omega 3-6-9. I will check officialy at the end of the month.

keepithealthy

Hello ladies :D
nadaa16 and carameldelight87 lets retain! retain! ratain!!:drunk::drunk: lol

I'm back with my info

Reggie
I don't have a real reggie yet because I had to change as my hair grew.
But basically

Warm Weather
Co wash 1-3x's a week
DC 1-2x's a week alternating between protein and moisture
Scalp massage 3x's a week (Peppermint, Rosemary, Vit E, Castor Oil Mix)
Clarify at least 1x a month
Wash with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo 1x a week
Will be wearing wng's and buns in the summer. No heat

Cold Weather
Will alternate between twists and straight hair in the winter.
I'm not really sure what I will do this winter my hair is a bit longer than last year.
(I might get my natural hair box braided or get a sew in the winter)

Oh and I also trim my hair every 3 months.

My hair is roughly 10 1/2 inches all around.

Here are my starting pics

YoursTrulyRE

I did my measurements last weekend. I wasn't smart enough to take a starting pic and now I'm in braids but my siggie is pretty close to where I am. Haven't been retaining much lately and did a good trim to get rid of some bad split ends that I had.

Front: 7.5"
Nape: 6"
Side: 3.5" (not sure why my sides don't grow)
Crown: 8.5"

**These are approximations because I used a regular hard ruler...need to invest in a soft one)

Hair Type: mostlly 4a ( I think some 4b)

Goal: BSL (13.5 inch from nape/22 inches from crown)

Regimen:
- Use shampoo/comdish mix every sunday

- Cowash on wednesday
- DC every wash (alt. moisturizing and protein condish)
- Detangle every 2-3 weeks when I remove braids and redo
- Have been wiggin it for the past 2 weeks. Plan to keep it up until I see more retention. (been super lazy and wiggin is supper easy)
- Baggy at night and under wig throughout day (take off when home to let hair breathe)
- Spritz hair lightly with mix and use WGHO to seal before baggy (KCKT, scurl, avj and water)
- Use Claudie's Elixir nightly
- Use other growth aid mixture every other night
- Take vitamins consistently (multi, nioxin, garlic, biotin, msm, B-complex, D3)

Who wants to be my buddy?????

carameldelight87

Thanks keepithealthy!! nadaa16

I wanted to let you both know that I'm currently in yarn twists. I'm gonna keep them in for a month and then redo them probably. I'm loving them and it allows me to leave my hair alone!

So my yarn twist regimen is really simple:
Spray with my homemade leave-in concoction daily and tie up at night. :yep:

I probably won't wash until I take the twists down unless my scalp gets really dirty and/or itchy. I may just get some SeaBreeze and scrub it on my scalp. When this yarn gets wet it takes FOREVER to dry so I'm really not interested in submerging my entire head in water right now. Not to mention it'll get really heavy and pull at my roots.

Once I take it down, I'll remeasure and let you know how much has grown so I can see what my growth rate is. :grin: